Votes: 13 25.5%
  • no

Votes: 38 74.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well? It looks like to me that I am going to go get it today...even though i dont want to.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
$5 says you don't.

Pvssy.

:monkey:
dude seriously....did you even get the thing or are you just bothering for no reason? either answer is acceptable. Seriously i am very torn about this whole thing. i have never had a seasonal flu shot or even the flu for that matter....I really don't want to get sick on my trip though.....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I got it last weekend along with da wife & 3 kids. It has already made Round 1 through my kids' school but I'm expecting there will be more waves as the winter winds on...

Why are you torn? The chances of suffering a side effect is practically nil...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I got the seasonal in October for $20 and the H1N1 just over a month ago for free at a college.

Its nothing compared to the number of shots you need to be able to travel to Africa...

You must be pretty lost if an Internet biking forum is your primary source in important decisions like this.

Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Its amazing how many people are too stupid to spot obvious misinformation and how fast people forget the past when vaccination wasn't widespread. I'll know who to thank when Sarah Palin gets elected. 8 years of ignorance wasn't enough?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
If it ain't broke don't fix it.
So I guess you are getting one since nobody has innate immunity to seasonal and other novel strains of flu. The only way to gain immunity is exposure to the vector via the vaccine which is safe or illness which carries a significantly higher risk than a vaccine.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
I got the seasonal in October for $20 and the H1N1 just over a month ago for free at a college.

Its nothing compared to the number of shots you need to be able to travel to Africa...

You must be pretty lost if an Internet biking forum is your primary source in important decisions like this.

my final decision is that I am not going to get it.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dude seriously? I am making the decision on my own i was just curious as to how many had and how many hadn't. I have tried to go twice to get it now but have backed out both times due to my gut feeling. this poll didn't influence the decision any. what did influence it however is that putting an untested VIRUS into my body that doesn't even guarantee that I will not get it doesn't make sense to me. Plus my GUT has told me twice now while on the way to get the damn thing that I shouldn't do it.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
my final decision is that I am not going to get it.

Good choice. Most are brainwashed by the media. Now answer me this. What's the difference between the misinformation presented by the media and the misinformation presented on the internet?

I've done my research. Not on conspiracy sites either. I've based my decision to stay far away from any of these vaccines based on what multiple doctors and scientists have said regarding the effectiveness of these vaccines and the fact that there is no real proof that they even work.

Until recently, mercury was put into flu shots. Now answer me this brainwashed ones. Why would they put a known neurotoxin in a vaccine. Don't give me the "oh it's in a minute dosage that is considered safe"

Safe eh? Who says? It amazes me beyond belief all the fools that fall for this rubbish that the media presents. I mean I'm absolutely perplexed by the number of idiots that just take what the media and doctors say as the be all end all.

There are viruses everywhere folks. You can't see them. They are in you, on your desk in front of you. On your pen, cell phone, etc....

I've got a novel idea. How about learning how to super charge your immune system and learn how to cope with stress as to not supress your immune system. How about learning how sugar kills your immune system and the fact that nearly 70% of the population is vitamin D deficient?

The research is not really conclusive at this point, as vitamin D and its anti-infective properties (through antibiotic peptides production) have been defined only 4-5 years ago.

But it makes sense to me. Being primarily indoors during the Winter that so many of us get sick because of the reduction in the Vitamin D we obtain from direct sunlight.

I take a multi tier approach when and if I get sick and I usually render whatever I have useless in about 2 days or so. But I wont bore you with that.

Do your own research and make your own conclusion, but don't base your decision on what a bunch of RM idiots, myself included say.

Here's the bottom line. "The swine flu is a relatively mild disease that for the most part only kills immunocompromised people."

Immunocompromised - children with underdeveloped immune systems. Eldery with compromised immune systems from taking too many drugs perscribed by their doctor as band aid to keep themselves alive so they can continue the unhealthy lifestyle they lived the majority of their life. Great ha?

