Quantcast

Olympics in Sochi 2014

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
no one forced you to marry american mmike...don't be bitter.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Just not seeing it...I am saying no medals for either us or Canadia. Good start oday, but there is alot of hockey left to play, and the Slovaks arent exactly packed with power...

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Just not seeing it...I am saying no medals for either us or Canadia. Good start oday, but there is alot of hockey left to play, and the Slovaks arent exactly packed with power...
Do you still think USA mens hockey won't win a medal ? Russia hockey is no joke and I think I almost had a heart attack a couple of times in the win today . Sorry selanne I think oshie is my new favorite player .

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Still not holding my breath. US neutral zone play was non existent, no finish on some of the great rushes by Kane, too many turnovers and a couple bad goals on Quick...I kinda think the Russians were jobbed on the no goal call too.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Per the IOC rules, if the net is dislodged at all, the goal does not count.
Its IIHF vs. NHL rules here. Under NHL it probably would have counted...if a defender displaces the net prior to the puck crossing the line its a good goal. Quick dislodged the net, intentionally or not...

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
NBC blows goat balls. Can't they leave a hurting man alone?
Seriously.
It was bad enough that they stuck a mic on his vacuous wife, who then felt the need to ramble for the camera, but FFS how many questions about his brother does the guy need to answer?
Felt bad for the silver medalist too; he was stoked for his finish and barely got lens time despite being an animal on the mtn.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Nobody ever remembers how well the US did in cycling in 1984. 6 gold medals and the worlds. all amid a vast doping scandal... LA I say....