Quantcast

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Do you folk actually believe the stuff you write on here? It is really hilarious to read how naïve, ill informed and clueless y’all are.

Ask yourself…How many of these protestors who are advocating higher taxes for everyone else actually paid any Federal income taxes last year?
As in students, the unemployed and the working poor? None.
That's the whole point of a progressive tax code.

Last edited:

clarkenstein

Monkey
Nov 28, 2008
Do you folk actually believe the stuff you write on here? It is really hilarious to read how naïve, ill informed and clueless y’all are.

Ask yourself…How many of these protestors who are advocating higher taxes for everyone else actually paid any Federal income taxes last year?
don't worry, i speak rube. how many of them paid taxes? all of them, as long as they didn't steal everything they have ever gotten. ya know, that sales tax thing...

now if y'all are talkin' federal income tax... who knows. i would assume most, not all. why do you have proof that a large majority haven't paid income tax? or are you just sitting behind a wall of unproven lies to make the situation more comfortable to you? because i'm pretty sure the members of the teacher's union and the labor union who joined the protest paid their taxes.

unless you're a billionaire, you should probably be paying closer attention to it and listening to it instead of just tuning it all out.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Twenty years in service, and I have yet to meet a kid who was forced into service by a judge. Now, I am sure there are a few who went in front of a judge AFTER leaving service, but before, no. We are pickier than that...

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
As in students, the unemployed and the working poor? None.
Perhaps the 53% of us that pay income taxes are getting a little fed up with the 47% that pay ZERO income tax.

Just sayin'

link

Exactly how can you ask with a straight face that the most productive most prosperous citizens to pay more when we have half of the population paying nothing?

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Perhaps the 53% of us that pay income taxes are getting a little fed up with the 47% that pay ZERO income tax.

Just sayin'

link

Exactly how can you ask with a straight face that the most productive most prosperous citizens to pay more when we have half of the population paying nothing?
I have no idea how much money you bring home dude- and I don't see how that measure would factor into "productivity".
You're going to look me in the face and tell me that you are more "productive" than a middle-school teacher?

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Have you ever looked at an aquarium and watched the little bottom sucker swimming around on the bottom? Imagine this, if you filled the aquarium half full of rocks to pick those on the bottom up, in the end that little bottom sucker is still going to be swimming on the bottom. These people that want something for nothing are on the bottom and will stay on the bottom because they are too lazy to swim to the top and look for something better.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Have you ever looked at an aquarium and watched the little bottom sucker swimming around on the bottom? Imagine this, if you filled the aquarium half full of rocks to pick those on the bottom up, in the end that little bottom sucker is still going to be swimming on the bottom. These people that want something for nothing are on the bottom and will stay on the bottom because they are too lazy to swim to the top and look for something better.
N8, is that you? :rofl:

Look everyone! A troll!

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Liberals' dirty little secret: They can't protest at town hall meetings and in front of their elected representatives because they all voted for this mess in 2008.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
For the record, Hello Kitty is not me. I realize that the connection between me being a Texans fan in my title, being from the south and having conservative leanings (different than being republican) would lead some of you to believe i've created an alter ego. No, but if I did, it'd probably be more of a Batman theme.

clarkenstein

Monkey
Nov 28, 2008
At 9.1%, the unemployment rate is 1.8 percentage points higher today than when Obama took office.

There are 4 million fewer U.S. jobs than there were in January 2009.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

And...how is this still Bushs fault exactly?
i don't think one person said "it's Bush's fault". it's a lot of people's fault - Bush included. Obama too. but the president maybe has a 2% bearing on the overall sheet-storm we're in. Bush had a lot of policies (such as incurring insane amounts of debt and paying for wars through direct borrowing keeping them 'off the books') that contributed to the current state of the US budget. Obama didn't help the problem. He reacted too late and also contributed to the already mounting debt.

but that's just one piece of the puzzle.

is the 1.8% increase in unemployment Obama's fault?

