Quantcast

Official Spring Shuttler Day....P.A. Style!

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Whatever happend to the Race in PA? I was there in 2005 When Jill Kitner raced the mens 4X. I crashed on the downhill practice day and broke my hand, knocking me out of racing on Sunday.

tuckya'in

Chimp
Feb 15, 2005
port angeles
Everyone will need to sign a waiver to protect the landowners, as I'm sure you expected. However, if you are under 18, an your parent or guardian will have to sign. If you contact us, I believe we can mail one to you to have signed ahead of time. E-mail us with you're mailing address to olympicdirtsociety@yahoo.com.
Thanks
Scott

LIPS

Chimp
Jul 19, 2005
Portland
This past weekend I got to check out PA for the first time. We hiked up and only got to ride Limbo and white knuckles, but we had a blast. We stopped and talked to Casey on the way down White knuckles. Looks like he and the group he was with where cutting a new trail right next to W.K. Looks like it'll be lots of fun! Can't wait to come up again. Unfortunately I wont be able to make this event, but maybe the next one. Tom

tuckya'in

Chimp
Feb 15, 2005
port angeles
We will have the gate open and be working up there most of Saturday. There will undoubtedly be some "flow-checking" and "truck driver training" going on as well.

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
What time are y'alls going to be out there in the morning for work on Saturday? Some of us are going to try and catch the first ferry over. Was hoping to get a couple of hours of work in and then hit up Joyce.

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
There should be atleast 5 of us in the morning to do to some work Sturday. How is Joyce right now?

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
just got my waiver in the mail yesterday- we'll try to get there at 8 saturday morning although it is going to be a long drive

cm16white

Monkey
Apr 16, 2006
shoreline
as dirt mover aka pip said we will be over on the first ferry sat, we got our room @ redlion great deal also i am going to try and bring over a few helmet cam set ups to play with.scott give me a call sometime in the next week or so.

Jun 18, 2004
as dirt mover aka pip said we will be over on the first ferry sat, we got our room @ redlion great deal also i am going to try and bring over a few helmet cam set ups to play with.scott give me a call sometime in the next week or so.
So who's in your room?... Are you doing both days?... Call me Casey... we could use my truck on Sat if Miguel isn't out there...

Jun 18, 2004
What time are y'alls going to be out there in the morning for work on Saturday? Some of us are going to try and catch the first ferry over. Was hoping to get a couple of hours of work in and then hit up Joyce.
I want to ride Joyce... last time my bike had a diff fork on it...

cm16white

Monkey
Apr 16, 2006
shoreline
pip other mike andy and me in our room miguel and arnold in another room my gf is thinking she might want to go if that is the case there will be an opening w pip. miguel is going over sat morning but i don't think he is taking his truck. i talked to scott tonight and told him that i would help on the trails for a couple of hrs sat then we are going to ride joyce.mike what day are you going over and how many people are you bringing?

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Last time they had the waivers at the course. Just the typical waiver confirming that you accept the risks involved with DHing...

Jun 18, 2004
The insurance company is going to love you long time!
$200.00 a month for insurance? or is it more
It's an '05 wagon so only up $40... w/b paying $280 to ins. '89 Comanche, WRX, Rental Ins/4 bikes... USAA is my friend!...

Once I buy a place about another $150 will go on that...

I would rather have an Evo 8/MR than an STI... more hp for the buck...
but I like hatchbacks so that's what I bought... did you ever see my Matrix XRS Chris?

cm16white

Monkey
Apr 16, 2006
shoreline
very nice do you have any drive train parts around your house mike i need a good chain and casstte also a 30.9 seatpost and seat to finish my m1

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I have a 30.9 seatpost lying around from my bighit, its a Specialized seat with a cut down truvativ hussefelt post.

Jun 18, 2004
very nice do you have any drive train parts around your house mike i need a good chain and casstte also a 30.9 seatpost and seat to finish my m1
I have some bits... check w/Kris then Pm me... Were derailing this thread too much... let's stick to the Pm's

tuckya'in

Chimp
Feb 15, 2005
port angeles
Waivers will be available at the event but if you're under 18, it must be signed by a parent or guardian. You can go to the blog for a copy, I just put it up today:
www.olympicdirtsociety.blogspot.com
Also, it wouldn't have anything to do with club. We will have more info on the club joining opportunities soon. Our initial thoughts are that all that will be required to be a member is to be on a list and be an IMBA card holding member. I thinks it's $25 /year to be a member, but other than that the club will be free. We're going to pay for club expenses (insurance, banking, various stuff) with proceeds from the events.