Quantcast

New Iron Horse Yakuza Series

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Ill tell you guys what, these Kumicho suspension bikes have pivot placement miles off from a Bullit etc.. pretty unique little bikes actually, as unique as a single pivot with a full seat tube can get at least.

dw

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
the downhill bike looks sexy!! but the freeride versions are not as pretty, the curve in the top tube is akward... wonder how these ride

sadly im in the market for a more freeride oriented bike, probably wait and see the prices on the 7point5 and if I can get whatever shop I buy it from to switch out the fork for a Stance Kingpin before I rule out that bike :)

Supa8

Monkey
May 3, 2002
Middle of MA
ckooi said:
looks like a bullit to me
Looks like My 02 DHR and a Bullit had a hot night together and this is was the result. I think its a hot little bike. Looking forward to seeing the geometry specs.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
just when you thought IH couldnt get their **** together any better..... BAM!!!

Keep up the amazing work. If more companies were on that track youd probably see way more people out ripping it up at the mountains every weekend.

word on the street is the Kumicho is supposed to be better than the current SGS in every way, that still hold true dave?

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Not bad, but what happened to all the FSR designs? Seems like all their new bikes are horst and single pivot designs. Nothing wrong with that, but I guess Im just a fan of the fsr design.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Monkeybidnezz said:
Not bad, but what happened to all the FSR designs? Seems like all their new bikes are horst and single pivot designs. Nothing wrong with that, but I guess Im just a fan of the fsr design.
Horst = FSR, its one and the same. The DW-Link is the new linkage setup they are using this year

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
zedro said:
Horst = FSR, its one and the same. The DW-Link is the new linkage setup they are using this year
Sorry, I meant the 4 bar linkages like the Konas...vs the linkage that Specialized patents.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Monkeybidnezz said:
Sorry, I meant the 4 bar linkages like the Konas...vs the linkage that Specialized patents.
Iron Horse doesn't have any Kona-style 4-bars... :confused:

They have the DW-link bikes which are definitely not Kona-style, the FSRs (SGS series), and now these new single-pivot dealios...

D

Dingus McGee

zedro said:
i guess saying "millimeters off" wouldn't have been as dramatic :nuts:
Hell, I bet there are a couple of full centimeters goin on down there ;)

-edit- .....DW...are you going to Mammoth and where are the parties?

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Holy smokes. Those things look great! Even better than the renderings Dave showed me a while back.

Looking at how nice those lower-end bikes look and knowing how IH always sells at such great prices, I'm now understanding why they just ordered about a zillion superchargers from us! :)

Todd and Dave: VERY nice work on these!! Tell Stew he owes you a steak dinner.

:D

--JP

Hans

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
For DW/todd: Why have you chosen to stick with eight inches when the general trend seems to be nine to ten inches? Not being critical, just wondering! Still loving those bikes! :drool:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hans said:
Trek? Are we being sarcastic or have I missed something? :confused:
You missed something. Gary Fisher (owned by Trek) and Trek themselves have produced two Diesel-esque looking frames for 2005. The Trek frame is in the Bruiser series of bikes and is aimed at the budget market.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
punkassean said:
Looks good, but what's up with the Japanese names?
It's the hierachy of the Yakuza. The Kumicho is like Marlon Brando in the Godfather.......Chimpira is like a street punk....you get the idea.

Supa8

Monkey
May 3, 2002
Middle of MA
Kumicho is going to be a hot seller. I read info on Aussie $ and with a US conversion if the #s are right it is a great deal.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
What would be the probility of me being able to just get the Ojiki frame? Also what would the Metel R rear shock be like? I'm asumeing that it would be like a vanilla r. Any insight here?