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
For the record, Hello Kitty is not me. I realize that the connection between me being a Texans fan in my title, being from the south and having conservative leanings (different than being republican) would lead some of you to believe i've created an alter ego. No, but if I did, it'd probably be more of a Batman theme.
You needn't worry about it. You have a track record of being able to form an independent thought. I would never confuse you with the pablum spewers.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
For the record, Hello Kitty is not me.
Well for the record I don?t normally troll political forums (I was bored today) it tends to lower ones IQ reading the topics from the can't think for themselves, easily led and gullible leftists that seem to infect these types of forums.

However it is fun to kick the ant pile from time to time and see them scatter. You can only argue with idiots for so long then it get tedious like dealing with spoiled immature children that?s when I?ll skedaddle.

So in the meantime rock out to sum Black Cobra!

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Well for the record I don’t normally troll political forums (I was bored today) it tends to lower ones IQ reading the topics from the can't think for themselves, easily led and gullible leftists that seem to infect these types of forums.

However it is fun to kick the ant pile from time to time and see them scatter. You can only argue with idiots for so long then it get tedious like dealing with spoiled immature children that’s when I’ll skedaddle.
Well THANK THE FSM you've shown up to show us the error of our ways. Really all I needed was someone as bright and insightful as you to turn me around and save me from my delusional liberal fantasy land with your well thought out, articulate arguments. From now on I'll only watch Fox news and read Drudge.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
is the 1.8% increase in unemployment Obama's fault?
His policies sure have attributed to it and just to get personal down here in the gulf coast he finally lifted the drilling moratorium in the Gulf of Mexico but the permits and jobs are just not coming back. Many of those offshore rigs were towed to the south American and African coasts and never coming back therefore less producing rigs equal less production and less jobs.
In a nutshell Obama has blocked job growth by.

Overregulation

Obamacare

Big Spending and Runaway Deficits

Pro-Union, Anti-Business Policies

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Really all I needed was someone as bright and insightful as you to turn me around and save me from my delusional liberal fantasy land.
Don’t flatter yourself I’m not here to change anyone’s opinion someday you too will grow up and see the error in your ways and start thinking like a rational adult, till that time I’ll enjoy pointing out liberal hypocrisy and watch you fail at trying to justify your opinion with facts, truth, reason and logic.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

I highly doubt you took home as much as I did last year. I can say with a straight face that those making as much as me need to pay higher taxes.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Don’t flatter yourself I’m not here to change anyone’s opinion someday you too will grow up and see the error in your ways and start thinking like a rational adult, till that time I’ll enjoy pointing out liberal hypocrisy and watch you fail at trying to justify your opinion with facts, truth, reason and logic.
:rofl: Your our first frother in a while. Thanks for the laughs.

*edit: Joker, check your PM's. Subie parts question.

Last edited:

Drbob31

Chimp
Sep 28, 2011
I can say, definitively, that I need to pay less taxes. I make just-above-poverty-line money as a self employed person. And my buying habits are definitely affected by the giant check I have to write the IRS at the end of every tax year.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What exactly is stopping you from writing out a check to the government?
Necessity. I don't have to, so I don't. Then again, the cost of living from where I was living was equivalent to only $120k in Houston.

If I was making the same dollar amount there, I should definintely have been paying more. The fact stands, you and I pay more as a percentage of our income than someone who is making more than $1mm/year. Adding $10-20k in taxes isn't going to hurt someone making $1mm as much as $300 to someone making $30k.

If you bumped my rate 5%, would I have bitched? Hell yeah. Would I have paid it? Yes. Would I have spent more than that 5% increase to 'influence' politicians who are also being effected by the tax increase? No.

The tax rate needs to be simpler. The easy solution is to close loopholes, not by adding any flat tax, etc.

Then again, eliminating the Republican and Bush initiated wars would save some serious coin too...

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Necessity. I don't have to, so I don't...
Then I suggest you don't tell me that I need to pay more.

Talk is cheap actions speak louder than words if you or any other millionare hollywood liberal thinks thinks that the tax code is somehow unfair then write the damn check out and lead by example!

