Quantcast

post your 2010 rides!

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Been off the forums for quite some time, but here is my Bike for 2010, Fully built 100%!

FYI, my postings on Forums will be limited... please follow my Blog, as i have a few up coming photo/Video projects with some North East Riders....

http://whoryder.blogspot.com/

Last edited:

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Well it's not a bike yet,but im gonna add a new flavor to my session 10 frame,it will get a nice polished finish

(swing arm not pictured)

other than that it will feature:

- Gold anodised linkages
- Gold anodised Ti bolt kit
- Gold anodised frame parts
- Gold anodised Obtainium Ti spring
- Rock Shox Vivid 5.1

Speedgoat9

Monkey
Aug 27, 2009
State College, PA
My frame just arrived today. Parts are getting ordered next week. CAN'T WAIT to get her built up.:weee:

Also i'm gonna be selling the brand spankin new Rocco RC WC off it so if anyone is interested PM me:thumb:

the F.H.B

Monkey
Jun 2, 2006
Syd, Australia
Well I got my TR450 built up and took her out for a first run in the sweltering heat today.
As soon as Budget allows I will be replacing the fork and putting a lighter wheelset on, currently shes sitting at just under 42lbs.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
looks sweet really love the paint job. Wasn't mad on the look of the TR450 untill i saw that paint job

the F.H.B

Monkey
Jun 2, 2006
Syd, Australia
Didnt like the looks of the frame, but now its built up looks pretty sweet!
Nice going! :thumb:
Yeah they look great in the flesh, its a really vibrant yellow which doesn't seem to photograph well (it makes the white balance on my camera commit suicide).
Its a huge change coming off my Astrix that was such a plow bike, the TR450 is very nimble and carries so much speed, loving it so far :D

Orfen

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
UP, michigan
Well I got my TR450 built up and took her out for a first run in the sweltering heat today.
As soon as Budget allows I will be replacing the fork and putting a lighter wheelset on, currently shes sitting at just under 42lbs.
Very nice!

what size if your frame?
what setup do you have it in? 64/63.5 or 63?

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
good god, that HA looks like 54*
I bet it isn't as slack as it looks, but regardless, the geo numbers listed on the website are based around a Fox 40 at min A-C. From the looks of it, he has his Boxxer setup with a considerably taller A-C.

Nice build though, it would look killer with a black or white fork instead of that sad Boxxer grey.

the F.H.B

Monkey
Jun 2, 2006
Syd, Australia
good god, that HA looks like 54*
Its on the middle setting 63.5. I've checked with an angle finder as I was unable to build it up with a zero stack headset (minimum 2 week wait) and its giving me 63.47 so pretty damn close.

I am putting on a new fork asap but unfortunately just copped a $787 traffic ticket as my license was suspended for an unpaid parking ticket an I didn't realize and got pulled over...:doh: Thats put the fork back till early march at least:(

TomBigmac

Chimp
May 31, 2009

So my new 2010 Glory arrived and has pretty much coincided with my scaphoid fraxture healing up which I've been sidelined with for 4 months. First outing on sunday.

Mostly same stuff as on my 2009 Glory but now with some Boxxer Graphics as well as a few new parts

Still got to work out spring rate so it's a steel spring for now. Though with a friend wanting to swap his WC Boxxer leg for my Team leg and with a Ti Spring, maybe the bike will be too light. Guess I'll find out soon enough whether a 35lb bike is sketchy enough as it is.

-2010 Giant Glory Large Frame
-2010 Boxxer Teams
-Hope Pro 2's with EX 5.1 and Stans Flow
-Raceface Atlas FR Cranks with Gamut 36T C/Ring
-MRP G2
-Canfield Pedals
-Chromag Bars, Sunline Stem, Point1 Top Cap
-SDG I-Fly (stripped after large rip, will be replaced!)
-Micro I-Beam Post
-XT Short Rear Mech
-6sp Dura Ace Cassette
-XTR Shifter
-XT Brakes (Aztec Rotors)
-Aluminium and Ti Bolts apart from stem and rotors

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
-2010 Giant Glory Large Frame
-2010 Boxxer Teams
-Hope Pro 2's with EX 5.1 and Stans Flow
-Raceface Atlas FR Cranks with Gamut 36T C/Ring
-MRP G2
-Canfield Pedals
-Chromag Bars, Sunline Stem, Point1 Top Cap
-SDG I-Fly (stripped after large rip, will be replaced!)
-Micro I-Beam Post
-XT Short Rear Mech
-6sp Dura Ace Cassette
-XTR Shifter
-XT Brakes (Aztec Rotors)
-Aluminium and Ti Bolts apart from stem and rotors
Nice build and weight! Looks good......

