Quantcast

New Lapierre

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Honestly, how much do you hit that part of your frame on anything? The worst I've had is small rocks kick up and hit the bash but thats about it.

The bike looks good except for the under the BB cable routing IMO.
loose rock section?
i was gonna say a lot of that here out in the west coast. then i thought of plattekill, were you break through a lot of shale rock, then it tumbles down after you, for you to hit it again

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
what's up with the xt cranks looking like they have integrated bearings.....there doesn't seem to be a driveside cup

also, what are those two little threaded holes in the frame, on the drive side, right near the upper roller....they are built into the glory hole that the shock goes through????....wonder what those are for?

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
wasnt the whole point of 2 piece style cranks to get the BB out of the frame to increase bearing size and life?
yup. this is the same thing, they've been doing it in the road bike world for a bit now. just the bearing sits in the frame. instead of a cup that screws into the frame.

Rick205

Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
I really like the look of that :drool:

Much nicer look than my lapierre230

I wonder if they would sell the the front triangle and links if my old swingarm would fit, hmmm?

Either way, thats my favourite looking bike so far for 08

Rick

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yup. this is the same thing, they've been doing it in the road bike world for a bit now. just the bearing sits in the frame. instead of a cup that screws into the frame.
isn't this the same idea as the spanish (or is it spanglish) bb setup that bmx companies are using these days?

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
Nice tires.. :p

I wonder if the US distributor can bring this frame over the US this time around. Got shot down once due to some patent thingie...

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
B e a u t i f u l.

But I don´t like that GloryHole. Definitely needs a skidplate.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I really like the look of that :drool:

Much nicer look than my lapierre230

I wonder if they would sell the the front triangle and links if my old swingarm would fit, hmmm?

Either way, thats my favourite looking bike so far for 08
Rick I was thinking exactly the same. The frame is tits. I also think that if the shock protection is as good as in dh-230 than it should be fine. The cable routing on 230 is very good so it should be fine here also. Lapierre takes huge concern about details. I was impressed when I first saw one in real life. Love the polished alu finish.

My new dreambike for now. Just add BOS rear shock and I'm sold ;)

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
That looks the Mutts Nutts. I presume the BB is the same as trek and a couple of other road companies are doing and changin the bb shell to accomodate the bigger bearings internally. Think integrated headset I suppose its the next step forward.

Jordan Masse

Chimp
Nov 7, 2007
wasnt the whole point of 2 piece style cranks to get the BB out of the frame to increase bearing size and life?
external BBs are a flawed design, any engineer will tell you that bearings are only as good as what's supporting them. the biking industry just goes in circles some times, they went away from external bearings along time ago because they didn't work. The bearings do not have enough support and are subject to wearing out faster. When the bearings are in the frame they have alot more support.

FSA has the right idea. what is rely needed is a larger BB shell standard

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Since seeing Nico's one at Champery, it quickly became one of my favourites. Great to see its being released!
Such a nice looking bike. Beautiful lines.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I think its a bit ugly, doesn't mean I wouldn't rock it though :biggrin:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
dh-230 is 4500euro in europe, I think remember also the Canadian price that was sth about 7000 ( I may be wrong). So the new one should be around the same price mark. Probably it still won't be available in us as the to broad patent is still in its place.