Quantcast

PORTLAND Thread

GFXRACE

Chimp
Mar 12, 2004
VANC. WA
the hill side on the discovery trail is short.
trails are real short one hit per short trail
some of the drops only have a short run way to the drop
trails do not flow
still fun after work
or early am hr. before the kids wake up.
no riding for me this weekend
any one here racing the wim series.

PPG = PUFF PUFF GIVE

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
Hey thanks guy's...Frank I dunno exactly what the plan is, but Andrew's pretty anxious to go to the Belmont Inn, and that's a good pub by me...Yeah, I'm game for what ever on Saturday...I might be a bit off my game, but I'm down :D so Camas? IS that Ledbetters? or is there another Trail network over there? And a quick question about Beacon????where is it in relation to Beacon rock???I'd assume it's in the same area, I've just never seen a place for a DH race up there, I've ridden the walking trail from the top of the rock :D BAD DAVE...that was pretty technical...

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
Yeah, I'm down, Frank you in?? I'll get my Bro Andrew to get his **** together...what's the shuttle/ride-up situation like a Ledbetters? Skill level over all??

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Yeah I'll be there... as long as its not an 8:00 in the morning kinda thing...ahem Gunslinnger.:D
The trails arent super tech but theres a bunch of stuff built... The shuttle works nice in a round about kinda way....
Oh yeah Camas and ledbetters are the same, at least to everyone on this board.

And GFXRACE, I havent raced in the series before, but Im going to the Beacon Bomber to do my first race since my BMX days...

gunslingger

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Vancouver, WA
lets do it at 4 then. as for skill level you can ride around everything so if you want it could be considered easy. there is all types of stuff built though.

THRUSTER, of course i will have it though i am a bit worried.......

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Originally posted by gunslingger
lets do it at 4 then. as for skill level you can ride around everything so if you want it could be considered easy. there is all types of stuff built though.

THRUSTER, of course i will have it though i am a bit worried.......

What happened to your bike?

Jul 19, 2002
Vancouver Washington
As for the skill level we are all dropping 20++ foot drops and gapping 35 footers:D :D
Just kidding everything is fun and they all have go around lines.
Ken what are you worried about on your bike? You just got it back today I assume so it should be kicka**. So are you going to hit the boy wonder again I am thinking about stepping it up and going for the superman.

gunslingger

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Vancouver, WA
i like that drop, it is smooth. i have not really looked at the superman too close but i think you should STEP IT UP!

4pm tomorrow Camas/Leadbetter!

This Portland thread is long! We should just use this one forever and see how many pages it will become.

As for the bike i needed a new rim and BB.

gorgechris

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Traveling the eastern U.S.
Damn, sorry I'm so late to this thread! I've been being sick and working (go figure).

We've hit some of the Larch WA stuff, some is good, some is not. I recently got ripped here on the Monkey by one of the guys for talkin' too much about them, so I'll keep quiet and respect his request. Sounds like they are getting hassled by the DNR, which owns the property. Anyway, head on up there and look for the normal clues, you'll probably find some stuff. The singletrack is hella tasty, too.

I'm hitting PC in the afternoon on Easter if anyone wants to go ride some logs.

Viva the non-Seattle PNW threads!

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Ah, I forgot about your BB... I knew your wheel got jacked. So will you be set for tomorrow though?
It sounds like we're gonna have a pretty big session.... Is anyone going to be showing up before 4:00?

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
Nah, 4pm will feel like 7am to me tomorow...Man, I didn't mean to go out last night, but ****, I got free tickets to Harveys, and a bunch of free drinks, adn WHEEW giving a 5min speech for class at 10 am was a real stretch...So Frank, I got your e-mail, will I be able to get you on your phone there? I may have some trouble finding it, may not you know...

Chris, I would possibly be down for a run at PC on sunday, it's have to be earlier, I've got family comming over against my wishes, so I gotta be back around 5p...

gorgechris

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Originally posted by Get_Some
Chris, I would possibly be down for a run at PC on sunday, it's have to be earlier, I've got family comming over against my wishes, so I gotta be back around 5p...
Sorry, I've got the opposite schedule. I'm hosting the family brunch in the AM, and we're planning on hitting the trails around 1:00 PM. If that still works, lemme know, though.

gunslingger

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I really need a stand cuz I should be able to install a BB at home but UNIVERSAL got it done! That shop is sweet, they get PORTLAND thread props.

Anyhow I can go a bit earlier 3 or 330!

I had to buy a new tire cuz with that new rim my tire was rubbing WAY to much. I have a kinda new michelin 2.8 and a Kenda 2.7 Nevegal if anyone is interested. 10 bucks or any offer would work.

GorgeMAN I would love to come up there, though since I am a wuss and my woman would not be happy if i was gone all day i probably cant! I know what you are thinking, that Gunslinngger is a BAD a-s cat and I would never expect him to let no chick alter his plans! Sorry to disappoint but I am keeping it REAL!

