Quantcast
You might not, but the society certainly does.
Less than 1/2 of 1% of all bats may contract the disease. A variety of wild animals (rabies vector species) can catch rabies, including foxes, skunks, raccoons, coyotes and bats.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Less than 1/2 of 1% of all bats may contract the disease. A variety of wild animals (rabies vector species) can catch rabies, including foxes, skunks, raccoons, coyotes and bats.

Still does not change the fact that any interaction with a bat or even close proximity results in immediate vaccination for rabies.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

I read somewhere that the rabies variant that foxes can carry can't be transmitted to humans, have you heard that before?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Things you don't want to see, big forest fire just over the ridge from your house.
Things which reassure you slightly, the big fire fighting plane flying over your house and the helicopters dropping water too.
Thankfully there's a little bit of rain falling, but also some lightning...
20200713_185538.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@6thElement .. I saw the lightning and immediately thought 'heck, it's way too dry for this' . I hope it's managed quickly.
That rain from the thunderstorm that passed over must have helped. Planes and helicopters were going over a bunch. Looks like it is close to 3-sisters park but hasn't reached trails.