Quantcast

NEW World Cup replacement!?!?

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
EDIT: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED!

direct from the UCI website

After the cancellation of the American round scheduled in Angel Fire Resort, the UCI looked for a replacement venue and it is finally the city of Saint Félicien (Quebec) that will host the fifth round of the Olympic Cross Country event on 1st July 2007. However, the downhill and 4 cross have unfortunately been cancelled.

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
just heard some INTERESTING NEWS....

a little birdie told me that a new WORLD CUP venue to replace the canceled Angelfire World Cup will be announced within the next 48 hrs! (however, in UCI terminology, that means about 4-8 weeks).
Anyway, rumor has it that it's suppose to be heald within North America - "out west". no clue where yet.... but let the e-speculation begin!

whistler?
fontana

Rye_Bread

Monkey
Mar 22, 2006
Boulder
durango, i heard that they are rebuilding the DH course and the WC will be heard that....

actually I didn't hear that from anybody...I just made it up, but thats what e-speculation is right?

MichaelT

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
home
just heard some INTERESTING NEWS....

a little birdie told me that a new WORLD CUP venue to replace the canceled Angelfire World Cup will be announced within the next 48 hrs! (however, in UCI terminology, that means about 4-8 weeks).
Anyway, rumor has it that it's suppose to be heald within North America - "out west". no clue where yet.... but let the e-speculation begin!

whistler?
Hey buddy,

1st) congrats on the new gig.
2nd) Well, that info is a few hours old. So .... doing the math, carrying the 3 adding the 6.... you only have about 40 hours left to wait. ;)

Michael
e.thirteen

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
is there a reason the DO is capitalized?
eeehwwww....!!!!

You guys really have gotten rusty at E-spec.

If you're gonna go for it...go ALL OUT!

The correct e-answers in order of retardedness are as follows:

1. Big Bear - Forest (of dust and sand)Service Rocks!

2. Squaw Valley - Course designer...Krispy..he'll be un retiring and breaking out the Kawasaki green kit!

3. Northstar at Tahoe - Mountaincross to be held in downtown Reno

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
Off the HOOK!

That's how summer in BC will be this year.

Did you hear that Whistler is having a Dual Slalom event as part of Crankworx??

Rye_Bread

Monkey
Mar 22, 2006
Boulder
2. Squaw Valley - Course designer...Krispy..he'll be un retiring and breaking out the Kawasaki green kit!

3. Northstar at Tahoe - Mountaincross to be held in downtown Reno
either one is more prepared than you might think...both have the track for it too...

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...I heard it's gonna be at Sea Otter.

In order to make it more challenging Chuck Norris will be one of the new "obstacles" placed at an undisclosed location on the course.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
also forgot to mention that the rumor also mentioned that the event might potentially be held during the MIDDLE of the week. interesting...

also, source mentioned that the XC World Cup will be held at a different location (not sure if same dates or different), but would be further away from Mont-Sainte-Anne... & from what it sounded, the DH world cup was a better location (compared to xc) in terms of distance from MSA.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
It's Whistler, about a week after Crankworx. My guess. That would make it in late July. I'm not sure how that fits in with other race dates with the UCI or Norba, but that's what I have been told.

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
I heard it will be on Oahu Hawaii, the old World Cup course of 96 i believe. What ya'll know bout that!

Or possibly Maui, an 18 mile DH run.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
©2001;2489892 said:
C.O.P. Calgary, like 2004.
As bad as most made that event sound...I liked it alot. Decent town, Killer venue, wicked 4x, nice XC, DH needs some polishing, but what DH does not.

But my money is on the one I have been hearing about for a while from a little short canadian guy with really long shorts, capris, whatever you call em....and a purple vest.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
As bad as most made that event sound...I liked it alot. Decent town, Killer venue, wicked 4x, nice XC, DH needs some polishing, but what DH does not.

But my money is on the one I have been hearing about for a while from a little short canadian guy with really long shorts, capris, whatever you call em....and a purple vest.
long shorts!?!! i thought they were really shrt pants!
haha... i was considerin joining the purple vest crew... but screw 'em... i like my black ogio vest better!

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
Where everyone can scratch their names on the bathroom walls in the layers of **** and toilet paper that hasn't been cleaned off in years.
HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.......seriously.......i would rather **** inside of a sleeping bag and roll down their gnarliest downhill trail than **** in their herpeghonnosyphillaids infected feces smattered pig stye of a bathroom

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i pooped at plattekill, and my anus is still intact.

it SHOULD be at whiteface...maybe next year.

Is sunday river still closed? Maybe we can bring biking back...