Quantcast

Rare frames and components?????

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
Peyto bikes

hope brakes, just about anywhere in Canada.

Fly-sports Propeller cranks, they make them in batches, and very very rarely. They are out there but it seems every set is a bit different from the last.

there weren't a ****load of tazer hardtails made as far as i know.

the mazocchi RAC, i'm hardly certain there's a production run. If anyone finds one, I've got dibbs.

Manitou millenium, a version of the supernova, but they only made 2000 of em.

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
Here's the one picture I've taken of the full rig.
Behind it is my XC/all mountain hard tail, also steel.
The new DH bike and a trail bike are in the works, I'll keep yall posted.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Spitfired said:
Here's the one picture I've taken of the full rig.
Behind it is my XC/all mountain hard tail, also steel.
The new DH bike and a trail bike are in the works, I'll keep yall posted.
i really like the mainframe design....cant really see much else tho

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
indieboy said:
that dude is making some bad ass jewelry now

Yeah, i bought the last of the Ti Chainring earrings he use to make to give to some female cyclists i coach. He's making some bad ass pens too now outta Ti, hardwood, and Marble.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Spitfire: Nice work. That came out looking pretty good. Mine is still in the works.

A little OT, but I took a tour of a shop today that does lots of hydroforming and bulge forming of Ti sheet. The foreman was saying that a couple of the guys have made bikes. They did some Ti oil pans for drag racers and Ti exhaust manifolds.

Imagine a Ti monoque frame....They had the technology. They also had weldors doing Ti joints that make a Merlin look like it was done by a 12 year old in China.

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
buildyourown said:
Spitfire: Nice work. That came out looking pretty good. Mine is still in the works.

A little OT, but I took a tour of a shop today that does lots of hydroforming and bulge forming of Ti sheet. The foreman was saying that a couple of the guys have made bikes. They did some Ti oil pans for drag racers and Ti exhaust manifolds.

Imagine a Ti monoque frame....They had the technology. They also had weldors doing Ti joints that make a Merlin look like it was done by a 12 year old in China.
Could you Pm me with some info about these guys. I may have a business proposition for them.

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
lovebunny said:
oh by the way. that draco. theres less than 20 of them. i think mines the 14th or something like that
No dude - That was the one I had. It's V3 #1, making it Draco frame #6 or somthing. I think theres 14 total right now. Maybe 17 now considering what's gone down in the last week.

what kind of frame is that mate as its a cracker
I'm not sure what that means (it's white?), but thanks I guess.

Buildyourown Thanks. I never did get to thats "detailed write up" I promised, did I. I'm working on the new version which I hope to produce of people are interested and also a trail bike will be ready soonish.

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
ChainWhip said:
Middleburns aren't too terribly common in the states yet... (and no, just because monkeys pimp 'em doesn't mean they're not rare).

http://www.middleburn.co.uk :)
yeah but they are common as a really common thing over here.

Or even the Shimano Drum brake that had all those cooling fins on them. I remember reading that was insainly expensive to build. Stick probably has insite on those, i think Lopes ran them.
reported as being the spongiest brake in the world ever! although i wonder how much cable stretch did to help that.....

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
jet said:
I own this baby.

Used to be Lisa Sher's. Geoff Scofield had the other one. This is prolly the only one left
wow i stared at that and was wondering where the shock was.....
i'd still ride that.

DHS said:
wow i stared at that and was wondering where the shock was.....
i'd still ride that.
I took it into Kaibab bikes in Moab and they were bouncing on it going 'How much travel does this have?'

I'm looking at them like they are on crack going 'it's a hardtail'.

I just remebered- I was on one of the xc frames. It was the same frame minus the downtube. The one I rode for a week is the only one I have ever seen. They were like Porshce 'gaurds red'. I think there were 5 of those. it was desingned to have positive flex. kind of impressive considering the main tube is 3 inch aluminum.

dropthebreak

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
zedro said:
wow, never saw that thing. Wonder why Devinci never made something of it...perhaps too close to their Balfa neighbours?
They bought the rights off of balfa if im not mistaken.

dropthebreak

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
The Kadvang said:
wow, sickness. does the chain run from the cranks up the other side? bonus points for the ultra rare shimano airlines too
sure does. its a typical jackshaft, only the swingarm dont pivot around the driveshaft.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
well i think im going to try and get a hood mussel as they rule :thumb: so what do you folks think of them