Quantcast

New Lapierre

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
hahah, nice backhander...
:confused: what does that mean?

I personally think the bike looks great, tube proportions, shapes, its clean, and I personally appreciate clean Industrial Design work in any product, including a bike.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
... I think Socket is reading the wrong thing into your impressions about the bike.

dw isn't the kind of guy to bag on someone else's design - it's all about an appreciation for the cool, new, original designs that are out there.

Agreed - the new DH920 does have a nice Industrial aesthetic to it - and the chromed frame with the gold accents is pretty cool too.

Like others - a bit concerned about shock protection near the front of the BB. Maybe a removeable skid-plate would be a nice addition.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
There is a plate in 230 i think it's removed on the pic. Probably it will be there on the factory bike.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
just figured something out....

look at the second pic down(the one looking up at the bb area).......the lower chainguide mount has a proprietary piece that's anno gold and custom made....it bolts right onto the bb shell......

those top two screws by the glory hole must be the same thing, only for the top guide box

kind of cool that the LG1 has become such an industry standard that this company has designed it's bike around it......

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
:confused: what does that mean?

I personally think the bike looks great, tube proportions, shapes, its clean, and I personally appreciate clean Industrial Design work in any product, including a bike.
hahaha, just the use of "industrial design" as opposed to "engineering"...

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
I thinks its a beautiful bike. The clean line from the top tube through the seat stay looks fantastic. Its a pretty popular design element at the moment (spesh and giant) but Lapierre have really raised the bar for what classifies as industrial cool.

The gold and polished alloy is old school new school cool.

How about some gold I9 hubs and spokes with black rims to roll on that beastie?

:drool::drool::drool: