Quantcast

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
skiing with a friend yesterday and he was mentioning that they were undergoing restructuring....that was the first I'd heard of anything going on

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
I wish the situation was as optimistic as Fraser paints it, but we've been told the company is going to be liquidated, and 90% of us are unemployed as of next week. They'll keep a few people on to assist with the liquidation.

My tenure with the company has been short, but it's been a fun ride. Thanks to all the great athletes, customers, and media folks I've had the opportunity to work with. Thanks also to the amazing group of coworkers I have out here. All of you make stuff like this hurt a lot less.

--JP

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
That sucks. I love your products. How did it happen? I always thought your products were very popular.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I wish the situation was as optimistic as Fraser paints it, but we've been told the company is going to be liquidated, and 90% of us are unemployed as of next week. They'll keep a few people on to assist with the liquidation.

My tenure with the company has been short, but it's been a fun ride. Thanks to all the great athletes, customers, and media folks I've had the opportunity to work with. Thanks also to the amazing group of coworkers I have out here. All of you make stuff like this hurt a lot less.

--JP
Wow, sorry to hear. That wasn't what i had been led to believe at all. Crazy.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
HOW
??????????????????????????

RaceFace is an amazing company with great products. They've always put out great stuff, and had a great company backing them. How do they possibly go under, and other sketchy ass companies stay up?

I don't get it.

Jun 6, 2010
Bummer - awesome products. Now that i think back on it, i see less and less companies specing them for build kits... not sure how big/significant that portion of the market is.

I'd like to see them bought and restructured.. i'm surprised we didn't here anything about filing for bankruptcy to restructure.

Atlas Cranks are so nice too. dang.

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008
HOW
??????????????????????????

RaceFace is an amazing company with great products. They've always put out great stuff, and had a great company backing them. How do they possibly go under, and other sketchy ass companies stay up?

I don't get it.
1: Losing Giants OEM business must have hurt like a son of a bitch.
2. Losing a massive chunk of LBS sales by trying to sell to MEC.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Any insight to why this is happening then?
Srsly???

Don't bite the hand that feeds.

But yea, good luck to all involved with Race Face. Bummer news to one of the the more progressive mountain bike companies.

thegoat3183

Chimp
Feb 5, 2011
All my Race Face parts will be used till they die. Love the parts, sorry to hear this crappy news.

The Goat

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Well, the fact that a riding buddy of mine was just hired to work there about a week ago when there was clearly some kind of "writing on the wall" about this sort of problem, one wonders how the outfit was being run...

Kind of raw deal to be left high and dry like that.

gollub01

Chimp
Sep 10, 2010
jh wyoming
very sad, great company, great history, great products. I love my atlas bars and cranks. Just goes to show you how hard the past few years have been for corporate...

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
please no you saw what they did to gt, there just recovering now.
You mean how they saved them from the scrap heap, got them out of Walmart, and infused them with tons of r&d cash?

As far as RF, really sad to see them go. :( Dorel would be a good owner. They could spec RF on their GT, Mongoose, and Cannondale brands.

Deano

Monkey
Feb 14, 2011
lets just pray the corporation that has enough cash to buy em, try to keep the image going, albeit with a better economics department.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Sad news indeed all my bikes rock race face parts. Its a bummer but hopefully I can pick up some replacement parts on closeout and have my bikes running RF well into the future