Quantcast

Palin has no business being a VP candidate

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Regardless that she's only ever been a governor of like 7 people.......

She theoretically could become president should, Old Man McCain wake up dead one day.....

She has family to take care of. And I guess this is sort of related to my opinion of those with small kids who sign up for the military. PRIORITIES!!!!

She has a special needs baby. She needs to focus on that. Not to mention her apparently easy, yet stupid daughter Jamie-Lynn, who is also going to need help. Her family needs her plain and simple. Presidenting is way too much work....well unless you're GWB....in which case it's a pretty easy gig.....but it's SUPPOSED to be a full time job.

Her family needs her.

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
I think it is condescending to the American people for the Republican party to even try this ****.

What a train wreck.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
According to the crazy eyes republican delegate (maybe a governor) of minnesota, she has experience "because she sold the state plan on ebay!"

Apparently saying she is inexperienced is "an insult to women"

splat

Nam I am
What do you mean ? Its the VP they don't really do anything anyway ( Unless there is a Tie in the House of representitives ) , it would give her plenty of time to take care of all the Kids.

Maybe she is planning on putting a Daycare center in the east wing :rofl:

How come I Just have this feeling that come the November Election it won't be her name on the ballot for VP ?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
According to the crazy eyes republican delegate (maybe a governor) of minnesota, she has experience "because she sold the state plan on ebay!"

Picking her to be VP was "an insult to women" IMO, as she was only chosen because she is a woman, not because she's the best candidate for the job. Clearly nothing but a ploy to try and grab angry Hillarites. I haven't actually heard a single thing that would suggest she's qualified for such a position, and she's starting to look incompetent across the board, as a governor, as a mother, etc.
The whole thing is a joke.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
What do you mean ? Its the VP they don't really do anything anyway ( Unless there is a Tie in the House of representitives ) , it would give her plenty of time to take care of all the Kids.

How come I Just have this feeling that come the November Election it won't be her name on the ballot for VP ?
Im telling you man, wait until her daughter's baby's daddy turns out to be a brotha. Rush, Savage and the rest will come up with all kinds of excuses to throw this broad under the bus.

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
Shuckies... I think my :imstupid: is acting up again.

I thought inexperienced women were highly desirable. I thought I heard there were lots of muslim women who were getting surgery so they could show their prospective husbands just how inexperienced they are.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Picking her to be VP was "an insult to women" IMO, as she was only chosen because she is a woman, not because she's the best candidate for the job. Clearly nothing but a ploy to try and grab angry Hillarites. I haven't actually heard a single thing that would suggest she's qualified for such a position, and she's starting to look incompetent across the board, as a governor, as a mother, etc.
The whole thing is a joke.
The democratic strategist actually mentioned another Republican woman who is highly respected on both sides of the aisle, has huge amounts of international relations and foreign policy experiences and is more than qualified.

Apparently she isn't qualified to be McCain's puppet.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Falling for it too huh?

Why would a woman who's a democrat vote for McCain?
To pay back Obama for "stealing" the nomination from Hillary. Seriously, there are women out there who are very angry at Obama... they think the nomination should've just been handed to her because she's "earned" it somehow over the years.
And the quickest way for her to get another shot is to run again in 4 years..obviously that won't happen if Obama is the incumbent.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I learned yesterday that the state of Alaska has a population of just over 600k. The gentleman on the TV that told me this then said "I have that many people in my school district and I wouldn't want the superintendent to be the leader of the free world." :rofl:

I also heard a Republican strategist say she is more experienced than Obama.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Falling for it too huh?

Why would a woman who's a democrat vote for McCain?
Trust me on this.

There are dumbass women out there who are so bitter about hillary losing the dem nomination that they are voting for mccain out of spite.

I know TWO of them in a town where I only know about 50 people very well.

http://fromtheduke.blogspot.com/2008/06/disenfranchised-democratic-women-for.html

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0830lettersbriefs0aug30,0,990252.story

The name on this one alone.

http://hillarysupportersformccain.blogspot.com/

I don't even get television service but watch a few shows via web. Even I keep coming across clips of groups of WOMEN hillary supporters saying they're now all over mccain's jock.

I've never heard my girlfriend say the phrases "stupid fvcking cunts" and just like a fvcking woman" so much as over the last few weeks.

Hell even the daily show is making absurd amounts of fun of this little phenomenon.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

It varies.

Just in recent history, Cheney was instrumental in setting policy for Bush.

Gore was considered one of Clinton's most influential advisers: Times Article.

Quayle was as useful as a potatoe.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Not to mention that McCain has had 4 bout with cancer in the not so distant past. 8 presidents have died in office in the past, it is not unheard of. Of course, half of those were assassinations.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
To pay back Obama for "stealing" the nomination from Hillary. Seriously, there are women out there who are very angry at Obama... they think the nomination should've just been handed to her because she's "earned" it somehow over the years.
And the quickest way for her to get another shot is to run again in 4 years..obviously that won't happen if Obama is the incumbent.
I think some voters have keyed onto Hillary's bitterness, and unfortunately for Democrats, it has clouded their judgment about voting for Barack, who I have not detected much hostility towards Hillary.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
And remind me again, what is the experience that Barry brings to the #1 spot?:bonk:
add to that: what's more important, experience or achievement? someone in one of the threads posted a pantload of (co-)sponsored bills by obama, but have yet to see what's passed into law, and then how significant this legislation is.

i don't know, but will give a casual glance

edit: found this, from govtrack, which appears to be non-partisan
Statistics: Barack Obama has sponsored 136 bills since Jan 4, 2005, of which 122 haven't made it out of committee and 2 were successfully enacted.
damn

Last edited:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Again.....my point was that she should have refused when asked. She has more important things to worry about than being the VP.

