Quantcast

post your 2010 rides!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
With what shock? With an RC4 or Revox I'd suggest a 300lbs/in, any other shock 350lbs/in. I'm the same weight, currently have a 350lbs/in with an RC4 and it's a tad on the stiff side. If you like a stiffer setup then a 350lbs/in (with an RC4) or 400lbs/in (with CCDB or whatever) might be more to your liking, but personally I don't like the Legend to be run without sufficient sag - it pedals better with more sag for starters.
That kinda scares me. I'm 160lbs and I've just got a 300lbs/in as I was sure the 350 was to hard. Do you recon I should go as low as 250lbs or try to get a 275?

that also means that the pdf is quite off the real good spring rates.

Routier07

Monkey
Mar 14, 2009
My ride for 2010 is finally all built-up and ready to shred!

Specs.:

Frame: Xprezo Furax
Fork: RS Boxxer Team
Rear Shock: Elka Stage 5
Wheels:..Fr. Ringle laced to Mavic ex823.... Rr. King laced to Mavic ex823
Brakes: Shimano Saint with new 6-bolt XT rotors
Crankset: Shimano Saint
Shifting: Sram X9
Cassette & Chain: Shimano
Tires: Maxxis High Roller ST
Chainguide: Gamut
Handlebar: Element Technic Nickelwide Flatbar
Stem: Sunline DM
Pedals: Wellgo MG-1
Saddle: WTB Silverado
Seatpost: FSA
Grips: Oury

Nothing too bling, just parts that work really well.

Cheers

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
My ride for 2010 is finally all built-up and ready to shred!

Specs.:

Frame: Xprezo Furax
Fork: RS Boxxer Team
Rear Shock: Elka Stage 5
Wheels:..Fr. Ringle laced to Mavic ex823.... Rr. King laced to Mavic ex823
Brakes: Shimano Saint with new 6-bolt XT rotors
Crankset: Shimano Saint
Shifting: Sram X9
Cassette & Chain: Shimano
Tires: Maxxis High Roller ST
Chainguide: Gamut
Handlebar: Element Technic Nickelwide Flatbar
Stem: Sunline DM
Pedals: Wellgo MG-1
Saddle: WTB Silverado
Seatpost: FSA
Grips: Oury

Nothing too bling, just parts that work really well.

Cheers
Thats pretty pimp, I like the looks of that frame...

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
That kinda scares me. I'm 160lbs and I've just got a 300lbs/in as I was sure the 350 was to hard. Do you recon I should go as low as 250lbs or try to get a 275?

that also means that the pdf is quite off the real good spring rates.
With the RC4 you generally need the typically calculated spring rate minus 50lbs/in for the air spring effect, so if the chart says you want a 350lbs/in then you probably want more like a 300, if it says you need a 300 then you want a 250, if you need a 50lbs/in spring then you can probably take the spring off and just use the air spring alone... haha. With 150psi in the reservoir there is almost 50lbs of air preload, which is FAR greater than the air preload you get on say the CCDB due to the difference in shaft diameters.

greengreer

Monkey
Apr 27, 2008
NC
^^^That brooklyn is dead sexy^^^

Here's my downhill ride for 2010, just finished re-building the fork this morning. Still have a few little alignment issues to work out and I'm in the process of piecing together a burlier wheelset and some proper tires....

Here's the rest of the gang-

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I've waited sooooo long to build a dedicated DH rig. My Spec SX Trail has been HATING me for the punishment I've put it through. I finished last night and took pics early this morning.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I hate that! It's disgusting! Makes me wanna vomit...eat it...poop it out...and then eat it so I can puke again. I'd friggin sell it if I were you...

...what's your paypal address again?

What's the weight on that build man? I know there's no friggin way you put that much thought into a build and then not weigh it. Give it up....

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
I've waited sooooo long to build a dedicated DH rig. My Spec SX Trail has been HATING me for the punishment I've put it through. I finished last night and took pics early this morning.
That is a ridiculously good-looking bike. Can you give us an update on how those wheels are holding up in a couple of months? They look cool but I'm always a little skeptical of Crank Bros stuff.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
That is a ridiculously good-looking bike. Can you give us an update on how those wheels are holding up in a couple of months? They look cool but I'm always a little skeptical of Crank Bros stuff.
For sure! Have you ever wanted something just because its damn pretty? *raises hand* I've approached the wheels with no intention of babying them, I'll be sure to update. I true my own wheels so it'll be interesting how easy/difficult it'll be keeping these things round... all 24 spokes worth. *shiver*

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Offset cups? Looks slack. Would look 10x better with the glory 01 frame.

Demo - great bikes. i9 wheels on booth bikes?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Finally got this baby in yesterday-2010 Jedi!!!
little bit of work done to the demo 9 as well

Love the blue I9s just did mine up that way and ordered some blue backup spokes as well as a few red to do the same thing and tie into my seat colloar... LOL SICK BUILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb::thumb:

VERY nice DEMO get out and get that thing dialed the HA is nice now...

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Demo - great bikes. i9 wheels on booth bikes?
yes, In fact what i have been doing, is buying them trashed on pinkbike for 300-600 (general range) and than lacing up 2 rims @ (lets say 100 per rim) and a full hub rebuild (if you need it is 150) so can end up having NEW industry 9 wheels for as little as 500-800, way better than the 1450 quote the shop gave me. (blue on blue with 823s)

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I don't really feel 500-800$ is little for wheels ;) For i9 maybe but I'm used to hope that I can get ~400$ or less (full wheelset). Prolly If I looked good I could find new deemax In the 500 area. The only thing that drives me towards i9 is the green color ;) Never felt the need for extra fast pickup ;)

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I don't really feel 500-800$ is little for wheels ;) For i9 maybe but I'm used to hope that I can get ~400$ or less (full wheelset). Prolly If I looked good I could find new deemax In the 500 area. The only thing that drives me towards i9 is the green color ;) Never felt the need for extra fast pickup ;)
I have not seen green yet (in person) i meant more that it was cheap for them, you can easily find generic wheels for under 400. Some guy sold pink on pink with 823s on here for 400 shipped a month or so ago to a friend of mine. Great condition too, just have to know where to look :)

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Yeah, I know. That's how I got most of my parts. Though my last hope/deetrax front hub (lighter than hope)/823 combo was under 300$ ;)

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Offset cups? Looks slack. Would look 10x better with the glory 01 frame.
nope no offset cups in that picture, the bike sitting just like that is about 64.5ish says my iphone.

HBG is running a Fox shock? No Revox? Or have they got something new in the works?
Manitou is in the process of switching over to 15mm eyelets, so there for the revox doesnt fit as of now. i have a custom manitou swinger that ive been riding for a bit.

eater

Monkey
Nov 25, 2005
Switzerland
done
best DH Bike since 2006 !
the shocker is unbelievable a " curve star and rock eater"

Frame - Cove Shocker (Medium)
Rear Shock - Fox DHX5 450lb
Headset - FSA
Seat Collar - Hope
Fork - 2010 Rock Shox BoXXer Team
Stem - Straitline Direct 50mm
Handlebars - Azonic DW 30*
Grips - Lizerdskin
Saddle - Sunline Titanium
Seatpost - Thomson Elite
Brakes - Avid Elixier
Rotors - 203mm
R/Derailleur - Sram X9 short Cage
Rear-Shifter - Sram X9
Cassette - Dura Ace 12-25T
Chain - kmc sl 9 holow silver (ten speed)
Crankset - Gravity Light 165mm
Wheelset - Hope Pro2 Mavic 729
Tires - Conti Rain King 2.5
Inner Tubes - Latex
Pedals - Time