There are other alternatives than a vaccine, in my opinion.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Its amazing how many people are too stupid to spot obvious misinformation and how fast people forget the past when vaccination wasn't widespread. I'll know who to thank when Sarah Palin gets elected. 8 years of ignorance wasn't enough?
:rofl:

i think i had the swine flu back in october and to be honest, i'd rather have it again over the regular flu. i just felt kind of ****ty for a few days, but i wasn't puking like i usually do when i get the flu.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
No - but how you reached such a retarded conclusion is WAY beyond my ability to comprehend...

here ya go.....as quoted from the CDC....

"There's no denying that the virus particle used in the vaccine has never been used before. No scientific calculation can rule out the chance that something unexpected might happen."

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003

"There's no denying that the virus particle used in the vaccine has never been used before."
So now that they've administered MILLIONS of doses... would you consider this statement to be current and correct?

They re-formulate the flu (seasonal) vaccine EVERY year. So this statement would be true EVERY year. It's probably a CYA statement.

All I ask is for a little critical thinking... :disgust1:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
You are likely mistaking gastroenteritis for "the flu"... influenza isn't generally a "puke-inducing" viral infection.
hmm... maybe that was just when i was younger and had the flu. before i got sick this past fall, i hadn't had the flu for at least 3 or 4 years.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003

"There's no denying that the virus particle used in the vaccine has never been used before. No scientific calculation can rule out the chance that something unexpected might happen."
sorry for the misquote....it was actually this guy....but he probably doesnt know anything about it....

infectious disease and vaccine expert Mark Mulligan, MD, executive director of the Hope Clinic of the Emory Vaccine Center in Atlanta

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
So now that they've administered MILLIONS of doses... would you consider this statement to be current and correct?

They re-formulate the flu (seasonal) vaccine EVERY year. So this statement would be true EVERY year. It's probably a CYA statement.

i understand that but for some reason I just cant bring myself to get it. I mean if it was guaranteed that I wouldnt get it then hell yeah I would be down there getting the shot right now.....but there isnt any guarantee that it will prevent it. I am not basing this on governmental conspiracy crap or anything like that...just on my own personal feelings. Seriously I have tried to go get it twice and something has told me not to.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003

i uderstand but it wasnt even released until april...so it has effectively only been tested for 8 months......

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
i understand that but for some reason I just cant bring myself to get it. I mean if it was guaranteed that I wouldnt get it then hell yeah I would be down there getting the shot right now.....but there isnt any guarantee that it will prevent it.
Do you know how viruses and vaccines work? Actually as a reasonably healthy adult you probably don't have to worry about influenza. It would really be a shame if you spent a week on your road trip feeling like $hit when you could have prevented it. :p
I am not basing this on governmental conspiracy crap or anything like that...just on my own personal feelings. Seriously I have tried to go get it twice and something has told me not to.
Seriously - you should STOP listening to yourself and start listening to INTELLIGENT people.

;)

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
i understand that but for some reason I just cant bring myself to get it. I mean if it was guaranteed that I wouldnt get it then hell yeah I would be down there getting the shot right now.....but there isnt any guarantee that it will prevent it. I am not basing this on governmental conspiracy crap or anything like that...just on my own personal feelings. Seriously I have tried to go get it twice and something has told me not to.
The efficacy of flu vaccines is well studied and there is not a significant difference between strains, so again wrong.

Those who faced a similar strain in the 1950s have resistant due to their exposure. Exactly the same principle in vaccines only you don't get sick. H1N1 is known for affecting an unusual large number of people outside of the normal risk groups for flu. The guy that installed our new furnace was not in the risk group but he still died...

Last edited:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Do you know how viruses and vaccines work? Actually as a reasonably healthy adult you probably don't have to worry about influenza. It would really be a shame if you spent a week on your road trip feeling like $hit when you could have prevented it. :p

Seriously - you should STOP listening to yourself and start listening to INTELLIGENT people.

;)

you keep going back to that road trip thing sir as if they have actually proven that it works. Like I said.....if there was proof that it works then i would go get it right now. but there isnt. just like there isnt proof that it doesnt work.