Quantcast

Plattekill Race Weekend June 13 -14 NYS Championship DH and DS (course pics)

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Race #2 of Plattekill Bike Park’s NYS Championship Downhill Series and Race #1 of Plattekill Bike Park’s NYS Championship Dual Slalom Series will take place this weekend June 13 and 14, 2009.The Park located in Roxbury, NY will move to the North Face side of the resort for this event.

The Delta House Trail Crew have been prepping the pro/cat1Downhill course for a couple weeks and have come up with another classic Northeast style trail featuring drops, roots, steep chutes, berms and a few pieces of shale along with a few pedaling sections. The Cat 2/3 track will be fun and fast with berms and kickers located along the way, the faster you go the harder it will get. Racers if your looking for valuable USAC ranking points The Plattekill Bike Parks Series is registered as a State Championship Series and will carry those extra points. Pro and Cat1 will compete for cash/medals while Cat2 and Cat3 racers will compete for prizes/medals f at this USAS Sanctioned Event.

The Dual Slalom course has been completed and is ready to go. This is the DS course you’ve been waiting for, if you want to go big GO FOR IT!! If you’re just starting there are lines for you too. The Crew did an amazing job with this course and we’re sure you’ll love it. There is a $10 discount if you’re racing DH as well.

This action packed weekend will also feature a world movie premier “Right Coast Rippers” by VonCooper Productions and an “all you can eat” buffet in the lodge, immediately following Saturdays action. Lunch Specials include a $3 Burger, a $4 Chicken Breast sandwich, the Ride for the Weekend $40 ticket, LOWER race fees and Rental Specials.

In addition to its Race Day Clinics, Plattekill Bike Park will be hosting Three Mad March Racing Downhill Mountain Bike Camps this summer: Youth Camp, Freeride Camp and a Beginner Camp. Each camp is only $150 meets 4 Saturdays and includes 4 lift Passes !!!! The beginner camp includes lunch, a bike and equipment rental while the other camps offer a 50% Discount on Rentals.

Plattekill Bike Park will also be holding a DEMO day on Monday, July 6th . The Demo will include Scott, Turner and Marin Bikes. The Park will be open for free riding on this holiday weekend !!!

2009 Plattekill Bike Park Race Schedule
May 2-3 Race #1 DH
June 13-14 Race #2 DH&DS
July 25-26 Race #3 DH&DS
September 5-6 Race #4 DH&DS Double Points
September 19-20 Race #5 DH&DS
October 10-11 Race #6 DH&DS Gravity East Series Finals Race #11 DH&DS
October 24-25 Race #7 Series Finals Double Points

Plattekill Bike Park will be paying cash 3 deep -- $20 per racer entry in the Pro class and $10 per racer entry to all Cat1 classes. Payback will be given on the following percentage ratio basis; 55/30/15. Cat2 and Cat3 will receive sponsor-donated prizes as available. All classes will receive custom 2009 Plattekill Medals.

MORE CASH FOR ALL RACERS: On top of our cash payouts NEMA has partnered with us to pay CASH to the top three in ALL race classes through The NEMA Cash Contingency Program. The plan will pay pros $50/25/15 and Cat 1,2 & 3 will be paid $25/15/10 for those that wear a NEMA product and list them as a sponsor on our race entry sheet.

While upping the payouts ALL Race fees have been reduced to $70 for Pros, $60 for Cat1, while Cat2 & Cat3 Racers will pay only $45 !!!.

All race entries include a 2-day lift ticket.

DUAL SLALOM SNEAK PEAK, before the jumps were put in.

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
peices of that look like the 07 opener with that grassy chute to left hand.
if thats the course its is awesome

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Bunks, The tree is in the landing!! WTF!!:bonk:

If you get up there early Friday I will cut it out with you. Fast Forward style :cheers:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
ummm that would be about a 20'-25' drop and about 30' out. I heard Ford tried it once.

It's the chute next to "Dy Another Day"

It's really steep and shoots you down the next section at mach speed.

otter1

Chimp
Jun 8, 2009
Relax guy. The chute is to the right of that tree. From that angle you cant really see it. Nh dude is right-thats the opener 07 chute. And there will be some good surprises at the end(on the old dual slalom area) by Sat. DH course is really good and really fast.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
General Lee and Davetrump, I give the course two thumbs up !! Better be there.
grandpa... i will be there so have my labbatt ready :busted:

i'll be there late sat. morining unless i can find somewhere close by to stay friday night.... it is long haul from up here in the north of VT

and for the record george, you know i love the terrain there... it's just hard to pull myself away from bromont sometimes

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Speaking of surprises, "Unfinished Business" Plattekill's New finally finished FreeRide Trail is now OPEN top to bottom. Thanks Bunckerchucks !!!!! Here's the ending!!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast

i'll be there late sat. morining unless i can find somewhere close by to stay friday night.... it is long haul from up here in the north of VT

and for the record george, you know i love the terrain there... it's just hard to pull myself away from bromont sometimes
You're welcome at the house, we have to pick up a VIP that's flying in Friday night around 10 pm, so we may be up a little late building his bike up.

Don't worry we got a cage for the mutt, (and no I don't mean the kid)

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Relax guy. The chute is to the right of that tree. From that angle you cant really see it. Nh dude is right-thats the opener 07 chute. And there will be some good surprises at the end(on the old dual slalom area) by Sat. DH course is really good and really fast.
Well look who it is here on RM after all these years........

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
ummm that would be about a 20'-25' drop and about 30' out. I heard Ford tried it once.

It's the chute next to "Dy Another Day"

It's really steep and shoots you down the next section at mach speed.
I can't picture it right now.

So you're saying there will be "voodoohoo and Jim mac" line?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO

It's 5 hours Dave. Just camp out.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Your welcome at the house, we have to pick up a VIP that's flying in Friday night around 10 pm, so we may be up a little late building his bike up.

Don't worry we got a cage for the mutt, (and no I don't mean the kid)
that's a tempting offer, i might have to take you up on... definitely better than getting up at 5am

I forgot all about the mutt, but have heard stories

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
are you going? maybe we can work out some carpool action
Maybe. Supposed to go to 7springs to visit a friend but not sure if I can afford that trip looking at it now.

I'll let you know this week if I am going, I also need to pick up Georges mutt, not the dog, if I am going.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Is this course on the "new" mountain or the "old" mountain George?

-ska todd

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Is this course on the "new" mountain or the "old" mountain George?

-ska todd
double side, getting off the chair left into the woods(away from triple). then down a small drop to a left new berm to another fast 3' drop Then just FAST, flowy singletrack with a few more small drops to that chute Then mach speed thru tight fall line rough stuff with a berm or two down to the old DS area. It's really fun and sure to be a favorite. That chute is a mother tho, best line is obvious but very exposed with no chance to brake before hitting the rough stuff. It's really a good and fun course. Pros will pretty much pin the whole thing. I just want to ride that chute cleanly.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
Completely doesn't help you, but in the older days when slalom was at the same spot, pro/ex bikes ranged from DH rigs to hardtails.

Course appears to be shaping up in a similar way too, which is definitely a good thing.