Quantcast

post your 2010 rides!

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
My only bike that i can ride for now.

The DH race bike is still under construction,hoping with in the next 3 month's it's ready to hit the DH tracks.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
it needs an lg-1+ and an 831 otherwise it is really nice.
No LG-1+ is too heavy and 831 is too overpriced for being a 4x/DJ fork,i can't see nothing wrong with my 32 F100RL.It's excellent and great priced,new chainguide will be a Carbocage that is 102g lighter than a LG-1+:weee:

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
?????? Yes, for sure, 831$ for a single crown 4x fork when guy already has a F100 ...:confused:
they don't cost $831 when it comes down to it they are as much as a Fit F series rlc.
I just think the black would look better then the white.....lol No biggie!

Cool on the Carbocage!

As for my car in the background, it is an 07 Subie WRX wagon. Stage 2 custom tuned, Perrin catted dp, Perrin stealth full exhaust, suspension, most bushings redone.....pm me if you want a full spec list.

Forgot this was the DH forums need to post new pics of my 2010 Glory now it's done

Last edited:

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
let's just say call some places I got both of mine for less then Universals F100 price. They can't advertise less then the MSRP......but who pays msrp...a sucker maybe.
i assumed you were getting special price...not the point.

plus, if ur getting special pricing for an 831, u can get get special pricing on a FIT 100, which would still be cheaper.

Last edited:

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
i assumed you were getting special price...not the point.

plus, if ur getting special pricing for an 831, u can get get special pricing on a FIT 100, which would still be cheaper.
No "special" price, just shopped around plus the lowers are stronger on the 831. the F-100 I would only trust on xc

redride

Monkey
Sep 23, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Hah that's so weird... a year ago I owned exactly the same two bikes, Legend Mk1 and a PDC Kingpin. Only ~60 of each ever made, what are the odds!
yeah adam told me. didnt know that only 60 of the PDC Kingpins were made! Nice. Only 2 in Malaysia. mine's the Signature Model by some guy named martin ogden. :thumb:

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
yeah adam told me. didnt know that only 60 of the PDC Kingpins were made! Nice. Only 2 in Malaysia. mine's the Signature Model by some guy named martin ogden. :thumb:
haha yeah Ogden was sponsored by PDC in the UK for a while. They were fun bikes, but I had issues with the dropouts coming loose under hard braking. Only 3 in Aus that I knew of (including mine). Might have been more than 60 made but it certainly wasn't many; there were only two production runs and both of them were small.

Anyway, new bike for me! I was lucky enough to be on the pre-production test program for Banshee with the original Legend Mk1, 50 or so riders around the world rode them into the ground to find out what worked and what didn't. Keith Scott, Banshee's designer/engineer, took all our feedback on board to develop the Mk2. Some things on the Mk1 were awesome, namely the composure of the bike at speed, the geometry and the stability, but some things frankly sucked, like bushings eating into pivots and developing lots of slop (bearings instead of bushings now), swingarms cracking (redesigned and significantly reinforced in that area now), rear Maxle... wait no that one's still there, but at least it's a new design of Maxle that maybe will take more than a month before it snaps. Anyway easy fix for that if something does go wrong. Which it probably will. F**king stupid axles.

Maxles aside (ok really, what were you thinking with that one RS?), after much waiting I finally got my hands on a Mk2 frame. Pretty much every single part of the frame has been updated from the Mk1, from forged links and shock canoe (instead of CNC'd) to the redesigned swingarm, slightly altered suspension kinematics, sealed cartridge bearings instead of IGUS bushings, and of course lower and slacker geometry (not that the originals weren't already low or slack!).

The spec is somewhat of a work in progress, whilst it's entirely rideable right now it needs a few small changes to the setup; lower stem so I can see over the bars instead of under them, new chainguide, some small parts like fork bumpers and chainstay protection, new shock spring and some work done to the fork. Rear tyre was a freebie too, interested to see how it goes. Have a CCDB that I need to get reworked too.

Living off noodles and toilet water as a result of buying stuff I didn't really *need* for the bike, but on the flip side, the bike is good to go, Whistler bike park opens in 2 weeks, and I have my season pass. Tough life :)

Attachments

jammie654

Chimp
Dec 15, 2009
Scotland
Slight Update, New Cranks, Bars, KMC SL chain and i am currently running the Steel Spring while i wait for my Stiffer Obtainium and Bearings to arrive from K-9

Sorry for the photo quality just a few quick snaps

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
well they are not the same as the F-100's I have an F-120 15mm and the lowers are different. They might be the same as a Float but an F-series is different. I was talking about the "F" being an "xc" fork.

something you forgot to post while trying to prove my "poor" purchase decisions

"The 831’s FIT RLC damper is specifically valved with firmer high-speed compression damping and new low-speed compression needle and circuit, to increase pedal efficiency when sprinting out of the start gate and absorbing large jump landings. The FLOAT air spring has been designed to add more progression, to push back on the rider during high cornering loads. Travel is factory set at 100 mm, and is internally adjustable from 80 to 120 mm in 5 mm increments for optimal crown-to-axle height tuning. The chassis has increased stiffness at this travel due the use of FOX’s longer travel chassis components normally found on the 32 FLOAT, TALAS®, and Vanilla® forks."

Last edited:

mullet_dew

Monkey
Mar 22, 2009
Bellingham WA
well they are not the same as the F-100's I have an F-120 15mm and the lowers are different. They might be the same as a Float but an F-series is different. I was talking about the "F" being an "xc" fork.

something you forgot to post while trying to prove my "poor" purchase decisions

"The 831’s FIT RLC damper is specifically valved with firmer high-speed compression damping and new low-speed compression needle and circuit, to increase pedal efficiency when sprinting out of the start gate and absorbing large jump landings. The FLOAT air spring has been designed to add more progression, to push back on the rider during high cornering loads. Travel is factory set at 100 mm, and is internally adjustable from 80 to 120 mm in 5 mm increments for optimal crown-to-axle height tuning. The chassis has increased stiffness at this travel due the use of FOX’s longer travel chassis components normally found on the 32 FLOAT, TALAS®, and Vanilla® forks."
I'm pretty sure i did post that, in the link to sicklines i posted. I don't think you porchase was poor, i just find it funny that you mock a guy for having an xc fork, when in reality you have an xc fork as well, with a little more compression damping and some extra oil in the air spring to make it more progressive. Oh yea, forgot the most important part, yours is black and says 831 on it.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
haha yeah Ogden was sponsored by PDC in the UK for a while. They were fun bikes, but I had issues with the dropouts coming loose under hard braking. Only 3 in Aus that I knew of (including mine). Might have been more than 60 made but it certainly wasn't many; there were only two production runs and both of them were small.

Anyway, new bike for me! I was lucky enough to be on the pre-production test program for Banshee with the original Legend Mk1, 50 or so riders around the world rode them into the ground to find out what worked and what didn't. Keith Scott, Banshee's designer/engineer, took all our feedback on board to develop the Mk2. Some things on the Mk1 were awesome, namely the composure of the bike at speed, the geometry and the stability, but some things frankly sucked, like bushings eating into pivots and developing lots of slop (bearings instead of bushings now), swingarms cracking (redesigned and significantly reinforced in that area now), rear Maxle... wait no that one's still there, but at least it's a new design of Maxle that maybe will take more than a month before it snaps. Anyway easy fix for that if something does go wrong. Which it probably will. F**king stupid axles.

Maxles aside (ok really, what were you thinking with that one RS?), after much waiting I finally got my hands on a Mk2 frame. Pretty much every single part of the frame has been updated from the Mk1, from forged links and shock canoe (instead of CNC'd) to the redesigned swingarm, slightly altered suspension kinematics, sealed cartridge bearings instead of IGUS bushings, and of course lower and slacker geometry (not that the originals weren't already low or slack!).

The spec is somewhat of a work in progress, whilst it's entirely rideable right now it needs a few small changes to the setup; lower stem so I can see over the bars instead of under them, new chainguide, some small parts like fork bumpers and chainstay protection, new shock spring and some work done to the fork. Rear tyre was a freebie too, interested to see how it goes. Have a CCDB that I need to get reworked too.

Living off noodles and toilet water as a result of buying stuff I didn't really *need* for the bike, but on the flip side, the bike is good to go, Whistler bike park opens in 2 weeks, and I have my season pass. Tough life :)

