Quantcast

Pushed Boxxer

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Interesting kit, but I would be more inclined to see if Avalanche offers a supposed damper kit that offered a more tunable true shimmed compression circuit. The Moco is leaps better than a fixed orifice damper, but also has it limits.

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
to try to clear things up...this is the complete kit in the attached image. It is a rebound assembly which has a secondary compression feature built into the backside of the piston. This is normally where you'll find the replenish circuit of the damper but for this application we do generate some additional compression force to make the fork stay up in it's travel during successive deep stroke impacts.

As some of you saw in the original littermag piece, we do have a complete drop in compression unit that we use in our forks here at PUSH. This increased the cost of the kit significantly so we opted to start with the rebound assembly which proved to be such a great performance tune. If the demand and interest merited it, we can still easily manufacture the compression unit for the aftermarket as an item that you could just drop in. For now, we're really stoked on how this kit works and what it brings to an already great product.

Bottom line, we were looking at a way of offering a hi-performance product for the older generation BoXXer that wouldn't break the bank and was user friendly. We feel that we accomplished that goal.

Darren

Attachments

Last edited:

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
Yes, as with all of our items, the kits will be available through both DirtWorks as well as TF Tuned in the UK shortly.

Darren

YoPawn

Chimp
Aug 13, 2009
to try to clear things up...this is the complete kit in the attached image. It is a rebound assembly which has a secondary compression feature built into the backside of the piston. This is normally where you'll find the replenish circuit of the damper but for this application we do generate some additional compression force to make the fork stay up in it's travel during successive deep stroke impacts.

As some of you saw in the original littermag piece, we do have a complete drop in compression unit that we use in our forks here at PUSH. This increased the cost of the kit significantly so we opted to start with the rebound assembly which proved to be such a great performance tune. If the demand and interest merited it, we can still easily manufacture the compression unit for the aftermarket as an item that you could just drop in. For now, we're really stoked on how this kit works and what it brings to an already great product.

Bottom line, we were looking at a way of offering a hi-performance product for the older generation BoXXer that wouldn't break the bank and was user friendly. We feel that we accomplished that goal.

Darren
In theory. Could this system work on my Lyrik U-turn Motion Control IS? It's basically the same damper used in the boxxer forks, I believe. I really feel like my fork needs a shimmed rebound for better performance.

Thoughts? or would I be better off with upgrading it to mission control?

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Non-adjustable midvalve? Just the single springrate/checkplate? Or is that for the rebound side?

mullet_dew

Monkey
Mar 22, 2009
Bellingham WA
In theory. Could this system work on my Lyrik U-turn Motion Control IS? It's basically the same damper used in the boxxer forks, I believe. I really feel like my fork needs a shimmed rebound for better performance.

This is for the pre-2010 Boxxers with 32mm stanchions, maybe a pike though, maybe.

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
n theory. Could this system work on my Lyrik U-turn Motion Control IS? It's basically the same damper used in the boxxer forks, I believe. I really feel like my fork needs a shimmed rebound for better performance.

We have a Lyrik kit as well that we'll be bringing to market later in the year that is quite different from this.

Hey Darren, if i send my fork for the factory installation, am I gonna get a more custom tunes shim stack for my exact weight than the DIY kit?
Yeah, I misspoke in an earlier post I now realize after talking with a few people on the phone. This package has been built with the end user in mind. That being said, riders who are familiar with suspension setup, mid-valves, etc. will be able to make subtle tweaks to get the most out of the package. We're going to work hard at providing information through the support tab that will help guide people who already have a basic knowledge of how these systems work. The advantage to sending the fork to us or to someone like TF Tuned to have it installed would be that those subtle tweaks get setup from the get go without you needing to have an intimate working knowledge of the system. This is also why we have the kits available to order by rider weight. We do this so that when you get the kit, the main valving has already been preset here at the Factory to allow you to get out and ride.

