Quantcast

Post Your Morewoods!

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio

There's my new to me '07 izimu. New fork is in the plans for '09 but this 180mm Travis has treated me pretty well so far.

Last edited:

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Better yet is that an 08 in red? Very snazzy.
It's actually an '07. I know the pics suck, but I am a lame photographer! My only gripe about the bike is that, even for a 'large' size frame, it's actually pretty small for somewhat tall guy like me (6'0). It makes the bike super manoeuvrable and way easy to jump and throw around.

Last edited:

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
are you using it as a do everything/mini dh bike or as a slalom/4x machien
Yeah, it's pretty much used for everything except xc riding (can't get proper leg extension on it). Most of the stuff I do on it is DJ's, bombing down 1min downhills, 4x, slalom (but there isn't that much available here to do *exactly* that, not even one race... except the Bromont and Ste-Anne world cups). It serves its purpose really well, tough I'd like to use it on a real dual or 4x course.

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
It's actually an '07. Other pic. I know the pics suck, but I am a lame photographer! My only gripe about the bike is that, even for a 'large' size frame, it's actually pretty small for somewhat tall guy like me (6'1). It makes the bike super manoeuvrable and way easy to jump and throw around.
Hmmm... I thought that the 07 didn't have cable guides on the down tube, or the seat tube gusset.
2007:

2008:

Last edited:

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Hmmm... I thought that the 07 didn't have cable guides on the down tube, or the seat tube gusset.
Umm, maybe you're right about that. The frame was actually owned before me by a guy racing 4x for the Lama Cycles racing team in Québec. Soo, I know they got their frames directly from Morewood (hence the custom red color). Maybe it's an 07 with a couple of the 08 features on it.

how does the izimu ride with the avy?

It was oversprung and over damped at 1st (was running a 450 and i'm 190).
Finally got it running sweet with less valving and a 350 spring.

For the record i have ridden other izimu's with a DHX and profro's which has a CCDB.:brows:

I would love to try a Vivid of course but this shock is burly and tough.

What kills me is the set ups guys are posting as they seem WAY too stiff.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Here's a photo of one of our models posing with mine:

Ndiza HT, sort of rare

Here I am doing an unplanned dismount off of mine:
Fly fatass Fly!

And here it is last winter with its blue tires:

primo661

Monkey
Jun 16, 2008
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
I should have taken some pics for you guys when i was at the factory on friday. After riding the makulu throughout its developement starting in early 07 up until the final test bikes that patrick and fabien rode this year, i have come to the conclusion that it is the best bike i have ever ridden. Im sooo envious of all you guys that will be getting one.

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
Ditto, Mike that Izimu is so nice. How are you liking the Mich 24/16 combo? are you running them tubeless? Have you ever weighed your Izimu?

I was running mine really stiff to begin with and found that although it feels slower, running it plush carries more speed through the really rough stuff. To each their own though. You're probably a hell of a lot faster than me anyway.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Ditto, Mike that Izimu is so nice. How are you liking the Mich 24/16 combo? are you running them tubeless? Have you ever weighed your Izimu?

I was running mine really stiff to begin with and found that although it feels slower, running it plush carries more speed through the really rough stuff. To each their own though. You're probably a hell of a lot faster than me anyway.
Thats actually a 32/16 combo pictured. I had it tubeless and its an awesome setup for monster trucking race courses. Right now its got a 2.5 DH16 in front and a 2.2 DH16 in the rear, full tubeless and I'm diggin it.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
its so so nice i want one. Can someone get rid of this whole credit crunch global slow down so i can afford one.

Speedwa

Chimp
Jul 24, 2008
PNW
Heres my newly built up Izimu. I have rode it for about a week and I am in love. I will have some ride pics when I bring a camera. Its too dark to take pics around here lately

Attachments