Quantcast

RANT about Boxxer/CS 2010

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Beta testing products shouldn't d be the consumers job...especially a product that is the only thing between me and my wheel when I'm hitting 10 ft drops, 40ft gaps, and flying down rock gardens at high speeds (on a good day)
I have to agree with this. Unless the first run products are going to be stupid cheap, or absolutly replaced in a after a year of riding, then it should be good out of the damn box

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
some of the people in this thread have proven that not only should they not be allowed to talk or type openly, but that they are good for nothing but being a slinky. You know, being pushed down the stairs for others' enjoyment.

Its clear there are a few bugs in the Boxxer's assembly. IT HAPPENS. Its NOT SRAM releasing a half-designed product on the consumers saying "**** it, we'll sort it out later."

It happens everywhere, to every company, in every industry. Problems arise that DID NOT SHOW in testing, even after years of tweaking and refining. Look at the 2-step situation. RockShox tested the balls off those forks, and still a problem popped up. They've fixed it now, and nobody's bitching. It will be the same thing with the Boxxer. Few teething issues in manufacturing/ assembly get sorted, and its all good after that.

On a side note, I know somebody is going to bring up "but it costs $XXXXXXXXXXXX.99!!! It should be perfect!"

Well, the answer to that is quite simple. All companies need to balance cost of manufacturing against the consumer price. That means finding the best balance of quality building vs manufacturing price. IF a company was to have things built to the best standard available, Boxxers wouldn't cost what they do, they'd likely be triple that. So those that are having issues, STFU, realize that **** happens, and let RS deal with you, as they ALWAYS DO.

Cept the swiss(or whatever) guy. Your distributor sounds sketchy. :)

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
some of the people in this thread have proven that not only should they not be allowed to talk or type openly, but that they are good for nothing but being a slinky. You know, being pushed down the stairs for others' enjoyment.

Its clear there are a few bugs in the Boxxer's assembly. IT HAPPENS. Its NOT SRAM releasing a half-designed product on the consumers saying "**** it, we'll sort it out later."

It happens everywhere, to every company, in every industry. Problems arise that DID NOT SHOW in testing, even after years of tweaking and refining. Look at the 2-step situation. RockShox tested the balls off those forks, and still a problem popped up. They've fixed it now, and nobody's bitching. It will be the same thing with the Boxxer. Few teething issues in manufacturing/ assembly get sorted, and its all good after that.

On a side note, I know somebody is going to bring up "but it costs $XXXXXXXXXXXX.99!!! It should be perfect!"

Well, the answer to that is quite simple. All companies need to balance cost of manufacturing against the consumer price. That means finding the best balance of quality building vs manufacturing price. IF a company was to have things built to the best standard available, Boxxers wouldn't cost what they do, they'd likely be triple that. So those that are having issues, STFU, realize that **** happens, and let RS deal with you, as they ALWAYS DO.

You're right of course. Nobody could have forseen the fork wouldn't work well without oil.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO

:thumb:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006

I do talk with the tech dept at Sram about 1X a week and they tell me that they have very little experience with the 2010 fork and nowhere to ride one in Chicago, IL. They have actually been asking us for any input and real-world riding and wrenching experience.
It's nothing new with SRAM. RockShox/Avid/whatever else they have nowadays. Cheap under-tested under-toleranced products with stellar support sometimes. Their products A-Z are simply a liability to have on my bike. I've rid my bikes of ALL SRAM products finally.

And stop acting like this is just the same old story for the bike industry and it should be perfectly acceptable. It isn't. There is no reason that a couple sliders, bushings, seals, a casting, a spring and damper can't be 100% reliable and safe at a $1-2k pricepoint.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
It's nothing new with SRAM. RockShox/Avid/whatever else they have nowadays. Cheap under-tested under-toleranced products with stellar support sometimes. Their products A-Z are simply a liability to have on my bike. I've rid my bikes of ALL SRAM products finally.