Then again, eliminating the Republican and Bush initiated wars would save some serious coin too...
I coulda swore Obama was gonna bring the troops home and close gitmo now we are in three wars Iraq, Afghanistan and Lybia so save me the "Bush Wars" rhetoric.

I have no earthly idea why we are still in those third world ****holes wasting our national treasure on a bunch of 7th century throwbacks who hate us regardless.

Bring our troops home now.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
No I think we know that even if you disagree with someone here, you're not dumb enough to LITERALLY quote hannity and limbaugh while at the same time call someone else a mindless regurgitator :rofl:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Then I suggest you don't tell me that I need to pay more.

Talk is cheap actions speak louder than words if you or any other millionare hollywood liberal thinks thinks that the tax code is somehow unfair then write the damn check out and lead by example!
Unless you're clocking over 250k, this wouldnt even impact you. Even then, I still stand that the mark should be $1mm of income (including investment returns).

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Unless you're clocking over 250k, this wouldnt even impact you.
Well it does impact me and others I associate with besides there is no $250,000 tax rate schedule that’s some number Obama pulled out of his ass the 2011 tax rate schedule is posted below I’m in the 33% and my wife is in the 28% we are not “rich” or “wealthy” by any means so this misnomer that anyone making over $250K is “rich” is laughable at best.

Single Filing Status
[Tax Rate Schedule X, Internal Revenue Code section 1(c)]
•10% on taxable income from $0 to $8,500, plus
•15% on taxable income over $8,500 to $34,500, plus
•25% on taxable income over $34,500 to $83,600, plus
•28% on taxable income over $83,600 to $174,400, plus
•33% on taxable income over $174,400 to $379,150, plus
•35% on taxable income over $379,150.

We do not have a revenue problem in this country the problem is SPENDING no matter how high you raise taxes Washington will find a way to spend all of it. Quit trying to find the boogey man in corporate America the place these Wall Street protestors need to be is camped out at the U.S. capitol and the Whitehouse demanding some fiscal responsibility and not some entitlement program handout.

Why exactly should we punish the most productive and gifted of our society and reward the least productive and lazy of our society?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well it does impact me and others I associate with besides there is no $250,000 tax rate schedule that’s some number Obama pulled out of his ass the 2011 tax rate schedule is posted below I’m in the 33% and my wife is in the 28% we are not “rich” or “wealthy” by any means so this misnomer that anyone making over $250K is “rich” is laughable at best.

Single Filing Status
[Tax Rate Schedule X, Internal Revenue Code section 1(c)]
•10% on taxable income from $0 to $8,500, plus
•15% on taxable income over $8,500 to $34,500, plus
•25% on taxable income over $34,500 to $83,600, plus
•28% on taxable income over $83,600 to $174,400, plus
•33% on taxable income over $174,400 to $379,150, plus
•35% on taxable income over $379,150.

We do not have a revenue problem in this country the problem is SPENDING no matter how high you raise taxes Washington will find a way to spend all of it. Quit trying to find the boogey man in corporate America the place these Wall Street protestors need to be is camped out at the U.S. capitol and the Whitehouse demanding some fiscal responsibility and not some entitlement program handout.

Why exactly should we punish the most productive and gifted of our society and reward the least productive and lazy of our society?
I was referring to the new tax for those over $250k, as "rich". And if you are making at least $258k, especially in Houston, you are well beyond comfortable. Making what you make there would clock you at ~$500k CoL adjusted for the coasts (SF, NY, LA, SEA, DC).
As I mentioned, the new tax laws should call on those making >$1mm.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Judges use judiciary sentencing around here quite a bit as far as I can tell. I know handfuls of these kids, and I believe them, if not in letter, certainly in spirit this stuff still happens in one way or another.
They can try and use it all they want but the military quit accepting those cases years ago. I have seen one case where the courts agreed to drop the charges so that the kid could join but he was already in the process when he got in trouble.
A person can't even join with an open criminal or civil case these days.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I guess you didn't click on the first link I provided eh?

