!!! OK, roll out, dammit! !!!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
herro
car in for service

started to rebuild my roco partly as an exercise and partly to save money. Now I'm thinking about doing the same with my monarch. service looks tedious but not impossible and I could skip buying a new shock....hmmmm

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
nice start to the day as of my shows got a good review in the NYT.

working from home this am to hang with pops, then into the office for meetings. need to get on the bike sometime soon, it's been too long.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I've been doing a very easy 30 minute spin on the bike trainer pretty much every day lately just to loosen up my cranky back/glute. Yesterday my PT guy finally gave me the ok to start bumping up the effort, so I'll do that at some point on this WFH day. This is one of the more stubborn injuries I've had to deal with. Wife activated a free trial to AppleTV+, so I've been enjoying Ted Lasso on those bike spins.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Wife activated a free trial to AppleTV+, so I've been enjoying Ted Lasso on those bike spins.
Foundation and For All Mankind are also good. and there's that Monarch one about monsters?

/me was not traffic this morning. new tires:

IMG_1595.jpeg

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
found out who my new manager & director are. one less thing to worry about.
Did they tell you?

I found out this same info during a reorganization, when I looked at my user account in one of our systems. Still sour about that. Director, who is also a former manager, is not a confidence inspiring dude.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Did they tell you?

I found out this same info during a reorganization, when I looked at my user account in one of our systems. Still sour about that. Director, who is also a former manager, is not a confidence inspiring dude.
yea, although i had some advance notice from somebody in the know. my new director is actually someone that my wife used to report to at another company, so i have a hunch he may have stuck his neck out for me. some of my colleagues have gotten royally screwed and put into roles they would have declined if asked.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Looks like I’m going to have to make an appointment with the Orthopod to get my elbow and thumb checked out since there’s been no improvement in the past two months. Seriously don’t have time for this shit. Professional Elf with injuries during Christmas. :panic:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I've been knee deep in a nice tutorial about building a Wireshark packet dissector using Lua, who's a thunk it. Maybe I can pull this off after all. :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Morning Monkeys.

I've been knee deep in a nice tutorial about building a Wireshark packet dissector using Lua, who's a thunk it. Maybe I can pull this off after all. :rofl:
Something like that doesn't exist already?

Can one of the AI tools build it for you? :brows:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Something like that doesn't exist already?

Can one of the AI tools build it for you? :brows:
Yes and no. There are dissectors out there, but not for our protocol, so I am going to modify an existing one so that it does, in theory.

I would have to first learn the AI tool, so I'm screwed either way.

<edit> the issue is TSN isn't yet widely adopted, so there isn't a ton of support for it.

Last edited:

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Took the man-child to see Cory Doctorow do a reading from his new book at the Strand last night, then dinner at Pete's Tavern. He is a wildly bright, kind, thoughtful kid and really trying to enjoy these moments with him before he jets off to college next year.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Vacation sleeping. Thanks to black out curtains and a time zone change it’s 10:30am and I’m thinking about getting out of bed. Breakfast. Coffee. Hike. Gym. That’s the plan of probably.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Dropped off Haley's kart for its eoy rebuild and new motor install. She got a nice new hoody and I got tossed a new hat before we left. Gotta call the owner today to see if he can find a team kit for her kart, since it's a big confidence thing for her.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Same. Leafsurfing and herodirt in a single day ftmfw.
Yeah, it was a good one. Might be a good time to take a little time off of the bike. I had several near death experiences from multiple unplanned two wheel drifts to blowing a foot off a pedal right before a drop.