Quantcast

post your 2010 rides!

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
The kids:

:drool::drool::drool:

I am still in love w/those Gamjams. Very nice. Did you get a custom CCDB that is 6.5x2.0 or are you running a stock CCDB and getting less travel?

Have you been using the Gamjam for trail riding or for Slalom/4x? My only hesitation w/this frame is the 66* HA seems really slack for a 4x frame but I bet it just rips out on the trails.

Very nice stable :thumb:

SeatPost

Chimp
May 17, 2009
Philly, sort of
I have been meaning to post this for a while but, I have been too busy riding it. It has a couple races under it so its time to call it official. There are a couple little changes to the build but, here are the important spec's. Over all though I have to say I love this build and how it rides.

Intense 951
Boxxer Team Fork
CCDB Rear Shock
Hope Pro II/MTX33
Hope Stem
Avid Codes
X9 Drive Train
Soon to be MRP Cranks
Gamut P30
Kore Bar and I Beam Seat Post
Deity Pedal

The cranks pictured are Gravity's are didn't last a race, bent the tabs, second time I have done that to this line of cranks. Interested to see how the MRP's hold up but, I think ultimately I will end up on Altas FR's or Saints. I guess it is time to swallow that Saint pill.

Total Weight after the crank swap will be just over 40LBS. Pretty sure that will continue to drop. I could easily drop weight by getting rid of the DH tubes I am running to not flat during race runs and I think next season i will switch over to Spank Rims.

Attachments

eater

Monkey
Nov 25, 2005
Switzerland
this is the finale version

Cove Shocker 2009 (Medium)
Rear Shock - Elka Stage 5 Diverse ti 450lb
Headset - Chris King
Seat Collar - Hope
Fork - 2010 Rock Shox BoXXer Race
Stem - Straitline Direct 50mm
Handlebars - Azonic DW 30*
Grips - Lizerdskin
Saddle - WTB Evo
Seatpost - Thomson
Brakes - Avid Elixier
Rotors - 203mm
R/Derailleur - Sram X9 short Cage
Rear-Shifter - Sram X9
Cassette - Dura Ace 12-25T
Chain - kmc sl 9 holow silver (ten speed)
Crankset - Gravity Light 165mm
Wheelset - 2x Hope Pro2 Mavic 729
Tires - Maxxis
Inner Tubes -Maxxis FR
Pedals - Time

18.02kg

sAFETY

Chimp
Mar 5, 2007
Finally got my wheels so it's complete for the season (probably).

It's currently sitting at 34lbs 15oz or 15.85kg. I tried to make it as light as possible without sacrificing strength (I'm about 230lbs with gear). The rims are a bit of a risk, but they've held up for two rides so far.....

If anyone has insight into how to shed any more real weight and keep it strong I'd be all ears.

TruVativ World Cup bars
Twenty6 DM Stem
2010 Boxxer WC
Avid Elixir CRs (203mm/160mm)
Industry 9 wheels built with Stan's ZTR Flow rims (Tubeless, naturally)
Maxxis Minion 2.5/2.35 tires
Fox DHX Air rear shock
Saint cranks and BB
Gamut P30 Chainguide
Dura-Ace 11-23 cassette
Rock Shox Maxle rear skewer (not the lightest, but convenient)
SDG iFly carbon seat
SDG Aluminium post
X0 Rear der.
Welgo MG-1 pedals
ODI Rogue grips

Attachments

Last edited:

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
Id change that DM if I were you, been reading they come apart... My suggestion would be to put some Formula brakes on there, it wouldnt make it that much lighter, but lighter never the less!

Mar 14, 2008
2008 Sunday

Angle reducer headset cups from Works Components have made this bike a rocketship (63 degree HA, 13.6 BB, 47.25" WB). As pictured, it weighs around 37.75. I also have some flows on hopes set up tubeless, which drops the weight almost a pound and a half. They are a bit of an experiment, but hey, why not?

There are some damn fine new bikes out there, but this thing still works just fine.

2010 Nomad Carbon

Do it all and more. KS post is perhaps the best part of the bike. I've got a few more changes to make, but for now, I'm super happy. I also run a longer stem for those days where the terrain is more rolling, but the Thomson is pretty sick for when gravity is working in my favour. 13.7 BB and 46.25 WB. Not sure about the HA. Weighs about 32, but that will come down a little with a few changes I have planned, including a RP23 (the DHX is a loaner), some lighter pedals, and smaller rotors. Anyways, sorry for the long post... hope you enjoy!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
you gotta web-link? interweb search failed me........or i missed it in the list. i found a PB article but their link failed too.

anyway, cool looking bike.
Not really. They don't exist anymore. ;)

To shed some light on them, I knew the guys when I went to college in Rochester. They started off making some super burly hardtails (bitd when a long travel fork on a hardtail with 3" tires was cutting edge), which ultimately evolved into a REALLY awesome 24" park/street bike. They did a few one offs here and there (one of the more notable ones was a steel xc hardtail with lugged carbon seat stays :drool: ) and dabbled in full suspension frames a bit. Their first f/s frame was an absolute TANK - frame was 18 lbs, but the suspension was dialed and pedaled pretty well. It evolved a handful of times, and the frame that HAB has was the second to last version made. The one after that was the same design, but a little less slack and higher - designed for a single crown fork as more of a freeride bike.

Anyways, those involved have moved onto other things. Their primary designer/engineer/builder is currently doing custom auto work for sports cars.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
To shed some light on them, I knew the guys when I went to college in Rochester. They started off making some super burly hardtails (bitd when a long travel fork on a hardtail with 3" tires was cutting edge), which ultimately evolved into a REALLY awesome 24" park/street bike. They did a few one offs here and there (one of the more notable ones was a steel xc hardtail with lugged carbon seat stays :drool: ) and dabbled in full suspension frames a bit. Their first f/s frame was an absolute TANK - frame was 18 lbs, but the suspension was dialed and pedaled pretty well. It evolved a handful of times, and the frame that HAB has was the second to last version made. The one after that was the same design, but a little less slack and higher - designed for a single crown fork as more of a freeride bike.

Anyways, those involved have moved onto other things. Their primary designer/engineer/builder is currently doing custom auto work for sports cars.
Oh, that's cool, I hadn't realized there were quite that many iterations. Mine's decently light, I didn't bother weighing the frame, but it built to about 40 pounds even without trying at all. 823 rear rim, sensible tires, buncha Saint stuff, older SRS, etc.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh, that's cool, I hadn't realized there were quite that many iterations. Mine's decently light, I didn't bother weighing the frame, but it built to about 40 pounds even without trying at all. 823 rear rim, sensible tires, buncha Saint stuff, older SRS, etc.
Yea they liked to tinker (one night out of boredom they built a trials frame). I'll see if I can get pics of their first f/s frame. Thing was a monster. I think total build weight came was almost 60lbs.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
It is a Sigma. I've owned three before an they have all been plush and laterally stable, if a bit simplistic. The '10 version now has the semi-bath damper circuits that were first developed for the rightside-up R-One; so it has compression-damping in addition to the rebound and air-assist.

It unfortunately gives up a touch over a pound to the Dorado; but I have to expect it will perform just fine.

Last edited:

yetihenry

Monkey
Aug 9, 2009
Whistler, BC
Frame didn't sell for the price I wanted, so I decided to spruce it up.

Boxxer races, Hope crown, Boobars, Deemax, Saint brake are all newish. Got the front end setup I want now and pretty comfy. Just want a slightly longer toptube now and Ill be happy.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I'll be rocking the same V-10 that I've been rocking since 2001 (actually 2003 when I boiught it as a used frame)

Only changes were a new 888 from 2004 and some Magura Gustav's in 2007.