Quantcast

New Whip? New toys for the dependable steed?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
View attachment 205079

They're Deity Highside 50mm rise bars. They've got 9 degrees of back sweep and Renthal has 7 so theyre a little more than what your used to. I prefer less spacers and taller bars for some reason. That DMR stem had 5 degrees of rise and I ran it flipped and slammed with my tall bars. It was bad to the bone except for the part about the stem sucking at holding the bars.

what are these things and where do I buy them?

cableclips.JPG

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Doesn't everyone have a bucket of cut used zip ties for using again?
look man I just started cleaning out my garage getting rid of mountainbike shit I haven't touched in 10 years (to make room for dirtbike parts I won't touch for 10 years) and the number of those fucking things I've tried to use that end up being 1-2mm too short caused a mantrum of rage that the entire neighborhood could hear. If I had neighbors and not empty airbnbs.

Much like the grip shifters and woodgrain sram deraileurs I just threw away, I will hand down cable buddies to my grandchildren that do not exist.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Much like the grip shifters and woodgrain sram deraileurs I just threw away, I will hand down cable buddies to my grandchildren that do not exist.
Last time I was in the used bike part shop they were selling those for a pretty penny. I left them in the case and walked out with a pair of Jill Kintners old flat pedals for my bar bike for $10.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Just loop a small zip tie through some a .25" chunk of tubing.
Nahhh, please let him buy something from Mullet Cycles.

EDIT- My Continental rear tire seems pretty decent and they seem to be doing a bit to make future tires a bit more environmentally friendly.
Plus they have the dandelion tires.

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Couldn't find the old parts for the new bike thread-
IMG_20231217_083428.jpg

Edit-Still have Shimano brakes on it, damn thing came with some sort of matchmaker. Looks like an abortion of a system.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
technically every zip tie is reusable

That's great, I have a lot of uses for 1cm long cable ties I can open.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
New Pegs. Replacements for Replacements of Point1 Podium pedals - what were theeeee best flats eva.

Deity Bladerunners, after two sets + 5 years of XPedo Mags. Plenty of traction. 2pm rains came on right at 11:15am, they have a hold in the wet also. Good profile, tested on rock strikes, I'm still just that smooth on a bike...

20231217_120414.jpg

20231217_120342.jpg

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Pool noodles, Pink nipples and white goo.
IMG_20231222_161927.jpg

I think that's all I want to spend on the Norco, it reminded me why I don't buy complete bikes, coz I can't save long enough to get one with decent parts.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
What is wrong with this type? Got a bazillion of them off of AliExpress for a couple bux.

View attachment 205179
Hey Brother,I forgot the name of those Brake Lines,who makes those? Grafton,no. I run one for the rear on my HardTail. But I read somwhere here that you can not find them anymore? True?

Avy