Quantcast

Push's $2,600 fork is absurd

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Mountain Hedge Fund Managers
Curiously, I know two or three that really, truly ride. And they are smart fuckers, they would not be interested in being early adaptors just because they can. That said, you would have absolutely no idea of what they did if you rode all day with them, they like to talk about bikes and shit.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Curiously, I know two or three that really, truly ride. And they are smart fuckers, they would not be interested in being early adaptors just because they can. That said, you would have absolutely no idea of what they did if you rode all day with them, they like to talk about bikes and shit.
One of the best things about riding bikes with people is it doesn't really matter or come into the conversation too often what people do for work.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Wow!!! (Love the witt)
Holy shit...didn't know Darren's fork had food related , Conservative rapper influenced conversation..but now I want one...the possibilities it will ensure in person and not internet have me wildly excited...I'm going for bigfoot thoughts, aliens, and what Jerry springers interview went like with the Virgin Mary...

Screw riding it, the random thoughts outweigh its performance
Get it, then adapt an Avy cart to fit it just to annoy Push.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Yesterday was a special one, one to remember. I will preface this by saying that I don’t have any affiliation with PUSH.

Every Saturday, the boys and me meet up at the secret Santa Monica trail spot after our weekly 18-hole. I had eaten waayyyy too many burritos for diner, but that’s not relevant to this post here. Everyone was ready and I like to do my usual 110$ cigar light-up (100$ bill, 9$+ tax cigar) while setting up my bike after everyone is ready and they’re waiting for me. I like to think that they like the smell of burning money and cheap cigars while I cough setting up my fork pressure.

Anyway. I spit the last cigar bits off my mouth and we head down this sick blue trail that starts from the secret Santa Monica trail spot’s parking lot. This one usually leaves some dark lines in my shorts (inside not outside HAHAHA) but I still enjoy it. Maybe that’s too much detail, but I’m getting to the point now.

We pin it down the trail and it was my first ride on my brand new PUSH Nine.One. Whoa. I literally could.not.feel.the.trail. Magic carpet ride. It worked sooo well, could not feel the trail. I. Could. Not. Feel. The. Trail. It was awesome!

A few minutes after my friends on their rigid singlespeeds, I reach the bottom on the trail and they were already loading their bikes on their racks (their car’s racks of course HAHAHA). I start telling them how awesome it was not to feel the trail and obviously being jalous because they ride rigid bikes, they would not listen to me. I did the classic « pull-on-the-bars-without-pedalling » wheelie and fell down sideways, the fork badly damaging its brake-side stanktion right on a massive rock. How unlucky, but we laughed soooo hard!! HAHAHA we had a great time on that trail, and that’s all that mattered to us, since we are not materialistic people.

I got back home and unloaded my bike. Looked at the fork and shed a few tears for the nice time we had together. Removed it from my steed and slowly walked outside to give it to some random kid riding his bike on the street. Went back inside, installed another PUSH Nine.One fork from my spare parts stash and lit up another 110$ cigar. LIFE IS SIIIICKKKK.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Imagine being Darren, waking up and thinking "Fuck, I better see what those cunts on Ridemonkey are writing about our fork."

As a fat white middle aged guy with a weird bike, I'd be more than happy to review a Nine.One for them.

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
Hey Darren, your video drop today with the adjustable travel was pretty cool. :thumb:
What you would expect from the most advanced suspension fork to hit the trail. :sarcastic:

It should also be noted that each NINE.ONE front fork ships with a precision machined top cap tool.... only available in anodized ROOTBEER! This tool is necessary to access the damper cartridge when adding MOAR SHIMZ. o_O :D:D

20240221_111449.jpg

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
What you would expect from the most advanced suspension fork to hit the trail. :sarcastic:

It should also be noted that each NINE.ONE front fork ships with a precision machined top cap tool.... only available in anodized ROOTBEER! This tool is necessary to access the damper cartridge when adding MOAR SHIMZ. o_O :D:D

View attachment 208909
I think what you guys are doing is awesome. This fork doesn't quite fit my uses, but I hope it's a success so more options are in the future.

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
I'd love to test ride one of these things. @PUSHIND any way to facilitate a demo? :brows:
Not looking good at this point. I'm not able to get an extra fork myself as everything is currently sold. Hopefully, we can continue to scale production to be in a better position sometime here in the future. We'll see.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Not looking good at this point. I'm not able to get an extra fork myself as everything is currently sold. Hopefully, we can continue to scale production to be in a better position sometime here in the future. We'll see.
Gotcha.
The long form interview you did with Spomer was really good IMO. Interesting to hear about the challenges in manufacturing the uppers, both in suppliers and assembly.