Anyhow next weekend I move into a new house and I plan on mirroring much of post canyon in my backyard!

gorgechris

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
GorgeMAN I would love to come up there, though since I am a wuss and my woman would not be happy if i was gone all day i probably cant! I know what you are thinking, that Gunslinngger is a BAD a-s cat and I would never expect him to let no chick alter his plans! Sorry to disappoint but I am keeping it REAL!
Yeah, I was gonna' call you pu$$y-whipped, but then I remembered you throwing it down twice on that road gap with a HT, and I figured you gotta' be sporting a pair somewhere. So we'll let it slide.

I gotta' get out there this weekend and dial in the used Super T that is now gracing the front of my Norco. Definitely gonna' nail that teeter on GP, and ride that whole thing start to finish!

I really need a stand cuz I should be able to install a BB at home but UNIVERSAL got it done! That shop is sweet, they get PORTLAND thread props.
I'll testify to that! They'll even get more props if my delivery from them is sitting on my porch when I get home tonight.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Hey everyone, I'm stuck in california without a bike!!! Argh!!!

Anyway, it sounds like eveyone's gonna ride this weekend, but I'm down for anything (riding or building) this coming week after 2:00 pm every day (evening session at camas?).

Well, I rode the discovery trail stuff on thursday for a little bit that GFXRACE was talking about... It was kinda fun, some cool log rides, little drops, etc... fun for a short session or if you have to stay around town.

I don't know if GFXRACE wants to openly give out specific directions but if he says it's cool I will.....(GFX- ignore that PM I sent you about directions, I found the place on my own).

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
So were still on? Frank I printed out your maps, so I'll be calling you when I get close, where do we meet? Lower Lot? Should be a good day to die muwahahahahahahahahaha...

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
OK, so who's vehicle did I leave my Camelback in?
Thruster I'm pretty sure My hat and glasses are in your car.. The next time we hook up to ride. I'll get em back. I wouldnt mind headin back there again tomorrow if anyone has the time...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
sweet page 5, how cool is that.
5 pages? you can change how many posts per page you view in User CP, Options, Default Posts per Thread...

anyway, where/what is this leadbetter/ledbetter? i can't find anything through googling, someone please help me out. how does it compare to post canyon?

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I know he gave vague directions, but i usually ask before I tell more about someone else's spot. but, oh well. if your gonna go start at the trailhead off of hazel dell and just ride on the pavement for a little bit. cut through a little trail (in the grass) on your left to see a couple DH runs. Meet up with the pavement again and keep going all while looking left. I think it was the second or third trail that has a cool logride. Anyway there's probably more there than I saw so just look around. I'll spend some time there next week.

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
Hey, just wan to say thanks to you guy's for showing me the trails yesterday, that was sick, I found a couple good marks and bruises when I hit the showers...It looks like there might be snow preventing us from hitting the MRT, so I'd be really down for another longer assult on Ledbetters next weekend, as I told Frank, I've got a small utility trailer that we could get quite a few bikes in and maybe make the shuttle work smoother...let me, know, I had a blast, and I need to really give it to that road gap again...and a few other hits:D

gunslingger

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I guess initially leadbetter was rather hushush but due to houses being built it is being torn down little by litytle, it is a mini post canyon in Camas.

Get_SOme glad you liked it and are OK. Where are the headless pics?

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Ahh, dammit... I was hoping those road gap pics would've been better. Oh well, next time I think I might just bring my 35mmSLR with the flash and we'll do it the old fashioned way. Digi's just dont seem to work well in low light.
DK those pics at the rose garden look nice though. I think we should start marking the takeoff over a couple feet to hit the higher section...

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
yeah, the road gap pics would be better with a few more lens options,I was thinking I could do a whole run just to shoot, I've got a motor drive and alot of lenses, maybe we could get some good sequences...yes, I think we should do something more at hat little wall, to go any bigger, you have to huck out so far eventualy I;m gonna be landing in the bush at the botom...so you're talking about just hitting another spot on the wall right? there's a WAY bigger log ride by the other one that needs to have the damn landing worked on, it's so damn flat and sketchy I haven't had the pills to hit it yet...anyone know what I'm talking about???

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by zane
I know he gave vague directions, but i usually ask before I tell more about someone else's spot. but, oh well. if your gonna go start at the trailhead off of hazel dell and just ride on the pavement for a little bit. cut through a little trail (in the grass) on your left to see a couple DH runs. Meet up with the pavement again and keep going all while looking left. I think it was the second or third trail that has a cool logride. Anyway there's probably more there than I saw so just look around. I'll spend some time there next week.
what are these directions to? ledbetter? discovery trail?

please use the quote button :dead: :D

also, any of you guys up for showing me around/having me tagging along this upcoming weekend? i've been to post canyon twice and falls city once, and am game to explore anywhere else, either on the xc bike or on the evil...

gunslingger

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Vancouver, WA
anytime! I will probably have to ride arly this weekend if at all though.

We defintiely need some better pics. That gap is not the hugest thing in the world but we coud definitely make it look pretty good.

I went to the Discovery Trail today. I found whatr i assume is most of the stuff but i had to park kinda far. WHere is the lot off Hazel Dell? Anyone who knows that place want to hit it after work this week? Even Camas or the zoo?