Quantcast

nicolai c##k-up

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
also worth pointing out. I'm not here for rep'ing. Mater of a fact is that I could'nt care less about what So-Cal'ers ride. I just felt someone needed to correct some misguided feelings

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
BMXman said:
far as the cracked shock mount...I spoke to Karl directly about it and he said one of his guys tried to force a shock in there that was too wide...thus the frame was cracked....
Ok,
but it's important to understand that this fault should have never made it to the customer. The US should still overlook all frames incoming to detect faults from shipping, and this factory flaw would have been noticed. Also, you realy think Nicolai is the only company to make a small mistake? Dude :nope: So big deal if a customer never gets it.

BMXman said:
and as far a comparing Nicolai to BMW or any other car company for that matter is silly. There is a lot more work in building up a custom car order than welding together a MTB frame.
Silly? Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyone for that matter. BMW has many R'nD workers, and thousands of man hours behind R'n'D to develop the entire car. However, if you take a small segment, say the front suspension design, and isolate it, you could say that a bike has just about as much work behind it as that part, and cost is basicly on the same ratio, especialy since we're talking custom frame sizing. So the comparison stands. Mater of a fact, bikes involve alot of R'nD to make it right, and quality transends beyond the mass or amount of material you have on any given product. Ever wonder why a IKEA couch costs less than something from VITRA?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
atrokz you seem to have a book of excuses....and being a distributor has definitely clouded your view on things....Don't get me wrong when I was on Nicolai I really loved the bikes...but many people had problems with the distributor and it was know on both continents and was still allowed ot go on. I am now thinking about selling my 2MXTB because I can't even get a simple derailleur hanger for it.

How sensible is that?...but I really have no choice unless I turn it into a single speed. I ordered one form the former US distributor an then from the new US Dist. and still nothing...that was more than a month ago. Maybe I should order it through you since you seem like you would at least try to get me one....D

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
BMXman said:
atrokz you seem to have a book of excuses....and being a distributor has definitely clouded your view on things....Don't get me wrong when I was on Nicolai I really loved the bikes...but many people had problems with the distributor and it was know on both continents and was still allowed ot go on. I am now thinking about selling my 2MXTB because I can't even get a simple derailleur hanger for it.

How sensible is that?...but I really have no choice unless I turn it into a single speed. I ordered one form the former US distributor an then from the new US Dist. and still nothing...that was more than a month ago. Maybe I should order it through you since you seem like you would at least try to get me one....D
Alright, whatever, it's getting boring now.

I'm not a distributor right now, and I've been off of Nicolai buisness for a while, as school is keeping me busy. However, I just saw a whole lot of harsh feelings from you and alot of them were realy misguided. Karl has a US distributor, and if you want a part, he expects you to go to that distributor. If you feel there are problems with that process, write a good honest letter directly to Karl to explain your problems and I know for certain that the right lanuage will get you your part, and solve any problems. It's unfortunate that some people and some instances has clouded an otherwise awsome companys reputation. I know Nicolai has a great product. All they need is some good American buisness sense to bring a boatload of good CS over here. It's a realy hard job though, and financialy it's tough, so it becomes a job to just keep a group riding. Which is why i got into it for the first place.

Also, I have a frame and some parts coming in before the year is up, ask Karl to throw in a hanger and I'll ship it to you free of charge. (you might want to order a few though ;) ).

Cheers,
a