Quantcast

New V-10 frame

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
That's really nice looking. Is it Black or Gray Ano? It's hard to tell with the flash.

I have a Black ano frame. It's nice since the finish is so durable.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
MOTODH said:
very nice any ideas on the build?
40RC2 (already ordred)
the risse racing crowns with the integrated stem option
DT 5.1D rims, sapim spokes, DT 340 fron hub, allot nipples, and WTF front.
the middlebrun cranks
FSA BB
mallet Ms
E13 integrated stem
monkey light DH bars
king headset
X0 shifter and short cage derailer
dura-ace cassette
formula puro brakes with 8 inch hope 2 piece roters that have a blue center
SDG saddle and post.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
TheMontashu said:
40RC2 (already ordred)
the risse racing crowns with the integrated stem option
DT 5.1D rims, sapim spokes, DT 340 fron hub, allot nipples, and WTF front.
the middlebrun cranks
FSA BB
mallet Ms
E13 integrated stem
monkey light DH bars
king headset
X0 shifter and short cage derailer
dura-ace cassette
formula puro brakes with 8 inch hope 2 piece roters that have a blue center
SDG saddle and post.

:drool: awesome looking forward to the pics:thumb:

def a good selection of parts

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Interesting build, sound like you have lots of expertise surrounding you...be grateful, that should be a really fun bike. I am sure you are just so excited you could just ship. I am happy for you, look forward to riding again some day,H

dh_dirt_diva

Chimp
Dec 7, 2005
I da' Ho!
I have had several friends who have owned v-10's and absolutely loved them!!!! You are one lucky rider..... enjoy, while the rest of us sit back and watch you ride with envy in our eyes :angry:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Heath Sherratt said:
Interesting build, sound like you have lots of expertise surrounding you...be grateful, that should be a really fun bike. I am sure you are just so excited you could just ship. I am happy for you, look forward to riding again some day,H
I am stoked all the work at the shop is starting to pay off, not that it didnt already being that I have learned to much about working on bikes.

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
TheMontashu said:
I am stoked all the work at the shop is starting to pay off, not that it didnt already being that I have learned to much about working on bikes.
dude dont lie...you dont know shiat about working on bikes...you had better not build that urself either...pay me to do it right.

Nov 9, 2005
do the rissie racing stems save you weight? and are they stronger than the stock ones? either way they look sick thats for sure.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
v10"o-PlEaSuRe said:
dude dont lie...you dont know shiat about working on bikes...you had better not build that urself either...pay me to do it right.
If he doesn't pay you, don't even tell him what to and not to do. It will be funny to watch him struggle on the install.

I am waiting to see a misthreaded BB, ovalized headtube, and the effect of DOT fluid on bike paint.

The best part is when he screws it up and has to ask Eric to help him. You should have seen the glee on Eric's face when he tried to "align" the back triangle of Loren's Big Hit. I kept telling Eric, "You can't bend aluminum", but he got frame alignment tools and bent those stays until they were straight.

Of course, we had to order a new rear triangle the next day.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
sanjuro said:
If he doesn't pay you, don't even tell him what to and not to do. It will be funny to watch him struggle on the install.

I am waiting to see a misthreaded BB, ovalized headtube, and the effect of DOT fluid on bike paint.

The best part is when he screws it up and has to ask Eric to help him. You should have seen the glee on Eric's face when he tried to "align" the back triangle of Loren's Big Hit. I kept telling Eric, "You can't bend aluminum", but he got frame alignment tools and bent those stays until they were straight.

Wow. That sounds like a nightmare.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Bicyclist said:
Wow. That sounds like a nightmare.
Eric kept laughing and saying, "I almost have it aligned". I was just waiting for the big crack to happen.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
TheMontashu said:
steeve you do realize I have pressed all 3 headsets on the santa curz's that ahve gone out and installed one of the bottom brackets.
That's exactly why I think something bad will happen.

You're bragging about the 3 headsets and 1 BB you installed.

Ask Mikey how many he has installed. Ask me about how many times I have seen installations gone bad.

ViciousDHer

eBay vigilante
Oct 30, 2003
TheMontashu said:
steeve you do realize I have pressed all 3 headsets on the santa curz's that ahve gone out and installed one of the bottom brackets.
A typical lbs bike mechanic:nopity:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
sanjuro said:

Ask Mikey how many he has installed. Ask me about how many times I have seen installations gone bad.
I have installed more than that, that is jest the past week. and how many SC sales do you have??? What happend to selling the first one???

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
sanjuro said:

Wate so now I'm not saposed to get the boss's help when I need help with something? I have heard many time the story of how the guy couldnt figure out the master link and how its good to have some one like eric help me with sutff I can't do. I know what I can do on a bike and I know what I can't do, as well I go and get help when I am having trouble. HEY!!! How about I jest start doing eovrything myself on costomers bike even when I can't figure it out!!! NO!! I am going to do what I can and get help when I need it and be shown how to do it the correct way by a better mechanic than myself, and will continue doing so till I am confedent I can do it myself.

Dirtbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
eastbay
sanjuro said:

Jew said:
'm not the best mechanic and I freely admit it, but I am not totaly incapable of asembaling a bike from a frame.
I'd let mikey build it or have him show you. Taking on a wheelbuild is a little ambitious for someone who's only done one BB, and a couple headsets. Right now Im picturing you riding a v10 with air-bled brakes, oiled rotors, WD-40'ed brake pads (stops squeaks right?), and radial laced wheels.:dead:

Maybe you could do everything slowly and have everyone show you how to do each thing one at a time or something. You are going to die if you ride a bike built by yourself.