Quantcast

New Manitou Dorado?

dagmz6s

Monkey
Jan 12, 2008
Merion, PA
I never had any problems what so ever with the carbon one leaking from pos. to neg.
The new system (on the aluminum version) is set up like a normal air system.
Air in the top, air out the top. So if there were problems with any that may be solved.
I know there was talk about them finding a way to do this. Hadn't heard they were actually using it this year, good for them.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
if you have it for a bit longer, did you notice any difference to the carbon version with the issue of the air leaking from the positive to the negative chamber and having to bleed it constantly - i read about that in a german forum and was wondering if it was true ..
yes there was a problem with the very first few dorado's (i have number 4 out of 40'ish? of the 2009 carbons) i guess you could say those 40 were being tested and we did find a few small problems. Manitou has corrected everything for 2010 and is running smooth, thus is why they put them into production for 2010.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
so the aluminum and carbon have different internals?
nope, they are not gonna make and carbon for 2010, just focusing on the alum. for public availability. but if i were to send my carbon back i would be able to get the new 2010 air system. but theres no reason to, my 2009.5 system works amazing.

or different air spring/cartridge anyway? curious to know why if that is the case and if they perform any differently?
nope, all the same internals, just without the carbon.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
nope, all the same internals, just without the carbon.
huh?
you fill your cartridge at the top and release air from below. someone said the aluminum fills and release from the top

edit:
The new system (on the aluminum version) is set up like a normal air system.
Air in the top, air out the top. So if there were problems with any that may be solved.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
There have been updates for 2010 system for the air in-air out difference.
Every thing else is the same.
Dennis may elaborate on what that difference actually is, all I know is that
I see a different valve system to which air is applied and released.
Both forks have been great to me! I had no probs. with the 2009 Carbon.
Of course when you send it in to get the tune-ups they will update the fork with the newer technology.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
It is nice to see Manitou getting back onto some DH bikes.

My next fork will either be a Dorado or Boxxer WC. The sicklines review said it was a bit flexy hich is the only reason I am not 100% sold. Maybe that azzhole yuroshek can elaborate on this?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
It is nice to see Manitou getting back onto some DH bikes.

My next fork will either be a Dorado or Boxxer WC. The sicklines review said it was a bit flexy hich is the only reason I am not 100% sold. Maybe that azzhole yuroshek can elaborate on this?
woah easy bud haha, the only person that could notice it flex that i know of was Geritt Beytagh in a parking lot test. i do not notice any flex while riding the bike, of course if you stick the front wheel in the corner of a wall and twist it will flex.

boogeman, ill have a dorado mounted up on a Giant for you to test if you make it to races or diablo. let me know and ill get you set up and you can try it out yourself. Since my word doesnt matter to people because i am a sponsored rider. I'll have a demo bike for people to test out the suspension.

Deal?

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
honestly i think you can write a small review of the fork just state that you're sponsored so people will take it with a grain of salt or whatever

personally i am curious even though i am not in the market for a fork

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
If I make it to Diablo this summer(I hope I do once) you have a deal.

How about coming to platty for a race?

Whiteface opening weekend?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
If I make it to Diablo this summer(I hope I do once) you have a deal.

How about coming to platty for a race?

Whiteface opening weekend?
ill be at whiteface opening weekend, Jason Memmelaar and I will be holding a few clinics that weekend. more info later.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Dorado is an excellent performing fork and yes the internals are the same for both the carbon and alu versions. With Clayton back in the sponsor seat, I'm looking forward to the 010 season with the HB group. :)

www.hayesbicyclegroup.com