Quantcast

Previously Soon (then)

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Correct. ACR, so 1.5" bearing top and bottom for cable tourism.
I wish they would find another solution for this. Also other manufacturers are guilty of putting this large head tubes on slim looking ti frames. Solutions like the new system from Comumbus hopefully will change this in the future.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Apparently I decided to replace my old (16ish year old 2x10) trainer bike with another rim based roadie. Decided I wanted something very close to the geo of the Road Ti, but rim and no integration to make it easy if I want to easily travel with it on works trips.

SL6 frameset heading my way, regular as the S-Works are >3x more $ and most seem to have chain drop damage.

Cheap set of DT Swiss mid-range wheels and some direct mount calipers already acquired. Already have the crankset in spares, so brifters and cassette to track down cheap. Need to decide on cockpit.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I too sooned an inverted necrotic ballsack.

PXL_20241019_211204309.jpg

PXL_20241019_195401431~3.jpg

Went with GRX as the best available mechanical group set, not because I care anything about gravel. It is the more pragmatic Allroad as race geometry sucks for this urban chaos/decay. Setup is pretty goofy right now but my left shoulder is mostly bone chips and hamburger, will get it dialed in after that all turns to scar tissue.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I too sooned an inverted necrotic ballsack.

View attachment 220295

View attachment 220296

Went with GRX as the best available mechanical group set, not because I care anything about gravel. It is the more pragmatic Allroad as race geometry sucks for this urban chaos/decay. Setup is pretty goofy right now but my left shoulder is mostly bone chips and hamburger, will get it dialed in after that all turns to scar tissue.
I like almost every part of this. What tires are you running? 5000 AS TR 35? I picked up a spec crux that is darn similar to this (nowhere near as nice) but similar in concept. Just considering new tires at this point.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I like almost every part of this. What tires are you running? 5000 AS TR 35? I picked up a spec crux that is darn similar to this (nowhere near as nice) but similar in concept. Just considering new tires at this point.
I was trying to find some AS cheap for my new build, but might just grab some gently used normal 28mm 5000's off CL that someone has listed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yes but in 30mm.

First time on road tubeless, haven't done a proper ride yet but certainly feels smoother and faster than the 32mm tires on my ancient Roubaix.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
New to me SL6 rim frame turned up, NDS chainstay appears to have been repaired or something funky as the carbon isn't remotely smooth. Goddammit.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
New to me SL6 rim frame turned up, NDS chainstay appears to have been repaired or something funky as the carbon isn't remotely smooth. Goddammit.

One of the reasons I replaced my old Roubaix is because of some seat stay damage that will probably become a issue at some point. Also not selling it because I can't in good faith pass that on to someone else. Also why I went with titanium this go round.