Quantcast

Profile 150 x 12 Rear hub Proto Dh hub!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
^I thought I was alone in not liking loud hubs. I've never owned a high engagement hub so I'm content with my normal engagement, nearly silent, and very low drag DT 240s (they're super light too). However, I'm told that once you get used to a near instant engagement hub you can't go back. Is the True Precision Stealth the only quick engagement hub that doesn't make a lot of noise and drag when coasting?
Hadleys are pretty quiet. Not on par with the Profiles in terms of engagement, but they're up there.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
My King hubs are really quiet too, almost silent really.
My road hub is loud.

my king is near silent too, thicker grease seems to quiet these more than others for some reason
I gotta say using any grease thicker than the King lube can cause real problems. I tried it once with bad results. I assume you've seen the inside works of a King rear hub? Thick grease kept those gears from meshing and caused the hub to skip and not engage.

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
^I thought I was alone in not liking loud hubs. I've never owned a high engagement hub so I'm content with my normal engagement, nearly silent, and very low drag DT 240s (they're super light too). However, I'm told that once you get used to a near instant engagement hub you can't go back. Is the True Precision Stealth the only quick engagement hub that doesn't make a lot of noise and drag when coasting?
Have a high engaging hub (hope pro II trials/ss) and a regular 18pt dt swiss... much prefer the quiet, standard engagement.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Will you be able to simply slip in a new freehub or whatever its called to take advantage of that in the Hope hub?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Will you be able to simply slip in a new freehub or whatever its called to take advantage of that in the Hope hub?
no idea. it was shown at eurobike but they didn't indicated. i don't see why it wouldn't be compatible, they were showing it as a revision to the pro 2 platform

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
just did a google - in the comments on the bikerumor article someone inquired to hope about backwards compatibility and apparently the new freehub won't work with older hubs.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
They said it wasn't reverse compatible. I think the mod is on the hubshell, not the pawls.

if you want more points, I'd just do udi's 2x mod.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
lol..."can I just buy a new freehub and slip it in"

"yes, when you slip out the entire rest of the hub, and spokes, you can just slip the new freehub in, then the new hub body, then all the spokes, and retension them"

easy peasy!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

"yes, when you slip out the entire rest of the hub, and spokes, you can just slip the new freehub in, then the new hub body, then all the spokes, and retension them"

easy peasy!
I was referring to buying a better hub to begin with instead of restoring to turd polish

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY

easy peasy!
You say you don't want it, then you slip it on it!