And stop acting like this is just the same old story for the bike industry and it should be perfectly acceptable. It isn't. There is no reason that a couple sliders, bushings, seals, a casting, a spring and damper can't be 100% reliable and safe at a $1-2k pricepoint.
CAUTION...RANT...CAUTION

Quit your bitching and deal with it. It is not just Sram/Rock Shox, it is the entire suspension industry and you have seen it if you have been on a bike for a number of years now. Fox, manitou, marz. etc the names go on for terrible suspension design, faulty parts, parts failing sometimes catastrophically, etc.

This is not new and the prices have been about the same.

If you don't like their stuff then don't buy it, take it off of your bikes and shut your f'ing mouth. There are plenty of other manufacturers that are in the suspension market right now, go try their stuff. If you like it, great and I am happy for you, if you don't well chock that one up on your list to never put on your bike.

Hacktastic, you don't own this product nor do you intend to. You have only read about these problems from a few accounts on RM and maybe a few other sites. You have no first hand knowledge of this problem on your personal fork. I have a 2010 WC, about 12-13 of my friends have either the WC or the team and they have yet to have one problem with them.

I do agree that it is a bit annoying that they didn't come with oil/lube, that is a fail but that is a simple fail that either an LBS or the user can fix in 15-30 minutes and 90% of the time the fork will be good to go.

It looks like Sram has acknowledged that their are problems with the first year forks and parts/kits will be out soon as well as an 8 page bulletin on what procedures you will need to take and what parts for what fork. I have seen the bulletin with my own eyes and actually own a copy, however I was asked not to share it at this exact time until all parts/kits are available to the public.

Things will get fixed, people will be happy and the 2010 boxxer will be a success. Unfortunately there will be a few problems out there as well as a few lemons. They will make it onto a forum just like this one and one bitch session will become 30 pages of pure and utter BS from people who have no right to say anything.

RANT OVER!

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.

Hello slinky.

Heres a couple names for you to do some research on. Let me know what you find out about thier first year products and performance issues.

APPLE. GM. NVIDIA. MICROSOFT. HONDA. SONY.

I figure those alone should keep you busy, nevermind the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of other companies that experience production and/or manufacturing errors beyond thier control SOMEWHERE ALONG THE LINE. And just like SRAM, those companies will identify the problem, and fix it. And once those problems are fixed, consumers/ slinkys will move on to the next internet-blown-the-****-out-of-proportion "problem" and whine and bitch about it without realizing the full story or even the actual percentagle of issues in the REAL WORLD (copyright), all the while jerking off to their inbred ego and distorted sense of prosecution and entitlement.

Last edited:

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Spoken out of pure ignorance. :rofl: Enjoy your bubble.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
By the way...the guy all the way on the right, in the blue jersey and hat backwards...thats Rob Fraser. 5th in elite at Bromont this weekend. Hes faster then you. He rides harder then you. Hes better looking then you, and his girlfriend is hotter then yours.

Guess how many problems hes had with his Boxxer?

0! OMGWTFBBQINTERNETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Spoken out of pure ignorance. :rofl: Enjoy your bubble.
No it's spoken out of experience actually. I have owned, used and worked on more than my fair share of SRAM products to substantiate it.

Just because some racer uses a product and can't fault it publicly means nothing to me by the way. Show me an A rider who hits long rough trails 4-5 days a week, makes mistakes and crashes occasionally, doesn't ride like a ballerina and goes long periods of time between rebuilds and I'll trust the products they use. I've seen far more people this last year dump all their SRAM/RockShox gear than anytime before.

AlCapone

Monkey
Apr 5, 2009
North Bend, WA
I'm going to preface this post by saying I do not own any RS products nor have I ever owned them.

Looking at the situation of the new Boxxers from an unbiased viewpoint, it seems as if both sides of the argument presented in this thread have some merit to them. Obviously, if you spend $1700 on a fork, you should expect for it to work out of the box. Since RS shipped some of the Boxxers dry, they didn't meet this expectation that their customers have. As RUFUS said, it takes all of 30 minutes to correct this, so people might be overreacting. In my opinion, RS have made many stupid mistakes with the new Boxxers, but people are overreacting to an extent.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Show me an A rider who hits long rough trails 4-5 days a week, makes mistakes and crashes occasionally, doesn't ride like a ballerina and goes long periods of time between rebuilds and I'll trust the products they use. I've seen far more people this last year dump all their SRAM/RockShox gear than anytime before.
Ironically, you couldn't have described me better. I have equally good luck with their products on my xc bike as well, which is probably more strenuous due to enduring muddy conditions combined with the time I ride in a week. The performance, durability, price, and lastly service that backs all SRAM products is the reason I only ride their stuff.

