Quantcast

oh my god ted, it's monday

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Day 1 of 3 for on-site visits. I spent a bunch of yesterday sitting at the mall prepping for my interview, while Haley wandered around with one of her friends. Otherwise, meh.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I was up at 5:00 for a seven mile run. 30-40 mph wind beat the crap out of me. I'm glad that's done!

ETA: I got home from my run and the wind had knocked over the recycling bin and there was shit all over my yard. Bah!!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

I have been derelict with my vehicle maintenance and now must pay for my inaction. I must:

- rotate tires
- change fuel filters
- change differential oil
- change transfer case oil
- oil change
- change CCV filter
- change serpentine & accessory belts
- Change transmission fluid (x2)

I predict not much fun shall be had.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Monday before sprint kickoff, so time to wrap up all the shit I didn't get done last sprint. We are now doing "all hands" sprint kickoffs, so that's always fun. Jackass can't make it due to reasons and I'm not even mad.

Kick Monday in the nuts before it kicks you, or something.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Not sure, but it didn't feel great waking up this morning. I'll blame it on the time change.

Had some weird dreams last night. Including one, where I was living in a room made out of plywood. I got up and pissed all over the place; I then woke up, sadly.

Anyways, work.

I have been derelict with my vehicle maintenance and now must pay for my inaction. I must:

- rotate tires
- change fuel filters
- change differential oil
- change transfer case oil
- oil change
- change CCV filter
- change serpentine & accessory belts
- Change transmission fluid (x2)

I predict not much fun shall be had.
I need to change the transmission fluid on the VW. At first I thought, hey maybe I'll do it myself if there is no tom foolery.

But the tom foolery required... One needs a vw diagnostic tool (or possibly odbc reader, didn't look into it too deeply, to get fluid temp). But the other part is that you're supposed to fill it, let the engine run until the temp hits xx level and then recheck the fill/drain port; if oil is pooring out, you fucked up. If its trickling out, its correct. What kind of procedure is that? :rofl:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Not sure, but it didn't feel great waking up this morning. I'll blame it on the time change.

Had some weird dreams last night. Including one, where I was living in a room made out of plywood. I got up and pissed all over the place; I then woke up, sadly.

Anyways, work.

I need to change the transmission fluid on the VW. At first I thought, hey maybe I'll do it myself if there is no tom foolery.

But the tom foolery required... One needs a vw diagnostic tool (or possibly odbc reader, didn't look into it too deeply, to get fluid temp). But the other part is that you're supposed to fill it, let the engine run until the temp hits xx level and then recheck the fill/drain port; if oil is pooring out, you fucked up. If its trickling out, its correct. What kind of procedure is that? :rofl:
My old Tacoma was like that, so is the wife's Mazda. Fill level has to be checked at a very specific temp, either through a port on the transmission or through the dipstick tube.

On the truck, you are either doing the 7 qt "service fill" where you capture 7/17 qts from the pan/filters, or you pull a line and pump the system dry to get the extra 10 qts in the torque converter for a true flush.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Haven't seen my brother outside of funerals for 15 years so got suckered into meeting him in Vail. I can see why Kidwoo is so angry, if these people showed up where I lived I would be too. Plenty of people who saw Dumb and Dumber as a fashion film.

IMG_20240311_073408.jpg

Also lots of Texans

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I had fresh trout nd rice for dinner. muy bueno. Two days of kayak fishing and I am sore all over but it was worth it. Ruth got a flat on her way to the office so after she put on the doughnut she came back home. tire shop and wfh for her.

off to wheel chair hell I go

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
There also seems to be a lot of wealthy South Americans doing it for the 'gram.
Winter Park has a more normal-people vibe than the Epic places, in my experience. more "I'm here for the week from St. Louis with my family" instead of "I'm here for the month from Brazil"

/me is wfh today. was going to wfh due to the schedule anyway, and then my Baby Aya developed a puking illness overnight. now she's showered clean and soaking happily in the bathtub with duckies and the like

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Here to report that spring skiing in Steamboat is still fun. But spring seems to start earlier every year, which is... less than ideal. :disgust:
everywhere should get a shot of new snow midweek. but yes, 'tis getting warm awfully early. runoff across 40 coming back from Winter Park yesterday…

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Well you wouldn’t have that problem if you didn’t have so many boxes Girl Scout cookies. Only viable solution is to send them to me. The cookies, not the ants.
I don't have any open packages and there doesn't seem to be any in my junk drawer. There are a few on my desk and my empty Monster cans are in a bag on the floor but don't see any there, either.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Why hello fancy people.
Two great days of skiing + a bike ride in for the weekend. Warshed the car and grilled sockeye salmon last night. Also slept like the dead.

I can't be positive but I think today is the 14th anniversary of my dumb ass moving to Colorado. I should celebrate.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Just wait.
Steamboat's base is at 6,900' and its summit is just under 10.6

Winter Park's base is 9,000' and its top lift is a touch over 12k

besides being closer and thus more day-trippable, this factored into my decision to buy a place by Winter Park. ski season is going to get shorter everywhere, and go away completely at mid elevations...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Why hello fancy people.
Two great days of skiing + a bike ride in for the weekend. Warshed the car and grilled sockeye salmon last night. Also slept like the dead.

I can't be positive but I think today is the 14th anniversary of my dumb ass moving to Colorado. I should celebrate.
HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THE SEASONS WHEN YOU HAVE THAT AVATAR?!?! :panic: