Quantcast

PORTLAND Thread

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
zane said:
Toshi- you get your canfield??? Post a picture if you have the time...
yes, i did, but i'm going to wait until she's all built up. which may be some more weeks from now :cool: :dead:

scriz

Chimp
Apr 26, 2004
Anybody ridden Syncline? Any recommendations for some good lines? Hopefully I won't be struggling too bad on the Bullit. We're leaving ptown at about 9 if anyone is interested.

Also anyone ride the Blackrock trails in Falls City? I went there a couple weekends ago.. it's dope. Fast trails with jumps and berms and some really nice structures. I'm thinking of going back on Sunday

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Chuckwagon lives down near Falls City and rides there all the time... Try sending him a PM.I was planning a PC ride for Sunday but had a couple of CART race tickets fall into my lap.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my junk is all here. so who wants to hit up post canyon this weekend? :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
eknomf said:
I do. Lets ride it tomorrow. Sunday doesnt work because of fathers day.
cool. pick a time, preferably not too early since i still need to cut my seatpost. do you have a hacksaw you could bring along by any chance? i can also finally give you back your wheel after the ride, many thanks. :D i have no bike rack any more, just for the record, so can't really handle more than 2 people + bikes

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
Toshi said:
cool. pick a time, preferably not too early since i still need to cut my seatpost. do you have a hacksaw you could bring along by any chance? i can also finally give you back your wheel after the ride, many thanks. :D i have no bike rack any more, just for the record, so can't really handle more than 2 people + bikes
edit- i missed the hacksaw question - ill get a saw or a pipecutter and bring it along
I bvroke my seatpost last ride and have a new uncut one as well so i need to cut one too. For a time.. 9ish or later would work for me... it would be nice if we could get tehre early enough to do a bit of riding without it being really hot.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
zane said:
What happened to the bike rack?

I want to go to PC, but I'm out for a couple more days. Anyone free to ride next week?
i returned the rack because of the whole sagging-to-the-ground deal. d'oh.

ryan, let's meet at the ta truckstop at 9am, k?

also, even tho it's built i'm not going to take pics of my new/old bike until tuesday, when it gets its proper brakes vs. the alivio lever mated to a 6" avid mech and awkwardly spaced out adapter currently on the rear.

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
Toshi said:
ryan, let's meet at the ta truckstop at 9am, k?
ok sounds good. I got a saw and ill make sure i bring it along for the seatpost. Is anyone else going to be riding PC that wants to shuttle with us?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
scriz said:
Anybody ridden Syncline? Any recommendations for some good lines? Hopefully I won't be struggling too bad on the Bullit. We're leaving ptown at about 9 if anyone is interested.
I've ridden Syncline many times. It looks like I'm posting this a little too late for you. Let me know if I can help.

thatoneguy

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
N. California
Hey guys, any light trail riding in the Beaverton/Hillsboro area? I finally built up one of my bikes and need to ride it. Also, where exactly is Post Canyon? Is it a big bike run, or will a 5" dual be good for it? Just curious as to what to build up next...

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Post Canyon is in Hood River about an hour east of Portland... Theres something for everyone there, but most of the trails are built for DH/FR rigs. There are a few guys that do it all on a HT though.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Toshi you're awesome! :thumb:
I get home from a ride, check my computer, and you've got some sweet shots of me already posted. :dancing:
In the second shot it looks like I'm coming up short. Looks cool all sideways. :cool:
I can't wait for you to shoot me some more.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
That's the same Drop-Off triple I had on my Rumble. I wanted to try it out because it's so much lighter than my big MonsterT. Seemed to work OK even though it's only 6" and has crap valving. Toshi takes nice pictures, huh? :thumb:

hey im new to the forum, hey twisted thiz iz matt i was riding that black big hit at the zoo. if theres any riders that wana ride downtown or zoo trails call me up 503 730 9859. im an ok rider i race sport class so im not reely bad,

peace
matt

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
frizanko said:
Post Canyon is in Hood River about an hour east of Portland... Theres something for everyone there, but most of the trails are built for DH/FR rigs. There are a few guys that do it all on a HT though.
Bah...Frank you know HT's are fine at PC :D Tosh and Eknomf did damn fine despite a oddly broken fork... How ya been man, I've been off the ride for 3 weeks now with School, Wildland training and then String Cheese last weekend, man I'm gonna be shaky this week when I get in my first ride...I'm home this weekend unless some gnarly fire springs up, and I want to ride bad, so let's get something together, I meant to call you back, but I got swamped... I need to hit PC soon or I'm gonna go nuts...

Tosh, you go that Canfield yet?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
yeah, the canfield showed up last tuesday, and its wheels showed up this past friday. i rode it on saturday for a run at post canyon (clipless == sketchy) and on sunday for about five minutes before i decided that riding is too hard when the sun is out :D

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Daves Back!
Lets ride PC on Saturday. If you can get the trailer, I'll haul it with the Bronco which is now rollin topless. If the heat keeps up we might even consider trying out the Glade trail from Timberline to the bottom of the pass.. Toshi that'd be the place to really test the Canfield.

blong

Monkey
Sep 25, 2001
San Diego
I'll be in portland this wednesday (23rd) for 2 weeks. i'm bringing the dh bike.

drop me an email if you don't mind some socal fool tagging along

brian

pedalpedal at hotmail.com

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
maybe PC on saturday isn't such a hot idea. the forecast is for rain all weekend. i'd be up for going anywhere, whether there or elsewhere where the sun might be out... i was originally planning to go to the suv jamboree :D but riding is always the better option

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Yeah Toshi, that ride is very very nice. Who cares if rains this weekend lets go ride in the mud.
I cant believe you picked that up for about what I paid for the Banshee!!!

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
If it rains it should still be good at Syncline. I'm ready to ride sat.
Lil' Kevster and I are going to do a little riding around downtown this afternoon if anyone wants to join us. I need to check out my new bike.
Tim (503) 307-3586

scriz

Chimp
Apr 26, 2004
TWISTED said:
I've ridden Syncline many times. It looks like I'm posting this a little too late for you. Let me know if I can help.
Thanks Twisted. We had a good time out there despite almost fryin' to death. We rode (and pushed) way way up into the woodsy area and ended up on some overgrown jeep trails. We got stuck so we turned around and came down a fun singletrack right on the edge of the cliff. Then we cut over and climbed east a while and found another singletrack with some really fun rocky sections. Nothing too crazy, but definitely made me glad I brought the full squisher. Is there a map of all the singletracks somewhere?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Sincline is way fun. Although it is frowned upon we shuttle it and only ride down those sweet trails. There are probably some maps online somewhere. I'll be hitting Post Canyon or Sincline this weekend depending on the weather.
We'll figure out the weekends plan here on this thread.
Tim

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Im pretty sure Jones Creek is still there and open for riding.. The guys at Universal have been doing a weekly ride there on Friday evenings.