Quantcast

Pray ┌‍∩‍┐‍(‍◣‍_‍◢‍)‍┌‍∩‍┐ day

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Holy hell tiring day. Crepes and chocolate croissants for the girls, scrambled eggs for me. I'd never survive France.

Started the part swap from Wifey's bike and figured I should rebuild the fork for Haley at the same time. A buddy had some 0wt fork oil, which I used in the rebuild, and it's night and day. Before, on the Float RL, she barely got 30mm of travel used. The rebuild to 0wt on the RLC, with compression wide open, she's getting closer to 70mm. Still not close bottoming out, but enough that after she came back from her first test she was aware of the difference. She was doing square hits to the curb and said that it feels much better and controlled.

So for the guys with kids on adult parts - rebuild the fork with way lighter oil. It's immediately noticable as better.

What does suck though is that when I pulled her fork out to swap them, the headset disintegrated. It's a tapered frame, but 1.125" steerer. The race was for a 1.5" fork, so it never sealed the bottom of the HS. Plus it was super dry to boot. Need to get a new HS now. At this point, I'm swapping out of things from the original bike, at a ridiculous pace - bars, stem, HS, post, saddle, tires, cranks, pedals, fork, grips, and have cable/housing on deck. I don't see much else changing hopefully.

Also zoo. Haley decided to be the self-designated seal expert. Hilarious.

Overall, I'm fucking exhausted.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
A) that video had me cracking up
B) I didn't know that was a real auction and somebody was going to pay 1600 for a shifter and brake. I think I paid 1450 for my entire Force setup with a 10-33 cassette.
A.1) There's a clip from the Movie set to 'Holy Diver' by Dio on YouTube, it's Rodney's Pink Floyd/Wizard of Oz. Even funnier because the pairing then falls to pieces once at a certain point.
B.2) Literally, there are no major components in stock. And alot of these separated groupsets will state 'does not include battery', which means best of luck getting an OE charger. Looks like there's some battery warmers for sale though, just not from SRAM.