My positive experiences are further enforced by the customers I sell SRAM products to. When properly set up, bled, maintained, etc., the parts always deliver performance and durability. That's not to say issues never arise, but for every one customer thats down for three days waiting for a legitimate warranty part from their stellar service department, there are ten more out riding without issues. I can assure you I've seen my fair share of de-bonding fox steerers, servo wave brakes, and xtr shifters out of commission too; it happens, to every company I see in the stand. Your bias is a bit extreme to say the least.

Last edited:

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Hacktastic, you don't own this product nor do you intend to. You have only read about these problems from a few accounts on RM and maybe a few other sites. You have no first hand knowledge of this problem on your personal fork. I have a 2010 WC, about 12-13 of my friends have either the WC or the team and they have yet to have one problem with them.
Haha, that's just ironic because a few weeks ago, Hacktastic was accusing me of arguing just for the sake of arguing. But I was in fact arguing because he was posting misleading information.

I agree with you though, clearly he has no intention of purchasing the fork and is just here to stir. Maybe he'll give it a rest now, or maybe you'll just have to keep shutting him down. :)

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
CAUTION...RANT...CAUTION

Quit your bitching and deal with it. It is not just Sram/Rock Shox, it is the entire suspension industry and you have seen it if you have been on a bike for a number of years now. Fox, manitou, marz. etc the names go on for terrible suspension design, faulty parts, parts failing sometimes catastrophically, etc.

This is not new and the prices have been about the same.

If you don't like their stuff then don't buy it, take it off of your bikes and shut your f'ing mouth. There are plenty of other manufacturers that are in the suspension market right now, go try their stuff. If you like it, great and I am happy for you, if you don't well chock that one up on your list to never put on your bike.

I do agree that it is a bit annoying that they didn't come with oil/lube, that is a fail but that is a simple fail that either an LBS or the user can fix in 15-30 minutes and 90% of the time the fork will be good to go.

It looks like Sram has acknowledged that their are problems with the first year forks and parts/kits will be out soon as well as an 8 page bulletin on what procedures you will need to take and what parts for what fork. I have seen the bulletin with my own eyes and actually own a copy, however I was asked not to share it at this exact time until all parts/kits are available to the public.

Things will get fixed, people will be happy and the 2010 boxxer will be a success. Unfortunately there will be a few problems out there as well as a few lemons. They will make it onto a forum just like this one and one bitch session will become 30 pages of pure and utter BS from people who have no right to say anything.

RANT OVER!
Don't assume anything about me and don't put words in my mouth. I will take the products off my ride but I certainly won't keep quiet about it. This is a public forum for users to share their experiences on, which is exactly what I will do. Of course a public forum allows people to come on here and start little flame wars too, which can be fun, but generally isn't useful.

I do not own this fork and I do not intend to. Everybody I know personally who owns this fork has had problems with it and they are out of money and riding time as a result. Most have just sold it already and are either shopping again or glad they kept their old forks.

It's an issue with the whole bike industry and their new releases, there is no denying that at all, but my experience is that SRAM/RS is still the bottom of the barrel when it comes to product quality/consistency/reliability. It's not just a one time thing with them either, it's just about every time, and it's products across the board.

Go look at computer releases, automobile releases, etc etc. Products that fail that badly get recalled. Bike stuff just doesn't get held to any real quality standards.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Don't assume anything about me and don't put words in my mouth. I will take the products off my ride but I certainly won't keep quiet about it. This is a public forum for users to share their experiences on, which is exactly what I will do. Of course a public forum allows people to come on here and start little flame wars too, which can be fun, but generally isn't useful.