Here is another one...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Nearly-half-of-US-households-apf-1105567323.html?x=0&.v=1

Some of us choose to live in realityville I guess your view dosen't change much when your head is up your ass all the time

I suggest you start backing up your drivel and nonsense with some facts or just shut up.
It's a pretty clear fact that you're the heritage foundation's dream come true.

I didn't say that what you stated was untrue. What I pointed out was your idiotic assumption based on those numbers. Because only a moron doesn't realize that those numbers deal only with FICA and that the vast majority of people falling into a 'zero' tax bracket are broke as shlt and have much less to spare percentage-wise than someone wealthy.

There's also that little bit in the other thread about democrats hindering the civil rights movement when it was a democrat who signed the legislation and directly caused the dixiecrat racist fvcks to switch parties right after that little event. It's not your 'facts' it's your obtuse interpretation of them. The same obtuse intepretation that your favorite radio and fox news hacks like to tote out to mislead good patriots like yourself.

But let's put this a different way. What has say.......rush limbaugh come up with in the last few years that you disagree with. I assume you're familiar with his work.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
You're too fvcking dumb to even realize it.
Here I’ll give you leftists some tips on political discussions going forward.

When you answer someone by calling them names insulting them or answering back a question with a question or silly straw man arguments, it proves three things.

1.You have lost any and all credibility going forward.
2.You are not as smart as you think you are.
3.You have no rational argument of your own to reply with.

I suggest going forward that you bring some facts to the table next time before you hit the submit reply button.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
I was referring to the new tax for those over $250k, as "rich". And if you are making at least $258k, especially in Houston, you are well beyond comfortable.
Here is the part you somehow keep forgetting.

It’s my money I EARNED it is not the governments to confiscate and redistribute to a bunch of entitlement parasites that refuse to take any personal responsibility or to attempt to better themselves.

Exactly how is it “fair” that I now have to bail out a bunch of losers who took out loans for houses they knew they never could afford and now are facing foreclosure and eviction when my wife and I had to scrape by save and do without so we could put a sizable down payment on a house that we could afford and currently OWN and now we are the ones being punished with the threat of higher taxes?

What universe do you live in where you think it is justifiable that because I’m “comfortable” (your words not mine) due to my own hard work and effort that I should bail out the losers of society by paying higher taxes?

I suggest you revisit Aesop fable...

The Ant and the Grasshopper

In a field one summer's day a grasshopper was hopping about, chirping and singing to its heart's content. A group of ants walked by, grunting as they struggled to carry plump kernels of corn."Where are you going with those heavy things?" asked the grasshopper. Without stopping, the first ant replied, "To our ant hill. This is the third kernel I've delivered today." "Why not come and sing with me," teased the grasshopper, "instead of working so hard?" “We are helping to store food for the winter," said the ant, "and think you should do the same."

"Winter is far away and it is a glorious day to play," sang the grasshopper. But the ants went on their way and continued their hard work. The weather soon turned cold. All the food lying in the field was covered with a thick white blanket of snow that even the grasshopper could not dig through. Soon the grasshopper found itself dying of hunger.He staggered to the ants' hill and saw them handing out corn from the stores they had collected in the summer. He begged them for something to eat.

"What!" cried the ants in surprise, "haven't you stored anything away for the winter? What in the world were you doing all last summer?""I didn't have time to store any food," complained the grasshopper; "I was so busy playing music that before I knew it the summer was gone." The ants shook their heads in disgust, turned their backs on the grasshopper and went on with their work.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Here is the part you somehow keep forgetting.

It’s my money I EARNED it is not the governments to confiscate and redistribute to a bunch of entitlement parasites that refuse to take any personal responsibility or to attempt to better themselves.
fable...
Well, as for the taxes that you do pay that the government "confiscates" to "redistribute", as a military retiree that served you for over 24 years, I do appreciate that money that I get every month for my retirement.

Wait, you did know that the government distributes that tax money to other "losers" like me, JohnE, manimal and other vets, not just crack whores, right?

As Dante will post here shortly, you hate taxes and big government, but you'll damn sure use that medicare and social security one day won't you?