Quantcast

New Volvo

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
That yellow car rules. The blue one...not so much. It needs a huge stainless and carbon wing on the back and the ricer transformation would be complete.

Squeaver

Monkey
Mar 1, 2006
Sanford, NC
Now, that Evolve Volvo is sweet. Not a huge fan of the front or rear bumpers though. I would prefer something a little less agressive. Then again, with 507hp, who cares right?

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Roof racks work great.
It's hard to sleep on a roof rack without getting sore ;)

May be I am on road trips to often but my wagon is always packed to hell even with roof rack and hitch rack! No way I could use anything smaller. My windsurfing gear alone completely fills my car.

For mountain biking, any racer will tell you how they became the kings of packing. You don't fit tool boxes, spare tires, gear bags plus a few friends in a small car. It's just not possible or you take more cars but it's not really fun.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
I've seen a couple here in Phoenix, but rare. I don't care if my car sounds like a baby crying if it will help ease the destruction of the planet.
It's more of a poor *quality* sound I guess. There are cars out there that get better mileage on the highway and are more practical anyways..I guess they'd be great for strictly commuting to work and such.

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
I dont keep up with the Queens buck. How much is it in actual money?
1 British Pound = $1.95. That's a pretty expensive hatchback at the high end. Let's see - should I buy a Corvette, a Boxster, a BMW 3 series, or the Volvo hatchback? Or - I can save $10K and buy a Lotus.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
I'm soooo down with it. 240hp in a little car like that = a perfect daily driver. Think: Old truck for hauling, bike trips and abuse. This for the other 80%. Too bad its going to cost an arm and a leg here, as well as see competition from the mazdaspeed 3

1 British Pound = $1.95. That's a pretty expensive hatchback at the high end. Let's see - should I buy a Corvette, a Boxster, a BMW 3 series, or the Volvo hatchback? Or - I can save $10K and buy a Lotus.
Yeah, but a lotus if you want a chassis with a engine and a few misc. parts bolted on....

I accually love lotuses, they are bare bones cars, which is fun for driving things like a race car

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
I read somewhere that ford are planning to sell some of there smaller cars that they sell across here in the US do you think they will sell?

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I read somewhere that ford are planning to sell some of there smaller cars that they sell across here in the US do you think they will sell?
Yes. There are actually a lot of people over here that don't need to drive a rolling fortress around town.

lucky13

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle, WA
wtf mazda? Yea right. Step on up to an Audi A3 or Avante wagon.

Volvo will always stand head and shoulders above all american vehichles no matter the corporate sponsorship of a company that sells lots of trucks and suv's to an ignorant country.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
wtf mazda? Yea right. Step on up to an Audi A3 or Avante wagon.

Volvo will always stand head and shoulders above all american vehichles no matter the corporate sponsorship of a company that sells lots of trucks and suv's to an ignorant country.
Looks an awful lot like something I've seen somewhere else... I wonder where?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I like it.

But much like the Audi A3, just seems like a lot of coin to drop on a little hatch. That said, I have a Mazda3 hatchback, and have rarely ever found it to be too small. So, if I were to buy a new, more expensive car, I'm not sure I would find it necessary to get a bigger one. Just a nicer one of the same size.

Aren't the current V50s the same as Mazda3s? Thought I read that.

Read good reviews in Car and Driver about the Mazdaspeed3. They dubbed it the WRX killer! (sans 4WD, of course...)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Saw a smart car in a lot yesterday. I like small cars but that thing was rediculous, I wouldn't feel safe in it. I'd rather take my chances on the motorcycle where a single row of wheels provides better escape possibilities.
I think "closed casket funeral" whenever I hear the words "smart car."

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Careful with Volvos, they have tranny problems at about 50,000. Get the Extended warranty if you do. And the Focus beat the new Lamborghini in every bracket of competition. In motor Trend the only place it beat the focus was in what you would rather show up to a party in...oh the shame. and the Volvos are the safest car on the planet...I have several friends who are first responders and they say that EVERY time they arrive at a scene the volvo people are fine and everyone else is either dead or hospitalized. They actually had to redevelope the jaws of life to be able to open volvos because their cockpits were so impervious to outside forces...crazy.