I do not own this fork and I do not intend to. Everybody I know personally who owns this fork has had problems with it and they are out of money and riding time as a result. Most have just sold it already and are either shopping again or glad they kept their old forks.

It's an issue with the whole bike industry and their new releases, there is no denying that at all, but my experience is that SRAM/RS is still the bottom of the barrel when it comes to product quality/consistency/reliability. It's not just a one time thing with them either, it's just about every time, and it's products across the board.

Go look at computer releases, automobile releases, etc etc. Products that fail that badly get recalled. Bike stuff just doesn't get held to any real quality standards.
Just give it a rest. You said what you needed to, which was received, and now there is nothing more for you to argue about.

My assumption is based on pure fact and you strengthened my assumption by stating that you do not own one.

Lock it up.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
He rides harder then you.

I hate sticking up for hacktastic but.....
He rides about as hard as anyone I know (sometimes its painful to see), on trails that most downhillers couldn't imagine riding, and since he's "between oppurtunities" at the moment, he rides A LOT. So you're statement might be a little off base...

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
So if I go drop a bunch of money on it and break it I'll be able to bitch about it? Just differently?

You assume I get all my product experience off the internet. Untrue. I really don't even frequent this site or any of the other MTB sites as much anymore as I've just been riding my dirt bike for the last couple weeks or so. If I were here more often I would be stirring up much much more ****. And believe me, I take internet reviews with a grain of salt for the most part. Never ever get the whole story with that and no such thing as a zero bias. Most positive reviews mask the flaws and most negative reviews mask the improper setup/abuse a user inflicts. When I can watch the part fail in person or have seen a product ridden from its original box to the point it fails I count that as experience.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Hmmmmmm I think I'm going to just revert my visits here to exclusively crap-flinging. That seems to be a lot more fun and a lot more effective. I now remember why I don't come here for anything useful.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Let's just agree to disagree...

and go ride our bikes. :)
60 miles of fast mountain singletrack, some bushwhacking, some steep loose rocks, and a 1000ft hillclimb that the silly 4 strokes couldn't make it up yesterday put me out for today....see what happens when I don't ride that particular day?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
By the way...the guy all the way on the right, in the blue jersey and hat backwards...thats Rob Fraser. 5th in elite at Bromont this weekend. Hes faster then you. He rides harder then you. Hes better looking then you, and his girlfriend is hotter then yours.

And he does not have a full time mechanic nor does he have someone to include RS rebuilding his fork after every weekend.
Your both right, I dont know the behind the story with his fork, but this is what I get and I am not just saying this about what I see with RS, but from all the bug susopension guys, **** all, make sure the pros have the best ahnd built overly inspected parts, and lets hope for the best with the rest that goes to the general public.

I'm going to preface this post by saying I do not own any RS products nor have I ever owned them.

Looking at the situation of the new Boxxers from an unbiased viewpoint, it seems as if both sides of the argument presented in this thread have some merit to them. Obviously, if you spend $1700 on a fork, you should expect for it to work out of the box. Since RS shipped some of the Boxxers dry, they didn't meet this expectation that their customers have. As RUFUS said, it takes all of 30 minutes to correct this, so people might be overreacting. In my opinion, RS have made many stupid mistakes with the new Boxxers, but people are overreacting to an extent.
I really dont care who the Manf is, shipping a, incomplete product, is unacceptable.

Pleas elet me sat this again, its not just RS I hammer about this.... Its all the Big suspension companies that shortcut and drop there testing into the general public, I work in the auto feild, and NO it is in no way this bad, I have said it before, I will say it again, it happens because we allow it to. We accept that its normal to have to fix parts when we open the box, and it seems the more we spend, the more we check that the Manf did there job.

Are there people that shouildnt be bitching in this post, Probably, do both sides have merit, Probably, but fact still remains taht when you have a product that costs this much, it shouldnt come out of the box like you got it at the penny mart.

On a side note, I kind of hope the 2010 888 will come dry, as a build kit. Seems it will stop everyone from bitching about it when they get it. Now its just that to use the fork, you have to assmelbe it first, now if something is wrong its totally on the consumer no matter what.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Another side note, How teh **** did we get to it being acceptable for a fork to cost in the 1700 range??? Its not like tehre has been some Huge major suspension technology breakthrough in the last year or two. Onoy thing I have seen thats been fancy, is the paint.

