Quantcast

Plattekill Bike Park's 2009 Series Race Schedule

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
dont i ever... best track ever in 2001. bring back the big stuff

Dave, exactly !!!!!!

I'd love to see more pics of that course layout if anyone has some.

Everyone at Plattekill is pretty stoked about the course we have in mind, We'd love to bring back that BIG gap jump with the go around line underneath, we're also going to try to copy some of the features that Bromont had on their 2008 MtX course. We have a bulldozer and the operator that built that 2001 Platty course on board, so it should be epic.

The pricing for the race will have everyone very happy and should make for a great turnout. The course will be accessable via chairlift so no more pushing up.

:lighten:Now we just have to get the Trumpores back at Platty:lighten:

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
That thing i sick! I'd go down to Orlando to drive that back up in a heart beat. We would just need to open the back up so we can pile bikes into it or weld up some kinda rack.
that thing is long enough to put all our bikes on it.

we just need to make a cake to go around it that says "Eat Me"

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
we have been talking about shuttling the racers up towards the late rounds. and this will be single elimination with a timed qualifying run. Lane choice won't matter much anyhow.
its gonna take forever in the early rounds for people to get to the top and back down. hell it forever when people pushed up the bunny hill.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
put in a tow lift. just hook it to yer handlebars and yer off!

There should be drunk slalom. You have to shotgun a beer then race the course.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
So will the weekend listed be the only build/ride weekend? I know in the other thread you guys were talking about having one that weekend and the weekend after.
There will only be one "official" work weekend. We will be working on the trails on and off before then, if you'd like to help out pm me your email and I'll keep you in the loop. We might go down on Sunday and start assessing what and where to concentrate on. There is also talk of organizing something on opening weekend, April 25-26 if there is interest. We'd like as much help with trailwork as we can get. Last year Bunkerchucks did a great job with the 50+ workers that showed up for the work weekend. We have time to work on the "Dual Giant Slalom after the first race as May 2-3 race is DH only.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Wow, you are a lightweight or maybe haven't been to Platty in a while and are out of practice.
no kidding. When I wake up on Saturday morning there is more than a beer seeping out of my pores.

A drunk race should be slam 4 boiler makers at the bottom, hike up to the top and then race down.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Jon, you don't understand....Voodoo is the guy who admitted to regularly shotgunning 2 beers before his DH race run...said it made for a good run, minus vomiting a bit in his helmet!:pirate2:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Jon, you don't understand....Voodoo is the guy who admitted to regularly shotgunning 2 beers before his DH race run...said it made for a good run, minus vomiting a bit in his helmet!:pirate2:
No I completely understand. I'm talking about making it a mandatory part of the race for all competitors.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Well, we're heading down this Sunday to clear the warmup run, work on structures on the new freeride trail called "unfinished business" and scope out the "double cross" course and the May 2-3 race course. I'll post some pics up next week. Anyone that would like to help will be more than welcome to join us. I heard somewhere there might be a keg or two. Meet 9am at the lodge.

It wont be long now!!!!!!

Last edited:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Ok, we bumped up the pro and Cat1 race fee's $5 over our first plan. This was done to increase Cash purses in those classes. BUT ALL Classes are still less than last season and Cash is up!!!!

Here's the deal:

Plattekill Bike Park will be paying cash 3
deep -- $20 per racer entry in the Pro class and $10 per racer entry to all
Cat1 classes. Payback will be given on the following percentage ratio
basis; 55/30/15. Cat2 and Cat3 will receive sponsor-donated prizes as
available. All classes will receive custom 2009 Plattekill Medals. While
upping the payouts ALL Race fees have been reduced to $70 for Pros, $60 for
Cat1, while Cat2 & Cat3 Racers will pay only $45.

All race entries include a 2-day lift ticket.

MORE CASH FOR ALL RACERS: On top of our cash payouts NEMA has partnered with
us to pay CASH to the top three in ALL race classes through The NEMA Cash
Contingency Program. The plan will pay pros $50/25/15 and Cat 1,2 & 3 will
be paid $25/15/10 for those that wear a NEMA product and list them as a
sponsor on our race entry sheet.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Ok, we bumped up the pro and Cat1 race fee's $5 over our first plan. This was done to increase Cash purses in those classes. BUT ALL Classes are still less than last season and Cash is up!!!!

Here's the deal:

Plattekill Bike Park will be paying cash 3
deep -- $20 per racer entry in the Pro class and $10 per racer entry to all
Cat1 classes. Payback will be given on the following percentage ratio
basis; 55/30/15. Cat2 and Cat3 will receive sponsor-donated prizes as
available. All classes will receive custom 2009 Plattekill Medals. While
that doesnt seem to make sense to me.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
some examples:

30 pros x $20 = $600 purse. 1st pays $330, 2nd pays $180, 3rd pays $90

50 pros x $20 = $1000 purse. 1st pays $550, 2nd pays $300, 3rd pays $150

30 Cat1 19-29 or any other age group x $10 = $300 purse. 1st pays $165, 2nd pays $90, 3rd pays $45

3 Cat1 40+ or any other age group x $10 = $30 purse. 1st pays $16.50, 2nd pays $9, 3rd pays $4.50

no min number of racers to get cash payout.
no limit on size of purse. More racers per class means more $$$$ paid out !!!!

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
ahh, thats more better!

but your last sentence of the other post needs to be changed:
While
Cat1, while Cat2 & Cat3 Racers will pay only $45.
the prices went up, not down

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
The Race entry fee's for all classes are LESS than 2008.

Pro and Cat1 prices are $5 dollars higher than announced earlier this month to allow for bigger cash payouts.

So, Lower Fees and More Cash Payouts than in 2008 and we're paying cash to All Cat1 Classes.

A seperate Dh and DS series. (not combined, we'd never try to fool you with that one!!)

$40 for a weekend pass.

$199 for a season pass.

two lifts, two mountains.

More trails than I've been able to find in five years.

Know of any other lift serviced mountains that can make those claims?

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ever hear of the Recession? For example, Maxxis was a major sponsor of the series, and they have cut way, way back.
Yup. And Nissan's Quashi Challenge (slopestyle)? The whole series is done.

I'm glad that Laz has the stones to put up despite the economy being in the crapper.