Quantcast

Pdc

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
Here are some pics of my new rig. I have a little riding in on it so far. It's good, real good. I hope you enjoy the pics. If you want a specific shot, i would love to accommodate. After I get real time on it, i will create a review.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
mmm purdy :thumb: . what's the headangle, could you measure that?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
er, you could tie a rock onto a string, and then measure the axle-crown distance on the fork, the distance from the crown to the ground (vertically, using the rock), and the distance from the center of the front axle to the ground. but it's not that crucial :D

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
Toshi said:
er, you could tie a rock onto a string, and then measure the axle-crown distance on the fork, the distance from the crown to the ground (vertically, using the rock), and the distance from the center of the front axle to the ground. but it's not that crucial :D
uh... You are in Seattle, you can give it s swirl. I would like to see your rig too.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
66 said:
uh... You are in Seattle, you can give it s swirl. I would like to see your rig too.
i don't think i'll be doing any dhing this winter. trying to strengthen my rotator cuffs before tearing them up crashing next year :D . so we should hook up for a ride in the spring

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Toshi said:
Geez dude - I feel stupider eveytime I read one of your posts. :)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
s1ngletrack said:
Geez dude - I feel stupider eveytime I read one of your posts. :)
d'oh, that's not my intention. i'm trying to be like the geometry teacher back in the day, trying to convince the class that it's actually useful... :D

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
Lumpy_Gravy said:
What I dont get is why these frames arent more popular. Just look at the COG, its got to be super stable
I think they're relatively expensive.

Who carries them anyway? Be nice if Jenson or go-ride would pick them up.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
zedro said:
honestly at first i felt the bike was kinda ugly, but with the black paint and fully built its a pretty cool looking rig.

plus it follows some of the concepts i hold dear....:thumb:
Some? looks like if the paint was stripped off and you threw a couple more bolts here and there it would be Zed ready:sneaky:
hehe

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
leprechaun said:
Some? looks like if the paint was stripped off and you threw a couple more bolts here and there it would be Zed ready:sneaky:
hehe
ahh, only to the untrained eye. Thats like me saying the ElCuervo is like a DHR without the ugly stickers :evil:

PS...are you still having trouble finding a pulley? because i may have something usefull for you with 11 teeth on it

Sep 10, 2001
I took a quick ride on one of those at dirt demo... Even though the was a little small and undersprung for my fat arse, it still felt quick on the pedals when getting on the gas.. Pretty impressive.

Brian

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
zedro said:
i may have something usefull for you with 11 teeth
Ahr you the one who done found my cuzzin'? We were s'pozed ta be gittin' murried tudhay...but she done run off ag'in.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
zedro said:
ahh, only to the untrained eye. Thats like me saying the ElCuervo is like a DHR without the ugly stickers :evil:

PS...are you still having trouble finding a pulley? because i may have something usefull for you with 11 teeth on it
nice comeback! :p
Yeah i could certainly use a pulley.11t sounds good,less=friction and wear,more is simply too large for my application.Thanks.

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
zedro said:
honestly at first i felt the bike was kinda ugly, but with the black paint and fully built its a pretty cool looking rig.
Agreed. I thought it was one of the ugliest bikes I had seen. But now that it's mine, and it rides sooo nice, it's a little more pleasing to look at.

zedro said:
What I dont get is why these frames arent more popular.
a couple reasons would be that there is not one in any shop near you (unless you live on Vancouver Island), there are only 11 so far (soon 9 more), i think most people want the sure thing in stead of the near prototype.

I don't think it's too expensive. it's less then Intense, Foes, BMW, Demo, ..... 3.2k CAD with the Hub and BB. That's about 2.3k US. Then take the hub and BB cost out of that and it's about 2000. Not to bad. And on top of that he helped make the deal sweeter in other ways too.

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
Here is an updated photo of my DH One. I had a few small issues with the frame but have it back together again.

Kyle (Mr. PDC) is a good person to do buisiness with. He went out of his way to take care of me. I highly recommend working with him.

I have some new toys coming for this. When it's set up I will clean it and take some real photos.

HGR Frucci

Chimp
Feb 18, 2004
K12
I don't know. I imagine 66 or 67. I can't think of a way to measure. Got any ideas (i don't have a protractor)?
I purchased a cool pipe angle tool (basically a plumb bob/protractor tool in a 4"x4" square). It measures down to a half-degree and provides a really good reference for course set-up. Costs about $10 and be found at Home Depot or Lowes.

- I know, really nerdy :rolleyes: but I got the idea from the Giant Team mechanics who were using a digital version to set up Dustin Adams bike at the Wisc. NCS a couple of years ago. It at least gives me an actual "limit" to know where I like my setup to run between.

JF

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
Only one problem with it...if they get it dialed I'de even consider one after I'm done jumping company to company...

If they can reduce their unsagged chainstay length to sub 16" it'd be viable. Otherwise, you're riding a bike with 18.5+" chainstays under sag...they have a LOT of extension.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
neversummersnow said:
Only one problem with it...if they get it dialed I'de even consider one after I'm done jumping company to company...

If they can reduce their unsagged chainstay length to sub 16" it'd be viable. Otherwise, you're riding a bike with 18.5+" chainstays under sag...they have a LOT of extension.
the thing with high pivoted bikes is when you corner you want to weight foward, this actually causes the chainstay (and wheelbase) to shorten making quick turns easier.

I was worried too about being able to corner in the tight sections but its no problem, you just have to ride the bike differently.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
jeff you switch bikes like ron jeramy through partners dog. hey are you goin anywhere for break? if not we should rip some **** up

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
That Bike looks like it has a really low standover Height.
Or is it just the pictures?
That looks like a good ride for my wife if it does.

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
bpatterson6 said:
That Bike looks like it has a really low standover Height.
Or is it just the pictures?
That looks like a good ride for my wife if it does.
Very low. I think the lowest. One of the reasons I looked toward this frame.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
zedro said:
yeah, and i dont its structuraly possible to make standover any lower than that.
I like it. I'm hoping she will too. :thumb:
It also looks remarkably similiar to the Lawwill design that The New Rotec RL9 is sporting.
Im assuming it is the lawwill design.
What type of shock does it take? Will it take the progressive 5th Element?