Quantcast

OT: MX front flip @ Xgames

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Yeah, I think Danny Way's performance was classic X-games sickness. His determination and the fact that he came right back to stomp the trick that took him out is "heavy metal dude!" - that's F'n gettin' back on the horse for sure!
That sent out a message to the other competitors "if you gonna win this you gonna have to bring it!"
Gotta love that in sports when the other guys respond and then D way comes back from the second crash
and took it to another level to take the lead...
Then one of his best boys says" I gotta try some hard sh!t to try to beat him! and lay it all on the line to reach one step higher! That was a kick ass event!
But, That event could get someone real hurt! Two of the gnarliest skateboard crashes have been on the Mega Pipe!
Are you kiddin' lookin down from the top looked insane to hit on a skateboard!

Good attempt Jim, I hope everything is O.K. that was a shot to the spine!
I think he bailed cause he saw he overjumped it and was going to land to flat -probably front wheel first.
the bike landed both wheels flat cause he bailed, the natural projection of the trick would have kept spinning
forward as he continued out. I think he would've ate sh!t worse, but who knows.... hope he's O.K.
I thought the trick that won was original but, I don't think it was executed that cleanly. It's a hard call cause I'm sick of backflip combos but, that double seat grab that took silver was sicktasticly done with perfect form and extention - thought it should have won but, that's "Judged" sports I guess - No Finish Line!

Last edited:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Jim has got to be one of the nicest shop guys around. I bought a derailluer and a few misc parts from the local shop where he works, with every intention of taking the parts home and putting them on myself. He asked me to bring the bike in and installed everything at no cost and adjusted my chainguide so it ran a little more smoothly.

I haven't seen him in a while, I guess he's been busy riding moto...

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
Yeah, I think Danny Way's performance was classic X-games sickness. His determination and the fact that he came right back to stomp the trick that took him out is "heavy metal dude!" - that's F'n gettin' back on the horse for sure!
That sent out a message to the other competitors "if you gonna win this you gonna have to bring it!"
Gotta love that in sports when the other guys respond and then D way comes back from the second crash
and took it to another level to take the lead...
Then one of his best boys says" I gotta try some hard sh!t to try to beat him! and lay it all on the line to reach one step higher! That was a kick ass event!
But, That event could get someone real hurt! Two of the gnarliest skateboard crashes have been on the Mega Pipe!
Are you kiddin' lookin down from the top looked insane to hit on a skateboard!

Good attempt Jim, I hope everything is O.K. that was a shot to the spine!
I think he bailed cause he saw he overjumped it and was going to land to flat -probably front wheel first.
the bike landed both wheels flat cause he bailed, the natural projection of the trick would have kept spinning
forward as he continued out. I think he would've ate sh!t worse, but who knows.... hope he's O.K.
I thought the trick that won was original but, I don't think it was executed that cleanly. It's a hard call cause I'm sick of backflip combos but, that double seat grab that took silver was sicktasticly done with perfect form and extention - thought it should have won but, that's "Judged" sports I guess - No Finish Line!

In terms of difficulty, I'd say that 'electric death' trick is off the charts, imagine backflipping yourself independantly of your motorcycle while 30' in the air, that's some sick sh*t!

Freestyle MX is a crazy sport, everytime I think 'ok, that's as far as it can go, they've hit a wall' someone ups the anty, backflip, double backflip, front flip, etc.

It's a bit scary actually, I'm worried that (God forbid) someone's going to get really f*cked up one of these days...

Feb 20, 2008
awesome attempt, man if he had stuck with it it looks as if he would have landed it! I wonder who is going to try it next!