That's the first red banshee that really looks nice. I'd think about that colour if I knew it looks so good with white boxxers. Great bike. I'm actualy on the same page with my legend - highish stem, a spring for someone 20+ lbs more than me and some work on the fork (rebound adjuster is pretty loose so until I get home from the hills I won't touch it in case I'd have to look for it on the trails). The spring feels really strange cosidering it's the first time I've tried flats on a dh bike. I'll tilt the flat bars completely flat tomorrow and see if it works for now.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
That's the first red banshee that really looks nice. I'd think about that colour if I knew it looks so good with white boxxers. Great bike. I'm actualy on the same page with my legend - highish stem, a spring for someone 20+ lbs more than me and some work on the fork (rebound adjuster is pretty loose so until I get home from the hills I won't touch it in case I'd have to look for it on the trails). The spring feels really strange cosidering it's the first time I've tried flats on a dh bike. I'll tilt the flat bars completely flat tomorrow and see if it works for now.
Cheers. Yeah that stem has to go, think I'll try find one of those Canfield ones or something to get the bars down a bit. Thought I had a 300lbs spring lying round but apparently I don't, so gotta get my hands on one. Had some work done to the RC4 that hopefully will improve its performance a bit, the fork I suspect needs a complete overhaul cos right now it's pretty sticky and generally feels pretty bad. New seals though so I'll at least let those run in before I go modding anything.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Post it up when you finish. So far can't test it but maybe in 2-3 days I'll have a 300lbs spring though I'm not sure if a 275 wouldn't be better.

As for canfield - we think alike ;)

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Was on an older Karpiel Disco this season till a cracked headtube... NEW BIKE!

09 Demo 8 frame custom powdercoat by Figure Engineering
DSP Ti Spring on tuned DHX 5.0
2010 Boxxer Team
Azonic Outlaws laced to I9 J-bend hubs
Specialized rubber (chunder rear, clutch front)
Straitline levers, pedals, DM stem
Code 7 brakes, X-0 shifter/derailleur
Sunline bar
Gravity Cranks
E-13 SRS+

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
raceface is also putting out a drop stem. Its 8mm higher then the canfield, but you can flip it and run it regular should the situation suit it.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
raceface is also putting out a drop stem. Its 8mm higher then the canfield, but you can flip it and run it regular should the situation suit it.
Just checked that out, looks pretty cool purely from a design point of view, but it's more expensive than the already fairly pricey Canfield (seriously of all bike parts, how does a stem cost $100+?), has less drop, and I'm never going to want a higher rise 30mm length option. Does anyone stock the Canfield stems online or can you only order direct from their site?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
slightly belated, but still BA

Whoa, I had that exact cannondale with that exact spec. that I sold a few years ago. Crazy.

Upon further inspection, that totally IS my old cannondale! Tape under seat collar, tektro v brakes. Holy crap, where'd you get that? Is the downtube scratched from pedals on my buddies hitch rack??

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Whoa, I had that exact cannondale with that exact spec. that I sold a few years ago. Crazy.

Upon further inspection, that totally IS my old cannondale! Tape under seat collar, tektro v brakes. Holy crap, where'd you get that? Is the downtube scratched from pedals on my buddies hitch rack??
it is your old bike! I/we bought it from you for my GF. What the hell kind of red rear tube was in it anyways? I just replaced it for a butyl one.

ismael

Chimp
Mar 1, 2008
guys, a quiestion, do you know what spring you have to you use for a guy who weights about 200 lbs with gear on it. (considering to use the bike not so soft)

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
guys, a quiestion, do you know what spring you have to you use for a guy who weights about 200 lbs with gear on it. (considering to use the bike not so soft)
The file I got from Ryan suggests that you sit right between 350 and 400lbs for fox/manitou. Not sure about the ccdb, probably softer than harder.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
With what shock? With an RC4 or Revox I'd suggest a 300lbs/in, any other shock 350lbs/in. I'm the same weight, currently have a 350lbs/in with an RC4 and it's a tad on the stiff side. If you like a stiffer setup then a 350lbs/in (with an RC4) or 400lbs/in (with CCDB or whatever) might be more to your liking, but personally I don't like the Legend to be run without sufficient sag - it pedals better with more sag for starters.

ismael

Chimp
Mar 1, 2008
With what shock? With an RC4 or Revox I'd suggest a 300lbs/in, any other shock 350lbs/in. I'm the same weight, currently have a 350lbs/in with an RC4 and it's a tad on the stiff side. If you like a stiffer setup then a 350lbs/in (with an RC4) or 400lbs/in (with CCDB or whatever) might be more to your liking, but personally I don't like the Legend to be run without sufficient sag - it pedals better with more sag for starters.
thanks a lot for the information, i have the frame with 300lbs. and im sure it isn't enough for me, (im using an rc4 anyway) i have read that the frame is pretty stiff with soft spring. im happy for that, it can save some weight for the frame. i guess that with 350 lbs will be good enough for me.

greetings.