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
guys...I was the one with an effed up fork and I've been riding more than all of you cause that's what you're supposed to do on your free time in the weekends....so please, don't care if you disagree or hate sram and love zoke or think a manitou with tons of shims is the tits....just go out and take a ride, it's better than ranting about problems that didn't happen to you.cheers!

verticult

Chimp
Jan 7, 2005
this season more than ever I see brand-new popular bikes either broken, loose and wobbling or the pedals dragging the ground due to some kind of engineering mistake. Monday morning, somehow they are the most popular bikes on the net :weee:

I have been using SRAM parts for a long time, they have continued to produce speciality items for low demand markets. They have great customer service and always produce items that are either better or very competitive in their catagory. They have been supplying DH parts with consistency since they started selling them. Others? Some are in and out as they see fit.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Well I just got back from our state championships. I'm running an 08/09 Boxxer WC which I love, but I'm not going near a 2010 Boxxer now. Does anyone know if they switched manufacturing plants? Because the price is lower (well maybe just here), and the quality has gone out the window.

Dry assembled forks, missing grub screws, etc? I've seen more broken 2010 Boxxers in 2 months than I have previous year models in 5 years. Are they fixing the arch issue? This isn't worth joking about or being a one-eyed Boxxer/SRAM fanboy about. Someone is gonna get seriously hurt unless they fix these things.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
guys...I was the one with an effed up fork and I've been riding more than all of you cause that's what you're supposed to do on your free time in the weekends....so please, don't care if you disagree or hate sram and love zoke or think a manitou with tons of shims is the tits....just go out and take a ride, it's better than ranting about problems that didn't happen to you.cheers!
I would love to, but I still cant pedal.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Hello slinky.

Heres a couple names for you to do some research on. Let me know what you find out about thier first year products and performance issues.

APPLE. GM. NVIDIA. MICROSOFT. HONDA. SONY.

I figure those alone should keep you busy, nevermind the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of other companies that experience production and/or manufacturing errors beyond thier control SOMEWHERE ALONG THE LINE. And just like SRAM, those companies will identify the problem, and fix it. And once those problems are fixed, consumers/ slinkys will move on to the next internet-blown-the-****-out-of-proportion "problem" and whine and bitch about it without realizing the full story or even the actual percentagle of issues in the REAL WORLD (copyright), all the while jerking off to their inbred ego and distorted sense of prosecution and entitlement.
Ha ha - this post made me :rofl:. Using some of the largest manufacturers in the world to justify why SRAM failed at their new product is beyond silly. Not even the same level...not even remotely close. I could mention many manufacturers that NEVER have problems with their stuff. It's apples to oranges.

Are they paying you to defend them? I can't believe how amazingly defensive you SRAM fanboys are getting over a little internet drama. FWIW - I'm actively looking to buy a Boxxer and this thread will not deter me in any way.

Here's something to remember: EVERY business makes mistakes - it's how quickly and properly they fix them that matters. It sounds like SRAM is working on a fix, although it seems to be taking awhile. I'm sure all will be well in the end.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Ha ha - this post made me :rofl:. Using some of the largest manufacturers in the world to justify why SRAM failed at their new product is beyond silly. Not even the same level...not even remotely close. I could mention many manufacturers that NEVER have problems with their stuff. It's apples to oranges.

Are they paying you to defend them? I can't believe how amazingly defensive you SRAM fanboys are getting over a little internet drama. FWIW - I'm actively looking to buy a Boxxer and this thread will not deter me in any way.

