Quantcast

poutine - the mega thread

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
That burger is one of the most greasy looking things i have ever seen.

And poutine is one of the most sickening things i have ever eaten, deep fried chips covered in cheese and fatty lard gravy, gross.

I think the only thing i have eaten that was more greasy and fatty was deep fried mars bars.
hahahaha funny you should mention deep friend mars bars, one time we just got a bunch of different chocolate bars and deep friend them. dangerous dans just added deep friend mars bars to there menu recently.

check out there menu for the ultimate fattening
www.dangerousdansdiner.com

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
Stratos poutine sucks, buy from Chez Ashton if you want the real deal, they invented poutine as we know it!
I just has Ashton twice this past weekend while in Quebec City visiting the inlaws. It's always the first thing we want to do when we get there. So good!

snaky69

Monkey
Feb 10, 2007
Quebec, Canada
Poutine from Chez Ashton is unbeatable, somewhat on the expensive side though.

Another one is the one from Le Resto Chef Café on "rue de la faune". If you buy a "small" poutine, it'll set you back 8 bucks, and it comes in a plat that is almost a foot long, about 6-8 inches across and 2-3 inches high, full. Pretty damn good too!

Poutine is made of freshly cut fries(large ones if possible) fried nice and brown(needs older oil) with a form of gravy(not the kind of gravy you'd use with turkey, it is slightly spicier, maybe a pinch of pepper in there? no one knows Ashton's recipe for sure) and gouda or cheddar fresh cheese, cheese that still squeaks in your mouth when you bite down on it.

If done properly, the fries should be put in the plate first, followed by the cheese, then the sauce, there should be enough to cover the fries and cheese, but not so much that the fries become sloppy. The cheese should be slightly softened by the warmth of the sauce and fries. One can put sausages, chicken, or even ground beef on top for an even more "nourishing" taste.

Poutine is the pinnacle of Quebec's gastronomy, it makes my rider's stomach happy.