Quantcast

People phucking with other people's stuff

J

JRB

Saturday I got my brakes hot and the rotor started rubbing. We stopped and I pushed it out a little. Stopped the rubbing. Not good enough for this asshead that rode with us. I am my own mechanic and know my schit pretty well. Well, this dude started phucking with my brakes and made them rub like mad. I have continued to try to fix them, but he has the rotor so phucked, I am going to have to shim them. I told him to leave my bike alone, but he just kept phucking with it. Last ride with his stupid ass. Why does he have to be so phucking controlling that he needs to phuck with my goddamn bike??? That was the last ride with his phucking ass. :mumble: Schit I am mad.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
I doubt that...... :rolleyes: :D

-S.S.-

:stupid:

Nope - he even felt compelled to tell me we were riding too slow for him. He is a real tool. I hope Wumpus will chime in too.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
So this guy you ride with started messing with your bike?
Damn, It's like Rape. Do you feel violated? Are you sure you made it clear to him that it wasn't a consensual touching of your pads?

That's one of the unspoken rules. I don't care how jacked up my little brothers bike is ( and he's never had the thing tuned in 4 years!) I won't lay a hand on it unless he asks me to.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Yeah I love it when someone pushes on my bike and tells me how my rebound is too fast. Then when I'm not looking change my settings. Ph'Q this is not your bike, you don't ride it, and your in the beginner class. I think I MIGHT ride a LITTLE faster than you do thru the rough. Damn I hate that sh!t. People trust me with a multi-million dollar airplane, but hey I can't work on a bike to save my life. What the hell are people thinking. I weigh 145 lbs and it never fails to have some 180-240 lb 12 sandwich eating dumba$$ say "hey I think your running your bike waaaaaaaaay too soft". That is my personal favorite.

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
dhtahoe said:
Yeah I love it when someone pushes on my bike and tells me how my rebound is too fast. Then when I'm not looking change my settings. Ph'Q this is not your bike, you don't ride it, and your in the beginner class. I think I MIGHT ride a LITTLE faster than you do thru the rough. Damn I hate that sh!t. People trust me with a multi-million dollar airplane, but hey I can't work on a bike to save my life. What the hell are people thinking. I weigh 145 lbs and it never fails to have some 180-240 lb 12 sandwich eating dumba$$ say "hey I think your running your bike waaaaaaaaay too soft". That is my personal favorite.
How fast do you run your rebound and compression anyway? I don't even touch my compression settings, and then I set my rebound in maybe 3-4 clicks. Everybody always tells me that it's too slow and that's why I continue to bottom out on some drops.. but I'm straying away from the drop to flat scene :D

I've had them change settings on me too :mad: Luckily they are my friends so I just smack them and tell them to leave it the way it is :nopity:

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
You should've started adjusting his bike for your preferences...."Ahhhh... your seat is way too high, and I like to not mash my middle fingers when I crank on the brakes, and the tension on your pedals was way too slack for my liking, etc..." I can't stand that sh1t. I haven't had it happen to me, but a friend of mine does it to others who ride with us, and I want to smack him when he does it.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
DLo said:
How fast do you run your rebound and compression anyway? I don't even touch my compression settings, and then I set my rebound in maybe 3-4 clicks. Everybody always tells me that it's too slow and that's why I continue to bottom out on some drops.. but I'm straying away from the drop to flat scene :D

I've had them change settings on me too :mad: Luckily they are my friends so I just smack them and tell them to leave it the way it is :nopity:
Boxxer: Comp=none Rebound= 1/8 turn from all the way out

Rear Shock=JBB=Just before bucking.

Your issue is a bike with a high leverage ratio. Not your settings.

J

JRB

golgiaparatus said:
Why did you let him mess with your bike?

I give you :stosh: for letting people play with your brakes.

In hindsight, I should have pushed him off of the cliff, but I am really non-confrontational for the most part.

Wumpus is trying to play cool about this guy, but I have a couple of friends that won't ride if he goes. Wumpus was there and the brakes were no rubbing with a little tweek. Next thing I know, the guy is phucking with the rotors and they are rubbing like mad. I was like, dude, it's good, I had it. Stop phucking with my bike. I am through being around him. He phucked up lunch too. Long story, but he is a phucking tool and I am through with him. :mad: He is :dead: as far as riding buddies go.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
DLo said:
and then I set my rebound in maybe 3-4 clicks. Everybody always tells me that it's too slow and that's why I continue to bottom out on some drops..
Anyone who tells you that your rebound setting has anything to do with bottoming out on a big drop is a moron...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
s1ngletrack said:
Unless the fork is packed up running into the drop.
I figured there would be some (insert insult here) who would try to argue based on the theoretical situation where the rebound was set so slow and the drop was small enough that the suspension couldn't rebound before the landing.

But in real life, anyone who says your rebound setting has anything to do with bottoming out on large drops is a moron.

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Why do you have to be such a submissive little bitch and LET him phuck with your bike...c*nt...

You missed the mostly non-confrontational part. :think: The problem is now remedied by choosing to not associate with the dude.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Echo said:
I figured there would be some (insert insult here) who would try to argue based on the theoretical situation where the rebound was set so slow and the drop was small enough that the suspension couldn't rebound before the landing.

But in real life, anyone who says your rebound setting has anything to do with bottoming out on large drops is a moron.
Sorry - not trying to play devil's advocate, just thinking out loud. You are right that the person who would casually suggest something like this is a clueless nutsack.

J

JRB

dh girlie said:

I will NEVER defend your inabilities behind the wheel again loser. Sure my rotor rubs, but is it all jacked up from a telephone pole??? Did you have an excuse for that other than being lame??? :rolleyes:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco-gringo said:
I will NEVER defend your inabilities behind the wheel again loser. Sure my rotor rubs, but is it all jacked up from a telephone pole??? Did you have an excuse for that other than being lame??? :rolleyes:

If you noticed, lots of people in that thread mentioned they'd done the same thing...you never defended me anyway...OH...and it was ME that f'd it up...I didn't stand there and rub myself while watching some wanker run my rack into a phone pole! :D

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
If you noticed, lots of people in that thread mentioned they'd done the same thing...you never defended me anyway...

Uhm - I did explain that it is not difficult to back into things. I even one upped your stupidity with a story. I will keep my dumb moves for my own threads from now on. :nuts: :eviltongu

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
If you noticed, lots of people in that thread mentioned they'd done the same thing...you never defended me anyway...OH...and it was ME that f'd it up...I didn't stand there and rub myself while watching some wanker run my rack into a phone pole! :D

No rubbing involved. I was complaining that he was screwing with it. I was even obnoxious. Apparently when people think the world is their's, they don't pay attention.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
loco-gringo said:
No rubbing involved. I was complaining that he was screwing with it. I was even obnoxious. Apparently when people think the world is their's, they don't pay attention.
Sheez that's what this :nuts: is for!

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Right...and I'm sure a digger to the nuts from behind is pretty brutal...picture the dude all squatin down in front of Loco's bike...and he's all sttttopppp ittttt...stttopppp it...guy keeps messin with it and WHAM...:nuts:right from behind...
It was funny yes. This is not funny - sttttopppp ittttt...stttopppp it... :nope:

You are a mean person Lisa (however you pronounce that name) :eviltongu

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
dh girlie said:
...and he's all sttttopppp ittttt...stttopppp it...guy keeps messin with it ...
(To be read in your best impersonation of an eight year old girl yelling at her older brother in the back seat of a car.) :blah:

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
HAHAHAHA! take it easy, puddin...

Ok - the funny thing is, he was all in a hurry to leave to go help some co-worker his beast of a fiance is jealous of. I should call him and say he left the other chicks number in my truck on the answering machine. Hahaha - screw with my brakes now ho. :sneaky:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco-gringo said:
Ok - the funny thing is, he was all in a hurry to leave to go help some co-worker his beast of a fiance is jealous of. I should call him and say he left the other chicks number in my truck on the answering machine. Hahaha - screw with my brakes now ho. :sneaky:
Wow...so in addition to bein a ween for messin with other peoples brakes and jackin em up...he's tryin to make his beast of a fiance jealous...nice guy...make that call...

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Or an almost 34 year old man standing in spandex on the side of the trail while some tool messes up his brakes...

It's 33 and that was pretty funny.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
dh girlie said:
Or an almost 34 year old man standing in spandex on the side of the trail while some tool messes up his brakes...
Bwwaahhahaahhaa!

Just wanted to share the laughter. :dancing:

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Wow...so in addition to bein a ween for messin with other peoples brakes and jackin em up...he's tryin to make his beast of a fiance jealous...nice guy...make that call...
I think I will wait until next month right before she leaves to go back to Iraq for contract work. :think: The last time I heard about someone being beheaded over there, I was like, dude, don't let her go. He's all, but she makes good money and likes her job. I go, dude, it's not safe for a little civilian over there. He's all, but it's good money. Whatever. Tool. It would be funny to piss her off just before she leaves.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco-gringo said:
I think I will wait until next month right before she leaves to go back to Iraq for contract work. :think: The last time I heard about someone being beheaded over there, I was like, dude, don't let her go. He's all, but she makes good money and likes her job. I go, dude, it's not safe for a little civilian over there. He's all, but it's good money. Whatever. Tool. It would be funny to piss her off just before she leaves.
Well no, don't...why piss her off before she goes somewhere horrific like that...might make her vulnerable...

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
That's Phucked up man!
Piss her off and she's not only worried about getting her head chopped off but losing that idiot fiance that loves to touch your personal belongings.