Here's something to remember: EVERY business makes mistakes - it's how quickly and properly they fix them that matters. It sounds like SRAM is working on a fix, although it seems to be taking awhile. I'm sure all will be well in the end.
So which one is it? :D

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
So which one is it? :D
Hey - don't call me out on my useless internet drivel. ;)

Seriously though - just because they don't have manufacturing mistakes doesn't mean they don't make other mistakes (customer service, etc). But you're right - I kind of wish I hadn't written that now. :eek:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hmmmmmm I think I'm going to just revert my visits here to exclusively crap-flinging. That seems to be a lot more fun and a lot more effective. I now remember why I don't come here for anything useful.
And surprisingly, you never have anything useful to add.

this season more than ever I see brand-new popular bikes either broken, loose and wobbling or the pedals dragging the ground due to some kind of engineering mistake. Monday morning, somehow they are the most popular bikes on the net :weee:

I have been using SRAM parts for a long time, they have continued to produce speciality items for low demand markets. They have great customer service and always produce items that are either better or very competitive in their catagory. They have been supplying DH parts with consistency since they started selling them. Others? Some are in and out as they see fit.
Frank, take your logic and your long term experiences back to reality where they belong ;)

OBB

Monkey
Sep 25, 2008
Has anyone mentioned yet how the weight weenie trend is coming full circle once again?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005

I am glad someone else see's that no matter how great there CS is, nor how easy it is to just fix it yourself, that its still something that is unacceptable.

Casting flaw...Ok I can handle that, a batch of forks with no lube? Thats too much. Thats like Chevy releasing an entire line of vehicles without tightening the ball joints, then everyone saying its ok, just grab a socket and tighten them up, you can do it at home.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I don't think anyone is saying its acceptable. What people (myself included) are saying is that its not worth the hassle to deal with it in the manor your suggesting. Yes, every person with a sticky fork could drive to their sram dealer, complain, have the dealer call sram, get an RA#, pay for shipping (yes, you have to pay for it to get there, they only pay to get it back), be without a fork for three weeks, and then get to ride their bike. OR, they could do it themselves at home and be riding in a half hour. Personally, its not worth it to me to 'prove a point' at the expense of riding time.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I am glad someone else see's that no matter how great there CS is, nor how easy it is to just fix it yourself, that its still something that is unacceptable.

Casting flaw...Ok I can handle that, a batch of forks with no lube? Thats too much. Thats like Chevy releasing an entire line of vehicles without tightening the ball joints, then everyone saying its ok, just grab a socket and tighten them up, you can do it at home.
They'd issue a factory recall...bring it into the dealer and 2 hr later you're all set....will RS recall their forks to repair and inspect? Doubtful until the first rider breaks his or her neck. I swore I'd never ride another RS product after my Quadra 5 blew an elastomer out the top and it hit me in the chest. Imagine if that were my eye or whatever. Not surprisingly, I found out they had a full recall and replaced the top caps and elastomers. I imagine somebody else got hit worse than I. Yet, here I am with an 08 WC, and it doesn't even have elastomers!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
I don't think anyone is saying its acceptable. What people (myself included) are saying is that its not worth the hassle to deal with it in the manor your suggesting. Yes, every person with a sticky fork could drive to their sram dealer, complain, have the dealer call sram, get an RA#, pay for shipping (yes, you have to pay for it to get there, they only pay to get it back), be without a fork for three weeks, and then get to ride their bike. OR, they could do it themselves at home and be riding in a half hour. Personally, its not worth it to me to 'prove a point' at the expense of riding time.

And to be clear, I am not saying you should be proving a point by missing riding time, I am saying that the Big suspension guys need to get there **** together, and get there QC under control BEFORE they release there product.

Specially for what they are asking people to pay, Like I said before, there hasnt been some huge new innovation in suspension technology that truly supports the increase in cost we have sen over the last two years.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Like I said before, there hasnt been some huge new innovation in suspension technology that truly supports the increase in cost we have sen over the last two years.
Colored knobs and funny names for them take off 4 seconds off your minute, didn't you know?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Where is the increase in cost. The cost has stayed relatively the same for years. Look at the Manitou Dorado at $2700. I have read about some problems on the new fork but I am not bashing it. I think that it is absolutely absurd that you would charge $2700 for a bicycle fork but oh well.

The minute increase in cost might have to do with cost of manufacturing, parts, material, the TERRIBLE economy recently as well as many other contributing factors.

Just let it go, most of us are so just stop it.

OUT!