Quantcast

Oh Memories............

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Although I never joined in I still have the video of one of the urban rides. I really like the music and the riding was cool. I think Corey made it, not sure. I'll have to check it out again.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
Westy said:
Although I never joined in I still have the video of one of the urban rides. I really like the music and the riding was cool. I think Corey made it, not sure. I'll have to check it out again.
probably this one:
http://www.dcstreet.com/video/dcstreet313.wmv

yeah, those were good times. that's a pretty nostalgic video for me. i was hoping to maybe get a bi-monthly thursday ride going again once it warms up for good. we'll see...

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
corey_dcstreet said:
i was hoping to maybe get a bi-monthly thursday ride going again once it warms up for good. we'll see...
That could be cool. It was supa-nice out last night once the clouds cleared. Hopefully we're there or merely weeks from the end of cold.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
sirknight6 said:
What ever happened to Dan?
there was a dan sighting about a month ago... we all got trashed and people crashed on my apartment floor (just a typical night in AM).

there was also a BEN sighting recently :eek:

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
ahhh, the memories...

late nights in AM:

the sights at the US Open last year:

camping:

it burns my eyes...

mmmm... cheese:

camping at the US Open (click for movie courtesy of corey):
Team XXL Camping

495 DJing:

and last, but not least... a poor stiff:

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
BigMike said:
BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!! STEVE GOT PW0NED!
Aren't I too young to be saying "ahh the memories" and, "I miss the good old days"?
compared to steve... we are all too young to be saying the good ol' days! i have better pics, but i'll be nice to the poor old guy. :devil:

and yes FES, i agree that there needs to be a mood change in this place...

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Nice change of pace here folks. :thumb:

Since we're taking a stroll down memory lane, let's see who can remember these...

Here's to more mayhem in 2006! :cool:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
sirknight6 said:
Damn Mike, I knew you knew Jason...

God those were the days...

Man I miss him after he moved. I sold his house for him.
Yeah, Jason was good people.

That was when he was teaching me how you are supposed to treat a woman :eek: :D

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
BigMike said:
where people got on here to ride bikes, hang out, and have fun.
that's weird...

seems like to me people are usually on here racking up their 1,000+ post counts TALKING about riding bikes, not actually riding them in the literal sense of the phrase.

maybe we should go back to how it was before when people went out and rode their f-ing bikes for the FUN of it; not to tell their dumb@ss stories on an internet message board,post pictures of their trails (because however surprising this may be, the majority of trails in VA are only cool to the people who build them! WOW!), and rant on about incredibly pointless topics that have *gasp* NOTHING TO DO with riding bikes!

i'm sure many of you know me either from riding experiences or prior screen names here, but after looking around for the first time in a few months i can finally see how pathetic it looks to an outsider. there are no people coming to read this forum and WANTING to join except for the 15 year old kids who relate to the bloody-vagina bitching that has consumed it.

had to get that off my chest. grow some balls, act your age, and ride your fuggin' BIKES!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
yes, I would have to agree. Playing referee to folks who bitch and complain sucks. We used to use this board for...(*****drum roll please*****)Biking!

What was even nicer was the fact it was XC, DH or any combination thereof.

Someone made the observation that it is typically the newer folks who tend to clutter up the board with incessant whining. Now that's not all of them, but a valid fact non-the-less.

This board is liable to simply disappear one day.

How are the team XXL folks anyway? crap, I miss most of those folks, and many of the ones in the pic?

Anyone heard from Mrbigisbudgood?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
VaNIlLin81 said:
If you would like the teens to leave this forum, all you have to do is ask.
Dude, why are you taking it personal? No one mentioned you, and as a matter of fact, it was more in reference to past or ex members.

Reactions like yours is what fuels the generalizations.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
dude man. I like, totally like . . . can't beleive you people would like . . .expect me to talk about riding or something..... uuuhhhhh.
Like, what's that all about yo. I'm like, so not feeling that vibe dude.
I like totally just want to know what Cam Zink was wearing yesterday.
O my Gawd! Did anyone hear the latest about 50 cent? . .. . . ...

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
AlmostHeaven said:
that's weird...

seems like to me people are usually on here racking up their 1,000+ post counts TALKING about riding bikes, not actually riding them in the literal sense of the phrase.

maybe we should go back to how it was before when people went out and rode their f-ing bikes for the FUN of it; not to tell their dumb@ss stories on an internet message board,post pictures of their trails (because however surprising this may be, the majority of trails in VA are only cool to the people who build them! WOW!), and rant on about incredibly pointless topics that have *gasp* NOTHING TO DO with riding bikes!

i'm sure many of you know me either from riding experiences or prior screen names here, but after looking around for the first time in a few months i can finally see how pathetic it looks to an outsider. there are no people coming to read this forum and WANTING to join except for the 15 year old kids who relate to the bloody-vagina bitching that has consumed it.

had to get that off my chest. grow some balls, act your age, and ride your fuggin' BIKES!
Sam
Thats some funny sh*t coming from you. You used to be one of the worst on here.
How you been? Hope to see you soon and do some riding at SS. Maybe eat some cookies.
Dennis

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
denjen said:
Sam
Thats some funny sh*t coming from you. You used to be one of the worst on here.
:rofl: Oh Snap!

;)

There are many of us who ride almost daily and post while we are at work day dreaming about riding. It's almost all I think about at least. :cool:

Actually, it seems like there is more whinning about people whinning, than there is whinning about anything else these days. It's just a tad ironic eh?