Will she uproot her whole family and move them to DC? What about the 17-year-old and the new husband? Will they go with?

I don't give crap one about her experience or lack thereof. it just shows terrible judgment on her part for accepting McCain's wacky-ass offer.

Family first, country .....further down the list.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Again.....my point was that she should have refused when asked. She has more important things to worry about than being the VP.
i'm guessing she handled various levels of public service for a few years pretty well when she had to give closer attention to more kids than she would as veep (it would be 3 total, i believe, as her firstborn is spreading freedom & bristol will soon be shacked up).
I don't give crap one about her experience or lack thereof. it just shows terrible judgment on her part for accepting McCain's wacky-ass offer.
i think it would be wacky to saddle her kids w/ the guilt of not taking this insanely historic offer b/c she felt obligated to take care of them
Family first, country .....further down the list.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Well ****, on these credentials she has, how can McCain go wrong??

Palin

1982 Attended Hawaii Pacific College for a semester, transferred to North Idaho College

1984 Won Miss Wasilla beauty pageant, finished runner up in Miss Alaska pageant

1987 Graduated from University of Idaho with a BSc in Communications Journalism, minoring in Political Science

1988 Became sports reporter for KTUU-TV in Anchorage

1992-1996 Won election to and served two terms for the Wasilla city council

1994 Joined Alaskan Independence Party

1996 Switched to Republican Party, unseated the incumbent to become mayor of Wasilla

1999 Wins re-relection as mayor, becomes President of Alaskan Council for Mayors

2002 Reaches term limit as mayor, runs for Lieutenant Governor of Alaska but comes second in Republican primary.

2003-4 Appointed to work on the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission

November 2006 Wins election to become governor of Alaska

Obama

1985-88 Moves to Chicago to work as a community organizer, acting as director of the Developing Communities Project

1988 Attends Harvard Law School. Appointed as an editor of the Harvard Law Review at end of first year

1990 Elected president of the Harvard Law Review

1991 Graduates Harvard with a Juris Doctor, magnum cum laude

1992 Returns to Chicago, first as director of Illinois Project Vote then as a lecturer of constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School

1993 Hired by Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland to work as a civil rights litigator

1996 Becomes senior lecturer at Chicago Law School, wins election to the Illinois Senate

1998 Wins re-election to Illinois Senate

2000 Attempts to run for US House of Representatives but loses in primary to the incumbent

2002 Wins re-election to Illinois Senate

2003 Becomes chairman of the Illinois Senate's Health and Human Services Committee

2004 Wins election to become the junior US Senator from Illinois

2004-8 Appointed to Senate Committees for Foreign Relations; Environment and Public Works; Veterans' Affairs; Health, Education, Labor and Pensions; and Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. Becomes chairman of the Senate's subcommittee on European Affairs.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well ****, on these credentials she has, how can McCain go wrong??

Palin

1982 Attended Hawaii Pacific College for a semester, transferred to North Idaho College

1984 Won Miss Wasilla beauty pageant, finished runner up in Miss Alaska pageant

1987 Graduated from University of Idaho with a BSc in Communications Journalism, minoring in Political Science

1988 Became sports reporter for KTUU-TV in Anchorage

1992-1996 Won election to and served two terms for the Wasilla city council

1994 Joined Alaskan Independence Party

1996 Switched to Republican Party, unseated the incumbent to become mayor of Wasilla

1999 Wins re-relection as mayor, becomes President of Alaskan Council for Mayors

2002 Reaches term limit as mayor, runs for Lieutenant Governor of Alaska but comes second in Republican primary.

2003-4 Appointed to work on the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission

November 2006 Wins election to become governor of Alaska

Obama

1985-88 Moves to Chicago to work as a community organizer, acting as director of the Developing Communities Project

1988 Attends Harvard Law School. Appointed as an editor of the Harvard Law Review at end of first year

1990 Elected president of the Harvard Law Review

1991 Graduates Harvard with a Juris Doctor, magnum cum laude

1992 Returns to Chicago, first as director of Illinois Project Vote then as a lecturer of constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School

1993 Hired by Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland to work as a civil rights litigator

1996 Becomes senior lecturer at Chicago Law School, wins election to the Illinois Senate

1998 Wins re-election to Illinois Senate

2000 Attempts to run for US House of Representatives but loses in primary to the incumbent

2002 Wins re-election to Illinois Senate

2003 Becomes chairman of the Illinois Senate's Health and Human Services Committee

2004 Wins election to become the junior US Senator from Illinois

2004-8 Appointed to Senate Committees for Foreign Relations; Environment and Public Works; Veterans' Affairs; Health, Education, Labor and Pensions; and Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. Becomes chairman of the Senate's subcommittee on European Affairs.
Thank you.

I don't care about her sex, family life, hobbies, and I barely care about her political views.

I very much care that seems like an underachiever. We had our best years under an Oxford Scholar and our worst under a C+ student.

I would like it if a genius ran the country.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
in response to transcend's list: but what has he done in those positions?! anyone can job-hop & claw their way up the corporate ladder.

and is it missed that you obamaphiles are comparing him to the veep position? rather telling.

and if they did go head-to-head she'll still beat him like a runaway slave