Quantcast

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Why the hate? The frame might be a bit old dated, same for using a dc on a ht but it's still a mint looking bike. I like it.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
sweet i want one of those scotts bad they look like the most fun do anything frame ever. If i could justify a fun bike along side my race bike I think I'd get one

zerotoseven7

Chimp
Mar 23, 2011
Originally Posted by norbar
Why the hate? The frame might be a bit old dated, same for using a dc on a ht but it's still a mint looking bike. I like it.
Thx norbar..lots to learn before move on to full sus..n save cost to..as i cn transfer all the item if i upgrade to full sus.

MartinS

Chimp
Jan 17, 2009
Fernie
Here's my toy, no changes for '11, fast and smooth and problem free.

DSC_0633.JPG

DSC_0634.JPG

DSC_0635.JPG

Banshee Legend (L)
Saint drivetrain
Formula Ones
Burgtec 60mm stem and rear hub
Chromag bars
Straightline pedals
Gamut P30
Dorado

Don't know what it weighs, don't care, it holds up to the rocky terrain I have to deal with.

dh-noob

Chimp
Sep 17, 2007
Germany
That looks seriously awesome though I'd lower the boxxers a bit. They seem a bit high.
I put in the boxxer out of the box. didn't change the lowers. it is already quite low with that integrated headset.
- awesome bike what the frame/complete weigh in at?
I've no exact scales, but i tried it with my bathroom scales and the result was 16,7-16,8 kg (about 37).

I'll change the saint cranks (which a friend borrowed me) and put on a slx, which saves another 150g and the stem (which is also heavy and just borrowed) i'going to swap. I think I'll loose another 0.65 pound (300g)

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Here's my toy, no changes for '11, fast and smooth and problem free.

View attachment 103698

View attachment 103699

View attachment 103700

Banshee Legend (L)
Saint drivetrain
Formula Ones
Burgtec 60mm stem and rear hub
Chromag bars
Straightline pedals
Gamut P30
Dorado

Don't know what it weighs, don't care, it holds up to the rocky terrain I have to deal with.
That's an awesome legend. What wheels are those? Also you must be quite tall if you need a 60mm stem or is the L really not that super long?

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
heres my fr/dh hard tail and my ss all mountain bike

also a pic of the frame im getting for a mini dh bike

P.S. any one know were i can get the iscg tabs for this there removable and my buddy lost them.

MartinS

Chimp
Jan 17, 2009
Fernie
That's an awesome legend. What wheels are those? Also you must be quite tall if you need a 60mm stem or is the L really not that super long?
The rims are Funn Descenders, basically Sun MTX's with heavy paint - but pretty cheap - if I wreck them I'll get something lighter as they are morbidly obese but for now they'll do.
I'm 6'4" with shortish legs for my height, the current setup fits me perfectly with the Chromag OSX 31" bars.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Seriously? They Are 8*x4* vs, 8*x5*. I couldn't tell the difference.
Come on man, this is "AngleMonkey."

For whatever reason, the Atlas bars just feel a little flatter, no matter where I roll them. The Chromags feel more natural, like I'm not tweaking my wrists. I did the fake extension test with my grips too...

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
My Giant Glory with some new parts

- E13 SRS parts on a LS1 backplate
- Mozartt Bashguard with 2 gold & 2 black chainring bolts
- Formula R1 brakes which im gonna be testing during the whole DH season in bikeparks & races,need to mount 203mm rotors though
- 5sp Dura Ace cassette
- KMC X10SL Gold