scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
20190228_183230.jpg
20190228_175643.jpg
20190228_183220.jpg
20190228_201131.jpg
Yep. But I do love my furry assholes.

...but you hit the gas knob just one time...

My dough needs more fat.

(gifts for that other thread)

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I need to know more about these...

Empanada. Sort of. My first attempt. What I had around without going to the market.

2 sweet potatoes
half a head of cauliflower
large yellow onion
package of chx chorizo
roasted poblanos and jalapenos

Cook to taste, chunk/mash it all up.

Mixed up a random google-found dough recipe and baked 'em. Dough either needs more fat, or I need to fry them.
Was in a hurry before work, so they are a bit on the ugly side, but very tasty! The very many folks from south of the U.S. border I work with all gave me a big thumbs up on flavor, no so much on presentation.

Only used half of the filling, so will attempt another batch tomorrow.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Empanada. Sort of. My first attempt. What I had around without going to the market.

2 sweet potatoes
half a head of cauliflower
large yellow onion
package of chx chorizo
roasted poblanos and jalapenos

Cook to taste, chunk/mash it all up.

Mixed up a random google-found dough recipe and baked 'em. Dough either needs more fat, or I need to fry them.
Was in a hurry before work, so they are a bit on the ugly side, but very tasty! The very many folks from south of the U.S. border I work with all gave me a big thumbs up on flavor, no so much on presentation.

Only used half of the filling, so will attempt another batch tomorrow.
Would the Pobalnos you reconstitute suffice? Otherwise I would only have the ones from a Jar or Can.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Would the Pobalnos you reconstitute suffice? Otherwise I would only have the ones from a Jar or Can.
Don't see why not. Most canned "chipotle" chiles are poblanos anyhow, AFAIK. So long as the dried ones are reconstituted enough, they ought to work just as well.

Mrs. Scrub has already berated me for the omission of any sort of cheese. Oops.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Trader Joes has them dried. I am going there after Laps in the Pool at the JCC. Can I use regular Chorizo?
Heck yeah! Don't see why not. No real recipe. Eminently mutable to whatever you have kicking around the kitchen.