Quantcast

~<o>~NoHikeTuesday~<o>~

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
How is quarantining yourself to the laundry room going to help resolve fork travel issues though?
I'll get around to it at some point. Maybe.

Probably better for shop thread, but this Ohlins fork I have uses a separate air chamber for bottoming/progressivity (not unlike some old Bombers) and it's the bee's knees. I don't want to ever go back to spacers to reduce volume.
As it should be.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
And I tweaked my back or something putting on deodorant this morning.

WHATS NEXT?
you'll shit your pants when you sneeze
hair growing out of your ears
that place is next to Come by Chance... maybe not a coincidence?!

Canada Day festivities put on a good show yesterday:

1719930569319.png

these fuckers were LOUD!
1719930597505.png

tight....
1719930659924.png

from my front door...
1719930691461.png

100 yards from my front door...
1719930837120.png

1719930895042.png

by the end of the show, the air was getting pretty thick with smoke:
1719931015383.png

this is outside my front door:
1719931053131.png

we didn't think of closing our windows, so went to sleep with the sweet smell of barium and copper dancing in our throats...! Seems to have cleared out by this morning despite barely any wind.

kids enjoyed the show, that's the main thing!

edited to add:
I thought Canada only had F-18s... but these aren't them. Are these the F-35s?
1719931502633.png

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
theres a couple options depending on what fork you have. maybe not a volume reducer, but adding a second positive air spring.
@Full Trucker i have a DSD runt for one of my 36's that i've been meaning to install. because it's a slightly older model than DSD officially supports i needed the MRP fulfill adapter to remove the neg spring autoadjuster.

personally i would take a second air spring over volume reducers any day. it takes more work to get set up / adjusted properly, but the end result is worth it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
@Full Trucker i have a DSD runt for one of my 36's that i've been meaning to install. because it's a slightly older model than DSD officially supports i needed the MRP fulfill adapter to remove the neg spring autoadjuster.

personally i would take a second air spring over volume reducers any day. it takes more work to get set up / adjusted properly, but the end result is worth it.
Whats the full list of options that exist for said second air springs? I've got a Fox 34 that could use some help.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
hair growing out of your ears

that place is next to Come by Chance... maybe not a coincidence?!

Canada Day festivities put on a good show yesterday:

View attachment 214235

these fuckers were LOUD!
View attachment 214236

tight....
View attachment 214237

from my front door...
View attachment 214238

100 yards from my front door...
View attachment 214239

View attachment 214240

by the end of the show, the air was getting pretty thick with smoke:
View attachment 214241

this is outside my front door:
View attachment 214242

we didn't think of closing our windows, so went to sleep with the sweet smell of barium and copper dancing in our throats...! Seems to have cleared out by this morning despite barely any wind.

kids enjoyed the show, that's the main thing!

edited to add:
I thought Canada only had F-18s... but these aren't them. Are these the F-35s?
View attachment 214243
Yeah we do or will.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Whats the full list of options that exist for said second air springs? I've got a Fox 34 that could use some help.
DSD Runt is the only aftermarket one i can think of offhand that has versions for multiple brands. might be 1 other one? manitou IRT only works with their forks. MRP ramp control isn't an air spring.

what model and year 34 do you have? https://diazsuspensiondesign.com/shop/the-runt-pre-order worth noting the runt is travel specific for a given model fork.

the vorspring secus is for the negative air chamber, it isn't a second positive air spring.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
IMG_3465.jpeg

Tied up some tuna leaders, figure if I get ahead of them now it wont be a big job in a week or so.

Got boat insurance down to less than 40 a month with a towing policy anywhere in the US 50.

Having issues with the power scenario in this rental in order to run the welders, may have to do a 50 amp drop at the panel.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
howdy all

commuter bike rebuilt as a 29er rides nicely. inaugural trip to the hospital today. haven't been here in a while between vacation and all.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
✅ New 31.8 bars and stem installed, bars cut to 780 instead of previous 800 width for a little more tight space clearance.
✅ Rotated controls down a bit to reduce wrist backbend both seated and standing.
✅ Took the last volume spacer out of the fork.
✅ Reset fork settings to what was working before because Fox default settings weren’t great.

We’ll see how this goes.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Hello folks. Another busy work day. Our phones went down for half of yesterday, which I didn't need. I also had a mental stutter while talking to someone about stock comp and somehow the output was equi-cock-stomp-ity blending equity and stock comp into one mangled word. That was a funny hiccup... She still wants to meet though, so that's good.
This is how the Olds bond and flirt. Be careful!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yeah we do or will.

Fake News confirms it was:
1719941715763.png

our tax dollars hard at work... ;-D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Team training camp next week got cancelled. The track owner was "being difficult", so they weren't able to get the track reserved. Those were going to be Haley's main track days between the last race and next race. This is not a good combo.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Team training camp next week got cancelled. The track owner was "being difficult", so they weren't able to get the track reserved. Those were going to be Haley's main track days between the last race and next race. This is not a good combo.
sounds like the track owner is gonna get stabbed

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I’m back. 3 weeks in the US. Driving to TN Friday.
thought of you as i drove past devil's backbone the other day
actually a lot of good riding there...trail systems around knoxville and johnson city and, of course, WINDROCK.

made older son wipe down pop's porch railings and mop it; younger son scraped the garage door and has to paint it tomorrow. took younger son into town where we bought paint...and also a fair amount of fireworks. when we got home he promptly smuggled a roman candle off to his friends' house thinking i didn't notice. lil fucker...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just got to download a new parent info about trusts and college savings plans. I was far too excited and enjoyed that call far too much. Part of me is starting to think that I might be mildly autistic in addition to ADHD. And given that my dad is driving the Asperger's bus... Dammit.