Non-adjustable midvalve? Just the single springrate/checkplate? Or is that for the rebound side?
The mid valve does have a small variance of adjustment but overall has been optimized around our piston port volume and being able to run the fork with the motion control set to full soft without cavitation.

Darren

Brad23

Monkey
Jan 9, 2004
West Oakland
I'm personally kinda bummed about the kit...I got a race instead of a team because I thought a whole damper would be available due to the littermag info.
Oh well, I guess I need to save my $$ right now anyway.

Please consider this my vote and interest in a whole damper kit, and if your looking for any feedback on preproduction kits I'd be happy to sign up as a grassroots racer.

Brad Katz
Oaklyn Republic

See you guys at N*,... Boondocks this weekend!!

Commencal-guy

Monkey
Nov 25, 2007
Massachusetts, US of A
I installed my push kit in my Boxxer yesterday, and I must say.... WOW It feels a whole lot better then the stock. Before the kit, I had some issues with the solo air side topping out once in a while, so I would run 7 or 7.5 wt oil in the MC side. But with the Push kit, with just plain 5 wt oil the fork doesn't top out. Riding on trails the fork feels very controlled. It doesn't brake dive, or pack up at high speeds. It takes on the hard square edge hits as if it was nothing. The dampner transitions very well too all sorts of terrain you thrash at it. The small - bump- sensitivity was very impressive. The fork felt buttery smooth right when I jumped on it to take a spin. The things I noticed instantly riding the fork was that it is a bit slower on the rebound then the stock, but not too slow where it creates an issue. The rate the fork rebounds is just perfect. It feels linear compared to the inconsistent stock ported dampener. Installation was a piece of cake, push couldn't have been more clearer in how to install the kit. Overall I haven't changed any of my forks settings except for running zero turns of floodgate. weighing at 165lbs Im currently running, 150 psi with 3 clicks in of LSC and 0 turns of Floodgate. With the rebound set too the fastest. I highly recommend this kit to anyone. You won't be disappointed. Thanks Pushedv:thumb:

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Darren,

If you where to produce the compression side for the boxxers what sort of money would you be talking?
Taking into account that its basically a push fork then after that.

Commencal-guy

Monkey
Nov 25, 2007
Massachusetts, US of A
**** me, does it even move?:shocked:

I'm 155lb and I run 75psi and very, very rarely get full travel.

Yea it feels perfect for the trails that I ride here. I used to run 100psi with 3 clicks of LSC, and 1 turn of floodgate, but the fork drove wayyy too much. Even then I didn't bottom.

Now I have the speedstack out, with 1 preload spacer glued underneath my air cap to help the fork ramp up a bit. It feels amazing I love it.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I finally got to put a few laps in on mine this weekend. It really does feel good but I'll hold off my final judgement for after I replace my rebound rod.

The fork sits higher in the travel and seems to have more low speed compression but still feels good for small bumps. It felt better to me under braking and in g-outs and jumps and never felt skittish in rough or loose corners. That might just be that the trails are great right now and last weekend they were wet and greasy so the comparision isn't exactly apples/apples.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I installed mine today, it went really easy but I could not get loctite 266:confused:
I used a red from a different make, is that ok?

The fork feels totally different for the parking lot test, a lot slower. I took it for a couple runs on a crappy hike a bike run and it felt good. I can't wait to get it out on a real run.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I installed mine today, it went really easy but I could not get loctite 266:confused:
I used a red from a different make, is that ok?

The fork feels totally different for the parking lot test, a lot slower. I took it for a couple runs on a crappy hike a bike run and it felt good. I can't wait to get it out on a real run.
you better be coming this weekend then!

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
We will not be there this weekend. We are going to party like rockstars all weekend in Ellicottville, NY for the annual Fall Fest/Octoberfest they have there.

http://www.ellicottvilleny.com/

www.ellicottvillebrewing.com

The Wife's dad has a shop right in town where we will be staying in his motorhome Friday, Saturday and maybe even Sunday night.

Doughboy and Dr. Noodlestooth are also going to be getting wild and crazy drunk all weekend with us.

See you at the last race fluffy.