Quantcast

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Jane and Finch is close to where I live during the week (up in Vaughan weekdays). It's a safe neighborhood if you've been around long enough ;)

I'll check that if I'm by again some time.
& @jdcamb come ride Copeland Forest next summer. I'll give a great tour of the hills in Barrie. :)

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I crash all the time on a fat bike, but usually it's due to getting off of the 'groomed' center of the trail, and into the unconsolidated powder. Ass over teakettle as front wheel disappears. You get used to it...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
the crashes on the fatbike are ok though, as you fall in snow. snow. because that's the only place you should be seen riding a fatbike.
Well, our snow is really ice, with the exception of maybe 2 days / winter. That's why I prefer studded tires on a SS to Fat. Also, if trolling is your natural talent, pissing off fatbikers by riding on "their" trails is priceless. :D (while they mostly lack any sense of respect towards XC ski trails)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Well, our snow is really ice, with the exception of maybe 2 days / winter. That's why I prefer studded tires on a SS to Fat. Also, if trolling is your natural talent, pissing off fatbikers by riding on "their" trails is priceless. :D (while they mostly lack any sense of respect towards XC ski trails)
If you wanna piss them off even more, go walking on "their" trails. Post holing sucks to ride through. absolutely sucks. but they can't say anything, caus' hey, you're on foot - the OG mode of locomotion!

OT - I just started fat biking this year. I don't do social media (RM is as close as I get - not sure if that counts?). I created a facebook account so I could join the local fatbike group to read about trail conditions. what a bunch of whiners... holy shit. Reinforces my desire to have nothing to do with social media. But... I can see how trolls have popped up with the use of that shit.... it's like shooting fish in a barrel!

the crashes on the fatbike are ok though, as you fall in snow. snow. because that's the only place you should be seen riding a fatbike.
Works until there's a boulder under the snow you fall into...

If you wanna piss them off even more, go walking on "their" trails. Post holing sucks to ride through. absolutely sucks. but they can't say anything, caus' hey, you're on foot - the OG mode of locomotion!

OT - I just started fat biking this year. I don't do social media (RM is as close as I get - not sure if that counts?). I created a facebook account so I could join the local fatbike group to read about trail conditions. what a bunch of whiners... holy shit. Reinforces my desire to have nothing to do with social media. But... I can see how trolls have popped up with the use of that shit.... it's like shooting fish in a barrel!
To date, postholing has not bugged me too much, and trail user conflict here is extremely rare.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Beans.jpg
Home made beans in my 100 year old bean pot....

Chick3.jpg

Chick2.jpg

Fish fried spicy Chicken finished in Butter. Super crunchy and very very spicy. My best yet....

Last edited: