Quantcast

Post Your Morewoods!

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
kinda looks tall compared to the older ones, they change anything? maybe just the shock mount

I've been thinking the same thing but I think its just the new shock mount that puts the piggyback on top instead of on the bottom. I'm sure mine's gonna look sick in person either way!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Cecil and others inspired the choice to shorten the travel a little bit so it would match up with the Lyrik I got for it. I popped for an Elka because I liked the idea of a shock more tuned for the frame and the ease of adjustability. So far it feels really nice.
The build looks sick and I know you will be happy with it. It was a very fun bike to own!!!!

Cecil:thumb:

RedOne

Monkey
May 27, 2007
Nuremberg, Germany
Does your rear wheel hit the seat tube on bottom out, with the shock shuttle in the forward position?
On my large 2008 Izimu this happens at 190mm/7.5" in travel.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Yeah it does on really hard hits, but not often. Most of the time I rock it in the middle position, I like the quick snappy handling and not-so-low bb height so I can pedal.

RedOne

Monkey
May 27, 2007
Nuremberg, Germany
Yeah it does on really hard hits, but not often. Most of the time I rock it in the middle position, I like the quick snappy handling and not-so-low bb height so I can pedal.
I'm riding it in the middle position, but with headangle reducer cups installed.
Feels a bit different from riding the bike with standard headset cups and shock shuttle in the slack setting.
In combination with the pushed Roco it is hard to jump, but it's stable as hell when going fast through the rough stuff.

Btw. Nice build!

Last edited:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Does the DB matter performance-wise how you mount it? I've got the same frame and shock but I have mine mounted with the reservoir at the front.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Its the one with 5.7" travel. I don't think they do the ST and LT stuff anymore, just one model of the Shova. Kenan, I wouldn't think it would matter at all. Mine just came with the hardware already mounted on the shock in that orientation, so I didn't it like that.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Love that paint job on the Ndiza! Curious about the weight. About 30?

Mine in the gate!

Last edited:

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
Love that paint job on the Ndiza! Curious about the weight. About 30?

Mine in the gate!
Haven't put it on a scale but I would guess its about 32lbs+... Keep in mind it has a mini CCDB with steel spring and a pretty solid wheelset.

Full suspension Ndiza in a BMX start gate is badass!

Yep. I wanted that frame since the first time I saw it from Sea Otter last year. That is the most badass color.
Its the most fun frame I have ever ridden. From AM, XC, DJ and smooth DH it is a blast. As you probably already figured out (based on the Sea Otter comment) this is Gerrit's old frame. I really like the color too.

I do miss my white 2008 Ndiza though, that bike was sharp.

Note: The Fox RP23 was flipped after this photo to reduce the sprung weight, as discussed earlier with the CCDB.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
The seat tube length was my one gripe with the Ndiza. I loved mine but I wish I could have done a bit of trail riding on it. I would get another one if the large had a little longer seat tube.