Quantcast

Northstar Races

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Saturday or Friday?

Saturday around eleven. Friday around noon. No riding on Sunday, the quasi new girlfriend person who lets me sleep in her bed type thing has sequestered me for that day.
We'll be up there before the gondola opens on Saturday. Look for us on the trails.

I'll be the only guy on a Zumbi, and my buddy Grant will be there with us on his graffitied Turner DHR.

rockbike

Monkey
Nov 9, 2004
south lake tahoe
Yeah, Josh's slabs wreck was pretty gnarly. I thought he was going to get launched into one of the trees for sure but he managed to land just short of em. Total mojo killer, bummer.

My hands and lungs are definitely no longer in shape for northstar. I gotta go figure out how to get my arm pump muscles in better shape before the Gypsy race, there's just not enough gnarly-ness around the bay area to prepare you for a long weekend at northstar.

That said, I had an awesome time! I missed that place so much over the winter and it was just as fun as I remembered it.
Take up rock climbing to eliminate unwanted arm pump. I climbed five days a week for five years before I started riding and I have never gotten arm pump on my bike.:boss:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Take up rock climbing to eliminate unwanted arm pump. I climbed five days a week for five years before I started riding and I have never gotten arm pump on my bike.:boss:
Yeah, I was climbing at a local rock gym for a while but I got a little lazy. Come to think of it, the pain in my hands WAS the same between the two! :D