Quantcast

NHL playoffs...

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
I wish the Pens wouldn't have waited until the last 2 minutes to try and tie up the game. I thought they were going to score on that last play!

I was happy to watch the wings players skate around with the cup though. Even if I am a die-hard penguins fan. They played a great series/season and deserved the cup. Looking forward to next season. (I sure hope the Pens can keep Hossa!)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Congrats to the Red Wings and a valiant effort by Pittsburgh. I'm glad the series ended up going deep as I feared a sweep after the first two games in Detroit. I think the young kids on Pittsburgh learned a lot and they should/could be a formidable force in the East for a few years.

Mike Babcock does seem like a pretty humble and classy guy and he's a good coach. He made some smart forward adjustments during the course of Game 6 that made a lot of sense.

I also feel good for Osgood. He doesn't get much respect, but he definitely got the job done this year.

That was a pretty entertaining series after the first two games. I hope a good number of people tuned in to watch Games 5 and 6 in particular.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I also feel good for Osgood. He doesn't get much respect, but he definitely got the job done this year.
Hard to believe he's won three Cups. A goalie doesn't win three Cups by accident.

I think the Pens will win multiple Stanley Cups with Crosby leading that team.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Hard to believe he's won three Cups. A goalie doesn't win three Cups by accident.

I think the Pens will win multiple Stanley Cups with Crosby leading that team.
How old is Sergei Gonchar? He's getting up their in years isn't he?

If so, eventually the Pens will need to replace him with someone of equal or better talent to win even with Sid the Kid.

Example: Look at the guy who wears #5 for Detroit. Lidstrom is the difference maker for that team - no doubt about it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
How old is Sergei Gonchar? He's getting up their in years isn't he?

If so, eventually the Pens will need to replace him with someone of equal or better talent to win even with Sid the Kid.

Example: Look at the guy who wears #5 for Detroit. Lidstrom is the difference maker for that team - no doubt about it.
With Pittsburgh being a serious Cup contender, there will be no shortage of players wanting to go there. I think they'll be able to replace Gonchar when they have to.

But yeah, take away Lidstrom and the Wings don't win four Cups.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I was happy to watch the wings players skate around with the Cup...

(I sure hope the Pens can keep Hossa!)
I am always happy to see the Cup skated...brings tears to my eyes every time.

My Hawks are going to take a run at Hossa I beleive. He would go well with Marty Havlat.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Kingbee - you aren't a Blue Jackets fan? ;)
Blue Jackets? Is that a team? :)

Been a Pens fan since I was a little kid playing street hockey. I was distraught when there were talks of the Pens team moving. I thought I was going to have to be a Blue Jackets fan. :rant: