Quantcast

pictures of my mountain bicycle

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
wow.

that thing is a year old? could have fooled me; not a scratch yet.

why don't you come over the mountain sometime and ride that thing?

cephas01

Chimp
Jul 27, 2005
how do you like it? i'm thinking about getting a demo 9 frame from the shop i work at, i've never had a chance to try it out though, just started working there and its mainly a road and xc shop so there is no chance i'll get to build one up any time soon

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I just broke my second Demo8, be careful with landing sideways. The rear end upper linkage transfers all the force to the cold forged web that surrounds the shock. The cold forging is too stiff and it cracks/breaks right below the pivot of the black link. I've got a broken Demo8 for sale if anyone wants it.

Nice bike though, hope you're enjoying it.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I think your problem is you're landing sideways. Not a good idea IMO. My wheels seem to think so at least.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
bikenweed said:
I just broke my second Demo8, be careful with landing sideways. The rear end upper linkage transfers all the force to the cold forged web that surrounds the shock. The cold forging is too stiff and it cracks/breaks right below the pivot of the black link. I've got a broken Demo8 for sale if anyone wants it.

If you break them why not find a better bike? I get the idea that the DEMO is the wrong bike for you.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Woa, both the rear brake cable and the shifter cable are metal. That's pretty shiny. A good, solid set up.

Yeah, the Demo8 is not a good bike for me, I'm going to get an Ellsworth Rogue.

maxyedor said:
If you break them why not find a better bike? I get the idea that the DEMO is the wrong bike for you.

droplover

Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
Colorado
How do you like those Michellin tires? I need some new tires for my Demo 9 and I was thinking either Michellin or Maxxis. Also, what kind of rear shock is on your bike?

Very nice bike, BTW!

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
haha. my 40 was beat to **** (stanchions gouged and lowers cracked ) and i have tons of scratches on my frame and downtube, you just can't see them. I love the tires. Very predictable and the role pretty well. The shock is a manitou 4-way but as soon as I'm able to sell my dhx which I was never able to mount I will be getting a cane creek double barrel.

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
it ways 45 with downhill tubes. Once I destroy this wheelset I am going to go with some ust rims so that should get ride of at least 3 or 4 pounds and I'm thinking about replacing the seat/seatpost for a lighter one. but that was before i cleaned it and there was a lot of mud on it.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
bikenweed said:

Did you break a 2005 or 2006?

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
droplover said:
How do you like those Michellin tires? I need some new tires for my Demo 9 and I was thinking either Michellin or Maxxis. Also, what kind of rear shock is on your bike?

Very nice bike, BTW!
I am running the Michy's and love them them !! :love:
2.8 comp 32 front with a 2.5 comp 24 rear :thumb:

and yeah man very nice bike BTW

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Netguy said:
Did you break a 2005 or 2006?
I broke 2 2005 models, as did ALL of my friends who rode the same frame. I didn't get the first one at a bike shop, and couldn't warranty it. It's going to be a back-up bike from now on, as it's still rideable.

The second one broke here in Europe, and since the local distributor hates my local shop, and does anything possible to screw them, I can't warranty it till I get back in the US in a month, so I'll be rallying Europe this summer on a broken one.

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
i rode the wc this weekend and it feels great but the recommended air pressures are WAYYYY off. The recommended pressure for me (220 pounds) is 200 psi. By the end of the second day of riding I had it down to 160 and it was using like 7.9 inches of travel. I can probably let out a bit more too. Feels great.