Quantcast

OMFG! Its the new Devinci

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Does this thing buck like an evil?

edit: shore looks like it can
Yes it has extra bucking designed in, and if you have over 300 posts on any interweb forum then you can send the included gift certificate in for a bag of homemade bucking lube that is guaranteed to triple your internet bucking factor or your money back.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
come on DW designed it! you should know better digi!
HAH! Come on Dennis, YOU should know better!

I don't have any say in how anyone who I work with prices their bikes, that's all up to them.

Also, if anyone thinks that the licensing fee for Split pivot or dw-link is a major contributor to frame (or complete bike) cost, think again. Just a single butted downtube costs more than my take, heck, the rear shock only shock costs almost 10X more than the Split Pivot license.. I work my butt off to help my partners build better products, and if you think I'm driving an expensive sportscar, well, that's unrealistic (unfortunately :) ) hah.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
HAH! Come on Dennis, YOU should know better!

I don't have any say in how anyone who I work with prices their bikes, that's all up to them.

Also, if anyone thinks that the licensing fee for Split pivot or dw-link is a major contributor to frame (or complete bike) cost, think again. Just a single butted downtube costs more than my take, heck, the rear shock only shock costs almost 10X more than the Split Pivot license.. I work my butt off to help my partners build better products, and if you think I'm driving an expensive sportscar, well, that's unrealistic (unfortunately :) ) hah.
Perhaps a tricked out RC car?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yes it has extra bucking designed in, and if you have over 300 posts on any interweb forum then you can send the included gift certificate in for a bag of homemade bucking lube that is guaranteed to triple your internet bucking factor or your money back.
"bucking......

.....lube????"

Thanks dude. The rest of my night will be filled with all kinds of disturbing thoughts about bicycles now.

Never thought I'd say this about a company that went out of their way for years to make bikes with 15+" bottom brackets but that bike looks fvcking sweet.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
"bucking......

.....lube????"

Thanks dude. The rest of my night will be filled with all kinds of disturbing thoughts about bicycles now.

Never thought I'd say this about a company that went out of their way for years to make bikes with 15+" bottom brackets but that bike looks fvcking sweet.

Dumbass's. The reason why the bike looks good is because a non-dumbass helped design it.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Not to derail the thread or anything, but i got to throw a leg over this at the show. Fun bike. The pivot is pretty high so it gobbles up the rough stuff well. The suspension layout isn't anything new aside from moving the rear pivot to the axle for added complexity. Kind of reminds me of old Sunn frames that Sandwich used to drool over. The main pivot construction is really slick. I really like the fact that you can replace the guide mount if you wong it off a rock.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
hahahah! Sold!!

In all seriousness, I love how it looks- should be on my short list when I get a new dh bike next year.

Victor

Chimp
Jan 31, 2010
Arad, Romania
Defo also on my short list for Revolt replacement, waiting for a few more reviews tho, anyone got some good ones on their interweb knowledge?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
People should definitely run out and buy an un-proven new frame in the first year, preferably all of the available stock. I'm sure a first year bike will have zero issues.
The new DHR and Revolt approve of this post.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I'm all excited - another bike which will probably end up being unattainable by paying customers.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
People should definitely run out and buy an un-proven new frame in the first year, preferably all of the available stock. I'm sure a first year bike will have zero issues.
Wait, didn't you just order a new DHR????? Not in any means saying it will not be good, as I well know David Turner builds great bikes!!!! Just thought is was funny you said that.

Cecil

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Wait, didn't you just order a new DHR????? Not in any means saying it will not be good, as I well know David Turner builds great bikes!!!! Just thought is was funny you said that.

Cecil
Let's not confuse a bike (DHR) that has had plenty of prototypes for not quite 2 years with a Devinci that just showed up how many months ago? ;)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
awe, those white people are hugging, they're so cute when they hug...

do you really want to go down this road? The DHR's release was very clearly not smooth sailing, and there was roughly a month between "prototype two" was shown and the production frames were released. I'm sure there was much testing behind scenes, but we aren't talking a year on the pro circuit either, that's for sure.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
awe, those white people are hugging, they're so cute when they hug...

do you really want to go down this road? The DHR's release was very clearly not smooth sailing, and there was roughly a month between "prototype two" was shown and the production frames were released. I'm sure there was much testing behind scenes, but we aren't talking a year on the pro circuit either, that's for sure.
that, and the head tubes were cracking on the original production model.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
Plus, devinci did have protos floating around whistler this summer that haven't appeared to have changed for production. I love turners, still miss my dhr, but it appears as if devinci did the same or better testing than most reputable companies usually do.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Time will tell.
To me the new Wilson looks like solid product with a healty company behind it. Didn't they have a lifetime warranty on their frames?.
The adding of some weight is for me a sign that they gave a thought on durability.
They have a in house testing department.
Plus, they are their own manufacturer. That means, that they can react fast if there's a problem.
But lets see what happens

Last edited:

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Let's not confuse a bike (DHR) that has had plenty of prototypes for not quite 2 years with a Devinci that just showed up how many months ago? ;)
Actually the first Wilson Split Pivot prototype was being tested in Whistler over the spring and summer of 2009 several before the 1st dw-DHR prototype, and over a year before the latest version of the dw-DHR that you can buy now.

So by that merit I don't think there is much to worry about.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Time will tell.
To me the new Wilson looks like solid product with a healty company behind it. Didn't they have a lifetime warranty on their frames?.
The adding of some weight is for me a sign that they gave a thought on durability.
They have a in house testing department.
Plus, they are their own manufacturer. That means, that they can react fast if there's a problem.
But lets see what happens
Yes Devinci has a lifetime warranty on all of their frames. And in-house testing, manufacturing, etc.. They are the most legit bike company that you've never heard of.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Sadly, like anything DW is involved in, the bike has issues. First there was the well documented uncontrolled buck nasty suspension action of the Revolts, and now you apparently can't run brakes on the new Wilsons (as they have excess "trail howl").

For realz, good info Dave. Like many people, I'm impressed with what Devinci is doing thesedays. In fact, my riding buddy just got his grubby mitts on a new RC, so I'm stoked to check it out.

Gurney

Chimp
Jan 14, 2010
Besides all the hype, does anyone have some real world feed back? Can't decide between the Wilson and Jedi, thought?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Sadly, like anything DW is involved in, the bike has issues. First there was the well documented uncontrolled buck nasty suspension action of the Revolts, and now you apparently can't run brakes on the new Wilsons (as they have excess "trail howl").
the "bucking" was because people dont know how to use those little knobs on the shock.
the howling seems only on ABP/Split Pivot bikes and saint brakes

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
the "bucking" was because people dont know how to use those little knobs on the shock.
the howling seems only on ABP/Split Pivot bikes and saint brakes
and saints tend to howl anyways...

will an angleset fit this?

not knocking your geometry choice Dave, it just seems like every other bike on the market this year is compatible. :)

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Jackalope was joking fellas.

The ZS44/ZS56 Angleset will work.

Two rides on a Dixon so far and very impressed.

Made in Canadia.

Last edited: