Quantcast

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
If I'm not wrong, he actually got pretty jacked up by the harness/bike combo when he fell on attempt one. I think the bike gave him a beating when he came off and everything was flopping around, bike and rider.

More impressive is that the record holder rode in a straight line and Mooney attempted it in a circle for some hippy festival that had limited space downtown.

The pic of the day on Vital the other day was of him jumping a tall bike on a huge gap.
Was just kidding about the harness, I would not try that sh*t with 4 harness's. I had the opportunity to to ride with him at Snowshoe years ago. He was doing stuff on a tall bike that I wouldnt do on my DH bike, then he showed up sunday morning in an Elvis suit with a cape to race DH.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Was just kidding about the harness, I would not try that sh*t with 4 harness's. I had the opportunity to to ride with him at Snowshoe years ago. He was doing stuff on a tall bike that I wouldnt do on my DH bike, then he showed up sunday morning in an Elvis suit with a cape to race DH.
First time I race him was out of college. He was wearing thermal underwear top and spandex cycling shorts with half his ass hanging out a hole in them. He won.

Found the pic, courtesy of www.jeffzimmermanphotography.com :

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
i seem to recall this guy having a sh*t fit when he was told he couldn't race the US open on that monstrosity.
Yup. He let Shawn know way in advance that he was coming all the way from NC. Then, he did all his practice runs and last minute, after getting that clearance, got turned away. Can't blame him. I'd have at least gotten a few punches in.