Quantcast

Push'd Boxxer Kit

SthFRider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2008
Atlanta,Ga
Is anyone running one? How do you like? Was it easy to install yourself? or would you take it somewhere? Reason im asking is im getting one for christmas, i hope. Just trying to get some real world feedback. My rear shock is push'd and i love it. Hopefully the boxxer kit will be just as nice. Cheers

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
If you are unsure that you can handle it, and want to get the most out of the upgrade I would suggest sending it to Push.

PUSH Factory Installation Factory Fork System
Rather have a pro trained technician install our Factory Fork System and evaluate your fork? Have an experienced PUSH Technician install your kit while also giving your fork a complete overhaul and inspection for wear. With the right tools for the job you won't find a more comprehensive rebuild of your fork. Complete with parts and labor for $249.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I have the upgrade and love it.

Worth the money for sure, my fork feels a lot better now. If you want more info do a search since this has been discussed before.

If you have to ask about the instal I wouldn't do it yourself.

Commencal-guy

Monkey
Nov 25, 2007
Massachusetts, US of A
Got the pushed kit for my boxxer and I have too say it was one of the best upgrades i've done in along time. I was skeptical at first. I remember getting my DHX 5.0 pushed a while back and was not impressed at all. So is it worth it?
Yes. It definantly enhances the suspension. Very easy to install. Its just like rebuilding the Boxxer, except with swapping the rebound port with the pushed version. If you dont feel confident then just send it out to Pushed to do it, although paying that extra isn't worth it in my opinion.

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
Got the pushed kit for my boxxer and I have too say it was one of the best upgrades i've done in along time. I was skeptical at first. I remember getting my DHX 5.0 pushed a while back and was not impressed at all. So is it worth it?
Yes. It definantly enhances the suspension. Very easy to install. Its just like rebuilding the Boxxer, except with swapping the rebound port with the pushed version. If you dont feel confident then just send it out to Pushed to do it, although paying that extra isn't worth it in my opinion.
I'm stoked that you like the BoXXer setup. Did you ever contact us regarding a re-tune of your DHX after you had it setup. If you're not happy we want to work with you.

Darren

Commencal-guy

Monkey
Nov 25, 2007
Massachusetts, US of A
I'm stoked that you like the BoXXer setup. Did you ever contact us regarding a re-tune of your DHX after you had it setup. If you're not happy we want to work with you.

Darren
Thanks alot Darren, but the shocks long gone this was back in early 2008. Got the vivid now :thumb:

but yes customer service from Push is 110% reliable... Nicest guys you'll ever talk too .

SthFRider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2008
Atlanta,Ga
Awesome. Well its offical i got the kit for christmas. A little early but couldn't help it. Can't wait to get it installed. Cheers

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks alot Darren, but the shocks long gone this was back in early 2008. Got the vivid now
Okay that's cool. If you're interested I'd be happy to make it up to you with a little help on the cost of tuning your VIVID. If you're interested let me know.

Darren
dm@pushindustries.com

Awesome. Well its offical i got the kit for christmas. A little early but couldn't help it. Can't wait to get it installed. Cheers
Enjoy!:thumb:

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
Yo PUSHIND-

Rode my buddies Pushed DHX last month and it felt awsome! I want to have my '09 Vivid Pushed this winter and will contact when ready...Any kits available for a 2010 Boxxer WC???:thumb:

m.m.w.

Chimp
Jun 23, 2009
I'm riding a lower spring rate or air pressure than Rock Shox recommends for my weight. I guess I should choose the PUSH kit that belongs to my spring rate rather than taking the one for my actual weight. Right?

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Well the new boxxer has a completely different damping system that addresses many of the same things the Push tune does for the older version. Do you have a new Boxxer that you are unhappy with? What do you want it to do differently? IF push made a tune for this fork, are sure that it would address what you see as the shortcommings of the 10+ boxxer?

To give a total off the cuff, means absolutely nothing to anyone guess....I sould say 3 years from now. That has been about the average time between initial product introduction, and push offering a finished turn key solution to the issues they have learned over that time. (look at the products that they offer solutions for, and the initial product release dates...)

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
How about a PUSH upgrade for the '10 race.... it being the older damper system and all, id buy it!

m.m.w.

Chimp
Jun 23, 2009
PUSH recommends high strength Loctite 266 for installation. 266 is hardly available for me. Will 270 or 2701 work as well?

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Any permanent loctite will work. If I was home I would tell you the exact one I used which Darren confirmed would work fine.

You want a permament one that will resist oil.

I wasted a entire morning going to every hardware, auto and tractor store looking for 266 loctite with no luck. Lucky for me my crappy Blackberry is good for one thing, surfing the web. I did some research and purchased the next best thing to loctite 266. Emailed Darren he said it would work fine.

You will ove the upgrade!

m.m.w.

Chimp
Jun 23, 2009
I thought it might be something special, isn't it applied on a plastic thread? Would be cool if you have a look at the one you used then. :thumb:

m.m.w.

Chimp
Jun 23, 2009
Just disassembled. Here's mine (09 model). And it's not plastic, just black aluminium.
Thanks boogenman, let me know if you're wrong with the stuff.

Attachments

SthFRider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2008
Atlanta,Ga
I installed my push kit last night and all the parts push gives you are machined aluminum. Expect the seals and stuff obviously. Can't wait to test it out tomorrow. I can already feel a difference just riding on the street. way to go push.

RedOne

Monkey
May 27, 2007
Nuremberg, Germany
I'm stoopid for thinking that was plastic. I was drinking the beer at a good pace when I did the swap.
Assembly beer (or how do you call it?) is always a good thing.

I installed my push kit last night and all the parts push gives you are machined aluminum. Expect the seals and stuff obviously. Can't wait to test it out tomorrow. I can already feel a difference just riding on the street. way to go push.
I'm still waiting for my kit. Ordered it from TF December the 26th. But ordered a few other things with it. Seals, mount kits, bushings.

And they have a snow chaos in England atm.

Last edited:

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Or you could consider not posting if you have nothing better than **** to pour out of your mouth.

Really? :rolleyes:

Did you even read Davep's post, which was painfully straight forward? (even for the omgjustpushyourproblemsaway crowd) The 10' Team and WC solve virtually every shortcoming of the 06'-09' Boxxer. Why would you put an aftermarket rebound damper (voiding your highly valuable 2-year warranty in the process) in a base model fork and still be left with an old compression damper, for close to the same price as a Team in the end? The only oral defecation in this thread is from you, getting all puffed up over a post from a month ago? Relax, it's the internet.

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
So if the Race in the UK is £600, and the Team is £900, and the Push kit is £140....... im seeing a major money hole here....