Love the looks of the new glorys, hated the old ones!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
my glory is rollin... no pictures yet, but OMG!! :D
Pics or it doesnt exist! ;)
Are you racing it or is it a play bike....
I think they did a good thing by bringing the glory back aspecially redone, I also think 6-8 is the major market that vendors will start to use as a standard with freeride versions and DH versions (obvioulsey lol) part of the reason aside of the V-10 theres not a ton of LT monsters out there but shorter travel bikes with better wheelpath and suspension comapanies as of the last couple of years have started to work with frames directly to dial a tune in for them. Ie ELKA especially, the 3 tunes of vivid...
Its good to see our industry moving forward even in this economy.

In the offroad industry (desert trucks) we have always tried to dial in a better suspension tuning vs more travel.

Oh and PICS!!!!

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Still waiting for the gold ano linkages & rear drop outs from the anodiser,frame will get a Rock Shox vivid incl gold ano Ti spring(Diverse or Obtainium).

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Still waiting for the gold ano linkages & rear drop outs from the anodiser,frame will get a Rock Shox vivid incl gold ano Ti spring(Diverse or Obtainium).

Nice looking good job on stripping it!

Thats a HUGE BB area, they could make additional BB mounts there so you can move your cranks forward or back! :eek:

Post some pics when its assembled... Lookin good:thumb:

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
How are you getting th Ti Spring anodised?

Any one done it before
The Ti spring goes to the anodiser and it goes into a anodising bath,they gonna put it under voltage.Depending on the right voltage used the molecules that are in the spring will change from color,it's a very natural process and the spring will look eaven beter than the Titanium color.

I don't think it's been done before,seen 1 with red and brown Ti spring but that's with car paint since you can't get red and brown out of Titanium it self

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
The Ti spring goes to the anodiser and it goes into a anodising bath,they gonna put it under voltage.Depending on the right voltage used the molecules that are in the spring will change from color,it's a very natural process and the spring will look eaven beter than the Titanium color.

I don't think it's been done before,seen 1 with red and brown Ti spring but that's with car paint since you can't get red and brown out of Titanium it self
Hes right we used to ano ti bolts iso8000 for a sattelite company out of france.
You can pick your color based on voltage LOL its pretty frickin sweet I used to have a bunch of bolts that were Ti and various colors from rainbows to green and blues/purples.

Its not real strong as far as wear resistance but then again the face of the spring isnt reaaly going to see any wear...

Itll be cool, good job thijnking outside the box I hadnt even though of ano-ing any of my ti springs in the past! :thumb:

jammie654

Chimp
Dec 15, 2009
Scotland
LOL, I know how anodising works ;)

Was wondering if anyone had done it before, Hmm i want mine done now, Show off my obtainium Spring even more :D

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Anodising Ti stuff will also work with diet coke,you get the same result with the same voltage but the color will be dull.

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Anodising Ti stuff will also work with diet coke,you get the same result with the same voltage but the color will be dull.
SO basically get a 18v battery and a coat hanger, pour a 2 litre bottle of coke into a plastic bin.
Take the positive lead and put in the coke, take the negative and ground the coat hanger with parts on it. Stick hanger into coke with parts on it totally submerged and wait.....
There you have a RAW ti ano line LOL.
Other way is a dialed controlled rectifier like a big train reostat for power input, I dont recomend this as its not a controlled enviornment but I do know guys that ano with the car battery set up for small aluminum parts and set up little dye tanks out of coolers... Seen alot of stuff :D
:D

Last edited: